Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 PM
switzead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smileman
I do understand your point, however...

First off, what the MOCO does or doesn't for it's product do is irrelevant in regards to the Power Vision.

I'm specifically referring to Autotune, which is billed by the company as an automated tuning feature. And what I'm asking for is a coherent users guide for the product. I buy a TV, a computer, printer, even my Harley, and they all come with an owners manual that takes you step by step through set up and use. For a $500 product, in my opinion, that's not an unreasonable request.

Anyone from Dynojet or Fuel Moto care to chime in??
I apologize. I did not mean to come off as a a$$ and did not realize that Dynojet had removed the AutoTune Quick Guide from their website. Dynojet did have a set of instructions for the auto-tune and I do not see them on their website anymore. I have uploaded them and you can get them at the link below. Again the WinPV instructions are very detailed and along with the instructions I posted provide a very good set of instructions. But as far as teaching a person to "TUNE" I do not think it is in Dynojets best interest to do this. I read these documents and the TTS documents posted above and every single one of these threads to understand what I was doing and I stil dont proclaim to be an expert tuner. I do though have a very good understanding of all the parameters available and how to make the changes needed to affect my bike positively or negativley sometimes.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~aswitzer...structions.doc

Old 10-28-2012, 01:46 PM
switzead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
Remind me not to buy one of your Turbines. A better example would be a CNC machine. The company sends a field rep who spends time with the company to help them understand how to use the machine.

You shouldn't have to spend hour after hour searching the internet to try to get instructions how to operate the Power Vision. It should come with complete instructions on how to operate it. I have already seen conflicting info on the Internet.
A CNC machine is nowhere close to the complexity of the EFI system of the Harley and cant even touch the controls system of an $8M dollar turbine.

Harley will teach you how to ride the bike and maintain and even repair the bike but they arent going to certify you as a tuner. Their are college and tech courses availbale to become a tuner.

And I dont expect to buy an $8M turbine from me either, but if you do, we will teach you how to maintain and OPERATE it but never teach you the trade secrets that we sell at a premium.

There is a big difference between operating a piece of equipment and being able to manipulate the equipment from behind the scenes. The cable company will give you an operator manual for the cable box, but they arent going to teach you how to rewire it to obtain free HBO (if thats even possible).

Old 10-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by switzead
I apologize. I did not mean to come off as a a$$ and did not realize that Dynojet had removed the AutoTune Quick Guide from their website. Dynojet did have a set of instructions for the auto-tune and I do not see them on their website anymore. I have uploaded them and you can get them at the link below. Again the WinPV instructions are very detailed and along with the instructions I posted provide a very good set of instructions. But as far as teaching a person to "TUNE" I do not think it is in Dynojets best interest to do this. I read these documents and the TTS documents posted above and every single one of these threads to understand what I was doing and I stil dont proclaim to be an expert tuner. I do though have a very good understanding of all the parameters available and how to make the changes needed to affect my bike positively or negativley sometimes.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~aswitzer...structions.doc
No need to apologize! You did not come off as an a$$ at all. And thank you for the link, it was most helpful.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lokko21
Hi guys I have a question maybe already answered but here I go..
Do I need this or I'm fine just with a Download cuz I'm really considering buying the PV but if I don't need to I will save some bucks.
The dealer "download" does very little, mostly some minor changes to spark advance for most year models. IMO it isn't worth the $150 (or whatever) the dealer wants to change you for this quick and simple operation, which is a matter of connecting the ECM to a computer and flashing the new tune.

For an additional $150 you could buy a PCV, which is a real tuner and will be loaded with a good tune if you buy from Fuel Moto. What's more you will be able to alter the tune should you decide to make further upgrades in the future. The PV is ~$500 and unless you plan on taking advantage of its extensive tuning features you would be better off going with a PCV or just leaving it alone. If you don't do anything except add the hardware you've listed you won't have an optimal tune but the bike will run fine from idle into the cruise range, and IMO there won't be any danger of operating it in this way. I wouldn't do it and would recommend that you buy a tuner of some sort, and the PCV and PV should be on your short list.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 AM
JeffJA
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Lots of great info here!
Thanks

Last edited by JeffJA; 10-29-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Smileman
Dear Fuel Moto and Dynojet,

I recently purchased pipes, ac and PV from Fuel Moto. The service was prompt, and all parts arrived quickly and were well packed. I installed all equipment and flashed the pre loaded tune you sent without any problems at all.

Here's the thing.....there is absolutely no information provided on the auto tune process, and I was forced to scour the forums for information. While I realize this is a new feature, it would be appropriate, in my opinion, to provide the customer with step by step instructions. For example, I shouldn't have to rely on internet posts to try and figure out if I should press YES or NO when asked if I want to reset trims. Furthermore, I have no clue as to how I should ride, and for how long when I am in auto tune mode. Around the block? On the highway? Both? 15 minutes? Who knows, because there are no instructions.

So with all due respect to your fine companies, please place a video tutorial on your website and include written, step by step instructions for those of us who are looking to use the PV to its fullest but are not professional tuners (aka noobs.)

Thank you in advance for your kind attention!
Fuel Moto and Dynojet are both working on tuning guides, manuals, and videos. We hope to have our stuff finished up in the not so distant future. We also have a totally new "enhanced" Fuel Moto website that is expected to launch the last week of November. We do have some additional info and instructions, if you would like us to email them to you send an email to jamie@fuelmotousa.com we are also here to full support Power Vision with any questions or tech support, you are welcome to contact us at 877-729-4754

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Fuel Moto and Dynojet are both working on tuning guides, manuals, and videos. We hope to have our stuff finished up in the not so distant future. We also have a totally new "enhanced" Fuel Moto website that is expected to launch the last week of November. We do have some additional info and instructions, if you would like us to email them to you send an email to jamie@fuelmotousa.com we are also here to full support Power Vision with any questions or tech support, you are welcome to contact us at 877-729-4754

Thank you very much for the quick response. I have been very pleased with the high level of customer service from Fuel Moto and would be happy to recommend your company to my friends. I look forward to the updated info!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM
JeffJA
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i can sure use some additional info and instructions!!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM
harleycat225
Cruiser

New firmware on Dynojet's web site today. Version 1197

Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycat225
New firmware on Dynojet's web site today. Version 1197
Did they document the changes anywhere? The readme doc seems to be for 1190.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread