Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:12 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

checked your connections at the PV and the Diagnostic port connector?

Old 02-23-2013, 07:17 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Arrow

Originally Posted by kustom78
Hey all, newb here to the tuning section, first off about my ride. its a 12 SG with Big radius pipes and thunder baffles with torque cones, also running a PM A/C. Ive ordered a PV and flashed a tune already after saving the stock of coarse. it seems to ride like a champ so far! ive only ridden it this morning for about 20 min. but to be honest, im not reading through almost 400 pages of info on this PV tuner.

the instruction booklet is a GREAT dissapointment!!! it dosent explain any of the features or functions in any length of detail or even how to really use anything. so far i was only able to get as far as i am now through google, youtube, and this site.

can someone explain to me what if any gains i would get if i used autotune? also is there a set mileage or time to run auto tune to get an accurate tune?
Well I won't go as far as saying I won't read the manual in it's entirety but yeah I agree mostly here. What I've read so far of the manual is a dissapointment to me as well. Tells you what all the bells and whistles are but doesn't really give you a "step-by-step"

What I'd like to see if someone with PV experience might be inclined to do so;

Step-by-step instructions on autotune basic (haven't been able to talk myself into drilling holes in a $1200 exhaust system yet), datalogging, comparing, applying learned values. I've already been down this road of countless wasted hours of street tuning with 2 other products, I don't want to waste any more time but would rather know exactly what needs to be done to achieve the tune desired for the bike to run at it's peak and ride the damn thing.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 02-23-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Raccerx67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a few step by steps posted in this thread further back, here is a link to one of them.

http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...utoTune.01.pdf

There is another one that Justdave or his nick was something like that made. its a downloadable very well lated out instruction sheet with riding tips for the autotune.

Fuelmoto has some links on there website also.

edit: its JustDennis (on hdforums.com) who made a great instruction set called PV Tuner Basic Instructions version 1.13

These two will help ya out greatly!!!! search this thread for the one dennis did you will find the link to download it.

Doug

Last edited by Raccerx67; 02-23-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Raccerx67
Cruiser

Here is the link for the one JustDennis made...

https://www.box.com/shared/i66qvn4xf1s2xp7fgy8v

Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Raccerx67, dude you rock thank you!!

Old 02-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Raccerx67
Cruiser

Happy to help out enjoy and you will really like the powervision once ya use it a few times. Its an amazing tool!!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 AM
tdkkart
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamatic
Can someone help me my pv cuts out after about 2 minutes of running if you are in the gauges all the figures disappear but the main screen stays on and if you are auto tuning it just stops recording and you still have the main screen on.
If you turn the bike off and then restart it all works fine again then it stuffs up again. Help...

Check the routing of the cable from the ECM connector to the PV. If you have it tucked up under tank be mindful of the spark plug wires, if the cable is too close to the plug wires you may get some electrical interference.
If your bike has a full length dash on the tank you can run the wire up the top of the tank/under the dash rather than under the tank.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kustom78
can someone explain to me what if any gains i would get if i used autotune? also is there a set mileage or time to run auto tune to get an accurate tune?
Doing AT's will help dial in the ecm to get the best performance. The ECM really needs to know how efficient the motor breathes to build it's best map for performance. That is represented by the VE tables.

Doing three 20 minute runs with AT and saving the learned values after each run to create the new map should get you pretty close. You will be creating a new map with each run from the previous runs map.I am no expert on this as I have only been tuning on my ride for a couple of months. Hope this helps.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:37 PM
marknett
Advanced

How do you guys drive your bike while autotuning .Normal riding lower gears and hard riding, lower gears and varied rpm's /

Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

can anyone tell me what the "recommended" values are for the AutoTune settings under AutoTune, settings, all the different options there such as Min Hit Count, Min VE Learn, etc please? Or should I simply leave them all set as default?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread