Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A .STK conversion to standard map tool would be handy.
+1

Michael

Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Delmar
I have had the powervision now for a month now and really like the functions it provides. While looking at my map in WinPv under engine displacement, it shows 96.7 cubic inches. This is a map supplied by FM. Bike is 2007 Ultra with high flow A/C, Rinehart true duals and TW-555 cams. Im just curious as to what everyone else has for engine displacement in thier map file for a 96ci motor.

On another note, I just received the 107 top end kit from FM and will be installing it beginning of next week. The map I received from FM shows an engine displacement of 111 cubi inches. Not sure if this is an error or not but curious if there is a reason for this i am not aware of.

Also Does changing just the engine displacement field make any other changes automatically in other fields or are all inputs done manually.
My fuel moto map has 96.7 as far as the other map at 111 I think that it has something to do with the VE tables and perhaps some others. I am sure its not a error I would run with it. If any problems fuel moto has proved they have excellent customer service.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Delmar
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that. Im sure that the map FM sent me will be fine for the 107 kit.
I just wanted to make sure that others did see the 96.7 also in thier maps too.

I agree. Fuel Moto has been excellent to work with. I have bought my last 3 tuners from them starting with the PCIII and on up to the Powervision. Thier customer service is second to none.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:43 PM
mibeaulieu
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just installed SE-Stage 1 A/C, Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggereds and flashed the ECM with a new PV Map.

It's too late to fire it up tonight - but I won't be getting much sleep tonight...

Old 05-07-2011, 09:05 AM
etitanic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Moisture and the PV

Would like to know any suggestions for protecting the cable end from mositure when riding in the rain? I do not think I would leave the PV on the handlebar if riding in the rain but if I have the cable running under the tank and installed on the handlebar I would like to protect the connection on the end. I does have a slip on cap but this does not look at all water proof. Any ideas that you may have tried?

Thanks

Old 05-07-2011, 01:12 PM
mibeaulieu
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow - just went for a 70 mile ride (damn rain)... and it ran perfect. With just the Dyno-jet provided map - perfect. No popping, stalling, skipping. The PV lived up to the hype.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by etitanic
Would like to know any suggestions for protecting the cable end from mositure when riding in the rain? I do not think I would leave the PV on the handlebar if riding in the rain but if I have the cable running under the tank and installed on the handlebar I would like to protect the connection on the end. I does have a slip on cap but this does not look at all water proof. Any ideas that you may have tried?

Thanks
I spoke to Jamie about this. He tells me that everything on the PV is potted (sealed in epoxy). I had the same concern as you. Your concern with the connector when not attached is a valid point as well. I may throw a baggie over it when not in use and coil it up, haven't figured it out yet.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:18 PM
dropone
Supporter

Dielectric grease.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:21 PM
dropone
Supporter

Originally Posted by etitanic

Thanks
Dielectric grease and black tape.

Last edited by dropone; 05-07-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Hello, Has anybody used this tuner for a 2011 soft tail yet?.....i got an e-mail from Carl Chastain saying it`s available now for 2011 softies.....i`m chomping at the bit!!! but would like to see some info first....to see if there was or is any bugs......thanks

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread