Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

2010 street glide this is the fuel map I got from my bike suppose to be stage 1 from dealer.
The map I run now is pretty much .977 I been getting high30s to mid to lowers 40s mpg.

Name:  STOCK.png
Views: 351
Size:  196.2 KB

Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Here are the 2 AFR tables I am running now.

The one below a forum member setup for me. I was running this on my old street glide and was extremely pleased with it. I ran the above map on my Ultra and it was ok but after a few autotunes with the setup below I am very happy with it again on my new bike. The map below feels alot stronger in the cruising rpm range. I'm not sure if it's this map or other factors?

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-fmafrresz_zps44754a73-1_zps1d350492.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my PV and have read the online manuals while waiting on delivery.
I have a question that hopefully someone will be gracious enough to answer for me.
How do I save the original, unconverted map to my PC, and then save it to a disc as a safety backup? I noticed a section on how to move the copy of the original to the PC but I'd like to save the actual unconverted file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If I remember correctly, when you marry the PV to your bike it will ask you what slot to save the original calibration to. It is now on your PV. You then connect the PV to your PC and use the WinPV program. Click the PowerVision menu item on the top line of the program, select Get Tune From PV. It should now be opened in the WinPV program. From this point you save it to where ever you want to just like any other file in any other program. Prior to saving the file it might help to set up your folder in the directory tree of your computer. Don't forget to save the file on multiple media.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Here are the 2 AFR tables I am running now.

The one below a forum member setup for me. I was running this on my old street glide and was extremely pleased with it. I ran the above map on my Ultra and it was ok but after a few autotunes with the setup below I am very happy with it again on my new bike. The map below feels alot stronger in the cruising rpm range. I'm not sure if it's this map or other factors?
Did you use the basic autotune for this?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Originally Posted by Delta
If I remember correctly, when you marry the PV to your bike it will ask you what slot to save the original calibration to. It is now on your PV. You then connect the PV to your PC and use the WinPV program. Click the PowerVision menu item on the top line of the program, select Get Tune From PV. It should now be opened in the WinPV program. From this point you save it to where ever you want to just like any other file in any other program. Prior to saving the file it might help to set up your folder in the directory tree of your computer. Don't forget to save the file on multiple media.
Thanks for the reply!
From what I read, I got the impression that once you save it to one of the six slots the file gets transferred to a different format. I was hoping to save the original format so I could reflash it if necessary without a trace of the ECM being reflashed.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Delta
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
Thanks for the reply!
From what I read, I got the impression that once you save it to one of the six slots the file gets transferred to a different format. I was hoping to save the original format so I could reflash it if necessary without a trace of the ECM being reflashed.
It does not save it in a different format. It is saved for just the purpose of reflashing to stock. The only time the format is changed is when you save it as a PV file.

But now you've got me thinking. It's been awhile since I did it. It could have been that after you marry the PV to your bike, then you install the software on your PC. As part of the setup process the PV is connected to the PC and the file is copied to your PC. I have searched for how I did this last year but can't find any instructions on it. The file exstention is .stk and WinPv cannot open the file as it can't read it. So it's save that way from changes.

Damn, sorry I can't be of much help

Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Originally Posted by Delta
It does not save it in a different format. It is saved for just the purpose of reflashing to stock. The only time the format is changed is when you save it as a PV file.

But now you've got me thinking. It's been awhile since I did it. It could have been that after you marry the PV to your bike, then you install the software on your PC. As part of the setup process the PV is connected to the PC and the file is copied to your PC. I have searched for how I did this last year but can't find any instructions on it. The file exstention is .stk and WinPv cannot open the file as it can't read it. So it's save that way from changes.

Damn, sorry I can't be of much help
I appreciate you taking the time to try!
If no one else knows for sure then I'll give FuelMoto a call before I do anything just to make sure I don't screw the pooch.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
Thanks for the reply!
When you married your Power Vision it saved a copy of the complete original binary, not just the calibration and tables within a .pvt file. You can restore this original calibration by going to Vehicle Tools>Restore Original Tune. This allows you to fully restore the original file that was in your ECM before you flashed it with Power Vision.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Delta
Road Master

Jamie, I was able to copy my binary file to my PC but don't remember how I did it. I think that was part of the question. Would you explain how to do that? Thanx

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread