Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

With that info in mind, it appears to me that my HD tune is waaaay leaner, i.e. better MPGs, than the Dynojet tune, with much less power in higher RPMs. Am I reading the tables correctly?
Hey SquidHead, I am not a expert on this stuff, but it is safe to say your HD map is much leaner than the DJ one. Your HD map looks alot leaner than the HD Stage 1 map I used before my Fuel Moto map, is it a pure stock map? I don't know how much power you might gain with the DJ map, but with your mods: Hi flow ac, etc the DJ map should be much better.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

The main cruise area is the same on both.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:37 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
So, I thought I wasn't gonna learn, but I had lots of time on my hands today while the wife and kids played with all their new toys.

I compared my original HD tune Lambda to the PV Tune I downloaded based on Dynojet's recommendation for my setup. As I understand what I've read so far, values closer to 1 (.999) are better for fuel economy and values futher from 1 increase power - stop me here if I'm wrong.

With that info in mind, it appears to me that my HD tune is waaaay leaner, i.e. better MPGs, than the Dynojet tune, with much less power in higher RPMs. Am I reading the tables correctly?

Thanks for helping me with my first steps.
The tables you posted are the AFR (lambda) values. The VE tables are where you will see the REAL difference between two maps.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
txlen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stupid question... If I run a datalog and pull over and stop if I use the start/run switch instead of the Ign switch will I be able to save the log and export it when I turn the Start/Run switch back on as the P/V doesn't go off that way..??? So could I jus pull over and kill the motor with the S/R switch and save it when I turn it back on or should I save it and shut it down with the Ign Sw ??..

Old 12-30-2012, 11:41 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

I have a stupid question... If I run a datalog and pull over and stop if I use the start/run switch instead of the Ign switch will I be able to save the log and export it when I turn the Start/Run switch back on as the P/V doesn't go off that way..??? So could I jus pull over and kill the motor with the S/R switch and save it when I turn it back on or should I save it and shut it down with the Ign Sw ??..
I definetly do not think this is a dumb question, but here is what I think after looking over the autotune process: I do not think you will lose any of your autotune run(s) by turning off the Ignition Switch or the Run/Off switch. You should still be able to use the Autotune info that was automatically saved by using the Export Learned selection. The only way I see to lose your Autotune data is use the Reset Learned selection.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM
txlen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by alansummrs
I definetly do not think this is a dumb question, but here is what I think after looking over the autotune process: I do not think you will lose any of your autotune run(s) by turning off the Ignition Switch or the Run/Off switch. You should still be able to use the Autotune info that was automatically saved by using the Export Learned selection. The only way I see to lose your Autotune data is use the Reset Learned selection.

See...That's EXACTLY what I did..It was sitting there Idling when I stopped at a clear spot after riding a while and had a really good tune map going and I accidently hit the reset learned spot instead of the export button !!..So that sucked big time!!.. I worked hard at hitting almost all the cells ...

Last edited by txlen; 12-31-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM
txlen
Cruiser

Ok .. Here's another question...I made a good auto tune map with jus one or two cells a bit off from the others... And if I highlight just that cell in the VE tables and change it then it throws off all the rest of the numbers in the other cells.. Is that normal ??.. and then I'd have to rework all all the table all over again ?? Thanks... Len

Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Ok .. Here's another question...I made a good auto tune map with jus one or two cells a bit off from the others... And if I highlight just that cell in the VE tables and change it then it throws off all the rest of the numbers in the other cells.. Is that normal ??.. and then I'd have to rework all all the table all over again ?? Thanks... Len
Hey txlen, I saw this question yesterday but I was hoping someone else with more expertise might answer it, but here is what I think: if you only have one or two cells "off a bit" I would not worry about trying to smooth it out. I believe it was Jamie from Fuelmoto that said that it is not uncommon to have some areas of your VE map to be a little irrregular. Plus if you have done several Autotunes over that area in the map you can feel pretty confident in the results, especially if they are not changing too much anymore.
I know Jamie has also said that every cell has an influence on the surrounding cells, so although I have not tried to change my VE map like you have tried, that may the reason you see the surrounding cells change.
Hope this helps some, I am glad to see you are getting to ride in San Antonio, still a bit cold for me in the DFW area.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Double posted somehow.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 01-02-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Double posted
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 PM
tubeman426
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bigger injectors

Im thinking of putting in bigger injectors and a 57mm throttle body on my 107. Can I just increase the injector size in the the map to match the new injectors and then tune with the wideband sensors. Or are there other parameters to consider changing before I start tuning?
Thanks...

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread