Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by marknett
the max number of changes is 15 % , I am trying to change how many hits before the cell is considered full. . It says minimun hits is 5 but I don't see the cells changing to red until 50 hits
I don't think you can change that. Only the min hits required to tell the software you've got enough data in each cell.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 PM
marknett
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
I don't think you can change that. Only the min hits required to tell the software you've got enough data in each cell.
Thats what Im trying to change ... where do I do that

Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

again, I'm not using autotune to make my changes on the fly. I data log, bring the log back, import it into Log Tuner software, generate new map file, then flash that back to the ECM. Then repeat process. To change that number in the log tuner software, you open LT, then select options, and change it there.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marknett
Which settings under autotune are you changing. When i hit autotune , settings, My minimum hits for learning is set at 5 , but By the colors orange to red happens at 50 hits . where do I change this ?
Getting 50 hits isn't hard to do. You just have to stay in each cell long enough to get them. If you want to know what happened on a tuning run do a compare and look at the delta between the last two tunes. If you see a bunch of zeros in cells then you can pretty much assume you didn't collect enough data in those cells. Then look at the new VE hit count in log tuner. It will show you how many hits you collected in each cell. The bottom line is you need to collect enough data to affect a change. How you ride the bike during tuning runs is what's going to affect this change.

Using Ultra's last 2 runs as an example. When we looked at the delta between his last 2 tunes there were alot of zeros. Either the VE's were dead on and didn't change was one thought. But that isn't realistic because the VE's are always changing, even if just a little bit. So we looked at his hit count in log tuner and found in the cells that had a zero delta there wasn't enough hits to affect a change.

If I was to give you a suggestion it would be to do a run and then look at the log tuner software to see your hit count. Depending on the map you start out with you're going to have to do as many runs as required. You can't shortchange that part of the process. If you're consistently not getting enough hits in certain cells they will never dial in. The software will tell you this. Once you know which cells you keep coming short in you can focus on those areas (stay longer in those rpm/map areas) on the next run.

Last edited by stailjim61; 02-26-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM
marknett
Advanced

just got off the phone with dynajet and was very impressed with their customer service. He told me how to look at my power vision with it being hooked up to computer : go to top menu and choose powervision.. then diagnostic/ test function ... then exit pc link.

Now you are seeing what you see when hooked to bike .. you can set up guages or datalog setups while in the house. Very nice . Also under autotune , when it loads change the basic to advanced and you get a lot more monitoring options . you might notice that you have 2 gear listings now . one when loaded will just say gear and will do nothing , the other when loaded will say gear # and will display gear readout when you are moving .. I love new gadgets lol

Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

love this forum.. learn something new everyday.. had no idea nor do i recall reading anywhere in the documenation (dynojet or fuelmoto) about the "exit pc link" feature. One would think (and me being an IT guy) that exit pc link would disconnect from the device. :-)

Thank you marknett....

Old 02-26-2013, 02:42 PM
winamos
Advanced

Installed my Power Vision and air cleaner from Fuel Moto and could not be happier with the experience. The shipment was quick, the map provided runs great, and the customer service when making some decisions about the purchase was awesome. I have been reading this thread for a couple of weeks prior to ordering the Power Vision and after three runs I am close to where I want things. This thread saved me time and money while learning more about my bike.
Enough of this, time for a ride.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by winamos
Installed my Power Vision and air cleaner from Fuel Moto and could not be happier with the experience. The shipment was quick, the map provided runs great, and the customer service when making some decisions about the purchase was awesome. I have been reading this thread for a couple of weeks prior to ordering the Power Vision and after three runs I am close to where I want things. This thread saved me time and money while learning more about my bike.
Enough of this, time for a ride.
yup.. we have the luxury in the south of riding during winter. It's a sweltering 61 here today and not a white cloud in the sky..

I'm from Broussard BTW..

Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM
rcmlndz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the problem. Ihave been thinking about getting the power vision for my road king. At present I'm running PCV with auto tune. I just finished a 107 build and i have been chasing some pinging. Last map i got from Keith is backing off the timing 4 degrees in the cruising area and im still having some ping at 70n mph on 6th gear. I have read that the ion anti knock system back off timing even when you cannot hear it. Do you guys think that ill be able to have a better tune with the power vision and datalogging? The only issue I have is that I have WB sensors installed so I wont be able to run closed loop.
will i be able to tune out the pinging even before i hear it?
Thanks

Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 PM
winamos
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
yup.. we have the luxury in the south of riding during winter. It's a sweltering 61 here today and not a white cloud in the sky..

I'm from Broussard BTW..
My Road King is my daily transportation and this winter has been very mild. I am glad that I am in an area that you don't have to wait months in order to ride.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread