Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 07:30 AM
LetItRide
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
Your concern with the connector when not attached is a valid point as well. I may throw a baggie over it when not in use and coil it up, haven't figured it out yet.
I have a small ziplock bag over the end of my cable when not in use, with a rubber band around it just to be safe.

I didn't want the end of the cable corroding either.

Jim

Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
TonyVT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a Mac question.

I purchased the Power Vision for my 2010 Ultra Limited from Jaime on Friday and am eagerly awaiting delivery.

I am a Mac user and am planning on installing Windows 7 Pro on my MacBook Pro. I'm curious if any other Mac users have successfully used the Dynojet software with Windows 7 with either Bootcamp or Parallels?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TonyVT; 05-09-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:42 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyVT
I purchased the Power Vision for my 2010 Ultra Limited from Jaime on Friday and am eagerly awaiting delivery.

I am a Mac user and am planning on installing Windows 7 Pro on my MacBook Pro. I'm curious if any other Mac users have successfully used the Dynojet software with Windows 7 with either Bootcamp or Parallels?

Thanks in advance!
It might be cheaper to just go buy an inexpensive netbook computer with XP installed. I use my minimalist netbook almost exclusively for PV software and accessing the internet on bike trips. It's very small, weighing <2 lb. and measuring 10x6½x1", and takes up almost no space in the Tour Pak. You can find these with SSD's for ~$200 or maybe less, so that might be an alternative to buying Win7 for your Macbook. If you don't have plans carrying it on the bike you could buy one with a hard-drive, which are much more plentiful, have much more storage, and are no more expensive. I chose one with two 8gb SSD's because these drives are more resistant to vibration than mechanical hard-drives and with these I feel more confident carrying the netbook on the bike. Mine has 1gb RAM and 16gb of SSD storage total which is enough for the minimal number of programs I want to run. I basically just want the PV software, wifi, and Internet Explorer (already installed with the OS)--although I have more than that installed on this one. I use it exclusively to connect to the PV, although I use my desktop for any editing.

Here's one for $200, a refurb with 16gb SSD and 512mb RAM, although I would want to bump the RAM up to 1gb. These netbooks aren't fast at all, but they will be up to the task of performing minimalist work like this.

Last edited by iclick; 05-09-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Unbeknownst to me, there's a non-user-adjustable parameter within the PV tune that will allow changes in the fuel-used parameter. At their request I sent my map to DJ to have it altered and have been told that if it works they'll likely include a user-adjustable parameter for us to tweak. This would solve the problem of errors in the MPG and fuel-used gauges, or at least it would seem so. The only doubt I have is that the MPG and fuel-used gauges don't have the same level of error on my bike, although it's fairly close. Based on six fill-ups I'm seeing 9-16% high on fuel-used and 5-11% on MPG, and I'm thinking the variations could be a matter of only the imprecise nature of filling the tank. They're going to change mine -10% and I'll keep an eye on it, so stay tuned to this channel for breaking news.

Please don't send your maps to DJ for adjustment! They are going to try this as a test, then if it works hopefully make it possible for us to change it ourselves.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:09 PM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I go to air fuel ratio there is a box to the very right that if checked will
adjust gas type ie
gas(14.7)
E10(14.13)
E85(9.7)

The tables auto adjust if the above is changed.

Oops ! I miss read your post, as fuel type not fuel used. Sorry.

Last edited by hornhonker; 05-09-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:43 PM
TonyVT
Tourer

Thanks for the advice and recommendation. I was able to purchase a copy of Windows 7 Pro for significantly less than the cost of a netbook and will be installing it on my MacBook Pro this evening. I have been considering installing Windows anyways and this was a great excuse to do so. I look forward to reporting back after I have received the Power Vision from Fuel Moto and have had the opportunity to work with the software and install Jaime's map on my Ultra Limited.

Originally Posted by iclick
It might be cheaper to just go buy an inexpensive netbook computer with XP installed. I use my minimalist netbook almost exclusively for PV software and accessing the internet on bike trips. It's very small, weighing <2 lb. and measuring 10x6½x1", and takes up almost no space in the Tour Pak. You can find these with SSD's for ~$200 or maybe less, so that might be an alternative to buying Win7 for your Macbook. If you don't have plans carrying it on the bike you could buy one with a hard-drive, which are much more plentiful, have much more storage, and are no more expensive. I chose one with two 8gb SSD's because these drives are more resistant to vibration than mechanical hard-drives and with these I feel more confident carrying the netbook on the bike. Mine has 1gb RAM and 16gb of SSD storage total which is enough for the minimal number of programs I want to run. I basically just want the PV software, wifi, and Internet Explorer (already installed with the OS)--although I have more than that installed on this one. I use it exclusively to connect to the PV, although I use my desktop for any editing.

Here's one for $200, a refurb with 16gb SSD and 512mb RAM, although I would want to bump the RAM up to 1gb. These netbooks aren't fast at all, but they will be up to the task of performing minimalist work like this.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 PM
883_dave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hornhonker
When I go to air fuel ratio there is a box to the very right that if checked will
adjust gas type ie
gas(14.7)
E10(14.13)
E85(9.7)

The tables auto adjust if the above is changed.

Oops ! I miss read your post, as fuel type not fuel used. Sorry.
Is this box to adjust gas type within the PV unit or in the WinPV software? Thanks.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Youngneg
Tourer
Default 2011 softails

Hello,
I just got this e-mail......
Richard, thanks for the inquiry. It looks like your inquiring about the 2011 Softail models. Great news, they’re available! Here is some information about the product.

The Power Vision is a flash tuning system that actually reflashes the stock ECM….but we’ve changed the game a bit. Our device is actually a touch screen display that allows you to flash tune your bike, monitor live data, datalog, and also incorporates many other features. The other flash tuning solutions simply sell you a cable and small electronic box (dongle) that require a computer to flash your bike. The tuning software (WinPV) is also included and it gives you full control and access to the various tables of the calibration (tune file).

The Power Vision is NOT a piggy-back system that has to stay on your bike. Once you reflash your bike’s ECM, you could technically remove it. You’re most likely going to keep it handy, or leave it mounted because of all the cool features it offers.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 883_dave
Is this box to adjust gas type within the PV unit or in the WinPV software? Thanks.

its in the software.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:56 PM
883_dave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sam2010
its in the software.
Thanks! I will have to look for it next time I'm playing with WinPV.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread