Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:39 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
Are you sure the speedo wasn't reading fast compared to the actual speed? When I raised my Speedo Calibration value it slowed the speedo. It was reading 4% fast (e.g. at actual 60mph was showing ~62.5mph). If yours was reading slower than actual it would be very unusual.
No, my speedo was reading slower compared to actual speed. Traveling at 40mph showed about 38.5 on the speedo. Initially I tried going lower first and the problem got worse.

Last edited by CrusingHarley; 04-29-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i finally got my PV.. completed all updates as per instructions but i did get a message saying cannot verify windows logo with PV software or something like that.. i should of written it done.. i clicked "continue anyway".. no problems with update client. i thought software would would be updated prior shipping from FM... i noticed when connection only USB u cannot access or tune on the PCV to see menu functions... going to be a month or so before i complete my mods so i can flash my ECM. hope weather is nice this weekend.. still waiting for my first ride...

BTW - i noticed one of the rear brass inserts was not tapped so i couldnt install screw... Jamie - what is the thread size so i can tap it and have all 4 screw holding my RAM mount.. should i use blu loctite on the screws also ?

going to try to download stock program so i can get familiar with the PV.. just looking at the PV window program, it dont have RPM limit option like the PCV did.. i assume it has to be done on the PV unit while on bike... manual on CD and dynojet site is very limited and this thread is a great help... many thanks to u all and ICLICK of course.
ride safe.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
etitanic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
i thought software would would be updated prior shipping from FM...
These updates are happening quite frequently. I just updated with a new one last night.

going to try to download stock program so i can get familiar with the PV.. just looking at the PV window program, it dont have RPM limit option like the PCV did.. i assume it has to be done on the PV unit while on bike... manual on CD and dynojet site is very limited and this thread is a great help... many thanks to u all and ICLICK of course.
ride safe.
I had the same questions for FM as well. Check the reponses a few pages back https://www.hdforums.com/forum/8172080-post266.html

Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

...just looking at the PV window program, it dont have RPM limit option like the PCV did... i assume it has to be done on the PV unit while on bike...
On mine it's in the Limits and Switches > RPM Limit section. It should show-up with or without the PV connected.

BTW, you shouldn't need Loctite on the PV screws, and I wouldn't use it anywhere near any plastic items unless necessary, as it can cause some types to crack.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:12 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by etitanic
ride safe.
Earlier back in the thread, Jamie gives the procedure on how to do this. I think around page 24-25. This procedure did not work for me. I ended up uploading my stock configuration, then copy and paste the tables from Jamie's tune into the stock tune. I had a total of 4 tables that were not visible in the FM tune. Don't forget to make sure you have a backup of the stock tune before doing this.

Last edited by CrusingHarley; 04-30-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 AM
dropone
Supporter

The CAN cable and J1850 splitter, both needed to feed the AT-100 data to the PV, are supposed to be ready for shipment at any time. As of yesterday Jamie hadn't gotten any in but he said he would let me know when they arrive. The AT-100 Pro kit and the official-release of the PVTune software should be ready at the same time, which is only a presumption on my part. PVTune is in beta now, but AFAIK only DJ and Jamie are testing it. Jamie is giving glowing reports on it as an effective tuning tool.

The cables can be fabricated, but I haven't been inclined to do that, as I don't want to hack on my existing wiring unless required. Besides that I already have a tune created by the AT-100 when it was on the PCV, so I don't think I'm going to benefit much from it in the short run--so I'm in no hurry. But if you have AT that you were using with the PCV like I do and you're hot-to-trot to get it working, you can extend the CAN cable that goes from the AT to PCV using four wires from a CAT5 cable. The problem with this is that you'll also need the software, which is still in beta and hasn't been released yet AFAIK. The J1850 connector only feeds 12V and ground to the AT-100, so you can splice red (12V) and black (ground) on the J1850 and you're done.
Thanks.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
No, my speedo was reading slower compared to actual speed. Traveling at 40mph showed about 38.5 on the speedo. Initially I tried going lower first and the problem got worse.
That's really weird. Mine was fast and going higher on the value made it read slower, but it's an '07 (non-TBW) and that might have something to do with it. I've never heard of a Harley speedometer read slow, however, unless sprockets or tire-size had been changed.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Dustball
Road Master

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
The PV MPG on this tank was 28% higher than actual.
My observations are in the 20%-30% high range as well.

-Dusty

Old 05-01-2011, 05:31 PM
etitanic
Advanced

iclick mine was much like yours. Stock PPU (pulse per unit) was 2140, my speedo would read 103 kph while GPS was 100 kph so I increase my PPU by 3%. Got out today to finally go for a good ride and things were bang on. Mine is a 2009 TBW. Now just need to figure out the milage feature.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser

That's really weird. Mine was fast and going higher on the value made it read slower, but it's an '07 (non-TBW) and that might have something to do with it. I've never heard of a Harley speedometer read slow, however, unless sprockets or tire-size had been changed.
Originally Posted by etitanic
iclick mine was much like yours. Stock PPU (pulse per unit) was 2140, my speedo would read 103 kph while GPS was 100 kph so I increase my PPU by 3%. Got out today to finally go for a good ride and things were bang on. Mine is a 2009 TBW. Now just need to figure out the milage feature.

Ok, now I am questioning what I saw.
I still have the original cal loaded in the PV. I will go back to the original tune and review what was happening. I will report back my findings.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread