Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:44 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Can the speedo be recalibrated with this unit?

Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
Can the speedo be recalibrated with this unit?
I believe so, My strategy (9) has it under Gear / Speedometer Calibration.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:14 PM
sir fig
6th Gear
Thumbs up Dynojet and FuelMoto, p0134 and P0154

Just an update on my small issue with Power Vision with Autotune. I was having trouble with MIL coming on with P0134 and P0154 codes setting with each drive cycle. (see previous posts) Evidently the bike was going into closed loop and seeing the missing factory O2 sensors even with AFRs below 14.6 and "closed loop" off. FuelMoto and Dynojet continued, almost hourly, to try to remedy my issue by sending new "tunes" and having me change parameters on the tunes.

Yesterday I received a modified tune from Dynojet. Problem taken care of. No codes. When you disable "Closed Loop" in my bike, it does not turn off the closed loop. What they did was to set the "minimum closed loop operating temp" so high that the ECM does not even look at closed loop until 462 degrees. "Critical mass".. The new tune also has a bunch of other changes to eliminate a lot of the adaptive control "garbage in garbage out."
Should I decide to reinstall the factory O2 sensors and run closed loop all I have to do is change the "temperature" parameters. I doubt that I will ever go back to closed loop. The bike runs to good to change anything.

Today, after a 200 mile trip in the Ga. Mountains, the bike has NEVER run better. Not even a poot with the 4000 ft altitude changes and temp going from 45 degrees to 80 degrees. Even in stop and go traffic for 3 miles with head temps close to 320 degrees. Perfect performance.

I even recalibrated my speedo to +or-1 mph of my gps. (assuming the gps is accurate)

Thanks Dynojet for a great product and great customer service. Thanks FuelMoto for great customer service.

Again, FuelMoto and Dynojet are setting the bar for customer service. They actually worked together. Like people USED TO. These are some great people to work with. They really care.

No, I am not employed by either company, just giving credit where credit is due.

Thanks again,

Bill

Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Teche
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Delta
That's great! Just wondering if the sensor was covered by the factory warranty?
Sorry Delta, I have been slacking with this thread. No I am pretty sure it was my fault, so I did not press any warranty fixes. I am still having crazy decel popping. I have since replaced the exhaust gaskets to eliminate leaks as the problem. Dynojet has been very helpful and has sent me a few maps using my AT results+their fixes trying to fix the popping. Still no luck though. I dont mind it, I just want to make sure its not hurting anything. Im getting like 30 to 31 MPG now, so that has gone down. Probably all that extra fuel from the popping. I am still not comfortable enough to tweak anything myself. I keep comparing the maps that dynojet sends just to see what they are tweaking to try and learn.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:40 AM
bohica48
Cruiser

Originally Posted by switzead
After running the log tune and importing into the PVV. What do the numbers in the Spark Knock Front and Rear actually telling me. For example does a 1 in the cell mean there was 1 degree of retard in that range or 1 sec/min of 8 degree retard in that range? The tune process does not change the spark tables, maybe thats because my numbers are so small, but I am not sure. AND I am thinking you need to go into the spark table and remove some timing in these areas to stop the knock but I am unsure how much, mainly based on the fact that I dont know what the numbers actually mean.

I'm pushing this forward as I am interested in the answer as well. If someone could share their knowledge it would certainly help others struggling with this timing issue..... Thanks.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:16 PM
William The Red
Advanced
Default Pe air fuel ratio

Need some help here all of my maps show 00 all the way down in the PE. I don't know if I screw this up when we had to go in and reset items in the tune for log runs. I got rid of all of my old maps when I started useing auto tune. I am running stock o2 and my mod are just stage 1.
Thanks Bill ps I will F/M if I need a new starter map.

Last edited by William The Red; 10-14-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM
JeffJA
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When mounted on the bike, can the unit be turned off?...i hit/hold the power button but nothing happens

Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 PM
switzead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by William The Red
Need some help here all of my maps show 00 all the way down in the PE. I don't know if I screw this up when we had to go in and reset items in the tune for log runs. I got rid of all of my old maps when I started useing auto tune. I am running stock o2 and my mod are just stage 1.
Thanks Bill ps I will F/M if I need a new starter map.
This is my PE table. It is unchanged between the stock map and the map that Fuel Moto provided. I cant imagine that this table is going to be changed much. Anyways, this is a good starting point.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:32 PM
switzead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JeffJA
When mounted on the bike, can the unit be turned off?...i hit/hold the power button but nothing happens
The little red button is not an On/Off switch and the only way to turn it off is to unplug it.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:34 PM
JeffJA
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well thats weird, what is that "button" then?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread