Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:29 AM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What am I missing ?

I followed Jamies instructions on page 25 and backed up my stock map in several places. I then did the backup stock map from the custom load
in the ECU. It was saved as an stk file but there it sits.

"then go to Vehicle Tools/Load Tune/Load Copy of Stock which will save it in the tune manager" was followed but it simply loads an stk file back into the ecu and it does not show up in the tune manager list. I even deleted the last entry
of STOCK TUNE as it was not changing and after repeated attempts it remains empty.

I'm looking for the missing tuning entries like Speedo adjust and ACR on/off.

One interesting thing of note though, for the first time I looked at the
actual stock tune file and noticed an update load reflecting my 110 engine
does not appear to have taken place at the time of install. hmmm....

Last edited by hornhonker; 05-02-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hornhonker
I followed Jamies instructions on page 25 and backed up my stock map in several places. I then did the backup stock map from the custom load
in the ECU. It was saved as an stk file but there it sits.

"then go to Vehicle Tools/Load Tune/Load Copy of Stock which will save it in the tune manager" was followed but it simply loads an stk file back into the ecu and it does not show up in the tune manager list. I even deleted the last entry
of STOCK TUNE as it was not changing and after repeated attempts it remains empty.

I'm looking for the missing tuning entries like Speedo adjust and ACR on/off.

One interesting thing of note though, for the first time I looked at the
actual stock tune file and noticed an update load reflecting my 110 engine
does not appear to have taken place at the time of install. hmmm....
I ran into the same problem. I used a copy of the stock tune then copied each table from the FM tune into the stock tune. This worked well for me. Name the file as you see fit and sent it to the PV. I was missing 4 tables before hand, now it is all set.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:53 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
Ok, now I am questioning what I saw.
I still have the original cal loaded in the PV. I will go back to the original tune and review what was happening. I will report back my findings.
iclick,

You were absolutely right, my apologies. I reversed it. I reviewed it today, GPS = 38.5 and Speedo = 40. Stock ppu = 2206 and new cal = 2270. The speedo was reading faster.

Thank you for making me double check, the mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:22 AM
hornhonker
Tourer

I ran into the same problem. I used a copy of the stock tune then copied each table from the FM tune into the stock tune. This worked well for me. Name the file as you see fit and sent it to the PV. I was missing 4 tables before hand, now it is all set.
Thanks for the advise, I'll do that. I'm thinking the page 25 info may be valid
for earlier releases of the PV firmware and now may not be working. A
.STK conversion to standard map tool would be handy.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
JustLoafin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just rode my bike yesterday for the first time after using the PV. I am waiting for the AT-110 to come out and do it up right. The bike hasn't ran this good in a long time (after the EIMTS was installed by dealer it never did run quite right). The only negative was the increased decel popping after the tune install. Nothing serious but noticeable. I'm sure it just needs a little tweaking. Thanks for all the info and help on this thread!!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:06 PM
snowman2010
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PV,FatCat, RSD A/C on board and J&M's amp/Rokker speakers to boot. Whew, pockets empty but impressed on how the bike runs. I have to admit I did not ride the bike at all after stage 1 was done without the PV(even thou some say you don't need a fuel management device on a 2010 with stage 1--Jamie thought differently and I agree) I diid let it idle and a few throttle burp's to hear the new pipes. I had a d-cel pop without the PV installed. I can say this after a 20 mile ride with the PV. It's smooth and has never ran so well. There is no doubt it's smoother and crisp then stock ever was. Is it the addition of stage one that helped? Some I am sure..

My brother ran his with the same upgrades (same year-2010) and no fuel management last year. That bike ran hot and felt different then mine. He did end up buying a SE tuner which helped but still seems not quite right. The right indy and dyno maybe the cure.

I do believe the PV shines so far, it brought my extras all together. Would other tuners do the same? Sure, but PV from FM IMHO comes ready to play and offers some nice features which continue to be new & improved. Time will tell after I get a chance to compare side by side in all areas (performance, MPG, and PV uses )with other bikes.when it finally warms to 45 in MN and more seat time gets in.. Final upgrade will be TW-555's in a month maybe it will be 60 degree by then!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:31 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My Fuel Mileage Report:
I just returned from a weeklong trip to the Mountains. I logged my fuel usage on the way there and back, but not during my stay. Round trip was 1,644 miles. My PV shows 30.16 gallons of fuel used, but my actual fuel used was 39.17 gallons.
I hope they can get this fixed on the next firmware update. I REALLY like this feature on a long road trip. I AM happy that I averaged over 40 mpg for the trip, and the bike totally tore up The Dragon, Cherahola, and BRP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7Ip6VkNWo

Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

at around 1min 18 secs. is that decel pop? cool video!
I think one of your other video you said you were trying different tunes? What did you do just tweek fuel motos tune? I am really curious as what you tweeked etc. I need more time with my bike and the PV tuner. With work and the rain oh and not to forget my loose push rod. LOL

Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

You were absolutely right, my apologies. I reversed it. I reviewed it today, GPS = 38.5 and Speedo = 40. Stock ppu = 2206 and new cal = 2270. The speedo was reading faster.
That's about 4% fast like mine was. I presume that's pretty normal after they quite installing certified speedometers. My '96 RK was marked "Certified Harley-Davidson" and was very accurate, but I think the lawyers took over and those days are over.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Delmar
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the powervision now for a month now and really like the functions it provides. While looking at my map in WinPv under engine displacement, it shows 96.7 cubic inches. This is a map supplied by FM. Bike is 2007 Ultra with high flow A/C, Rinehart true duals and TW-555 cams. Im just curious as to what everyone else has for engine displacement in thier map file for a 96ci motor.

On another note, I just received the 107 top end kit from FM and will be installing it beginning of next week. The map I received from FM shows an engine displacement of 111 cubi inches. Not sure if this is an error or not but curious if there is a reason for this i am not aware of.

Also Does changing just the engine displacement field make any other changes automatically in other fields or are all inputs done manually.

Last edited by Delmar; 05-05-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread