Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
switzead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shakyb eg
Its been to weeks since I got my power vision from fuel motto. Good customer service will definately be doing business over the winter. I am getting a gas smell when riding alot, also sometimes when sitting at the light it will stall when taking off and my gas milage has dropped considerably. The power delivery is good through the rpm range I have an 06 ultra with fm ac and stock pipes with the baffles removed. Any ideas why when i loaded the tune should I have reset the trims on the pv controller? Trying to fix the issue if I can before bugging fm when it might be something simple. Thanks in advance for any help given.
I typically reset the trims on every load unless I change something simple like idle RPMs. The trims will re-learn pretty quick. Your tune sounds a little rich. That's why your getting the fumes and the reduced mileage. I'm no expert by any means but if you want to send me your PVT file I will take a look and make some recommendations. I have spent the last 6 months reading everything I can find on tuning and working with multiple bikes as well.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:55 PM
JeffJA
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

we can change the idle on the bike with the PV??

Old 10-12-2012, 08:18 PM
switzead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JeffJA
we can change the idle on the bike with the PV??
And much much more. There is an idle rpm table under the airflow tab in WinPV. My idle is set at 950. Don't go any lower than 900 as the oil pressure may not be sufficient. For this reason I don't like to go lower than 950 because it swings plus or minus 50 consistently. A lot of guys run 925 to 975 though. See what your bike likes.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

question last time i used the powervision i used the beta TO AUTOTUNE, did they come out with this feature for the entire public yet? because i have yet to update the firmware on it

Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by gant
question last time i used the powervision i used the beta TO AUTOTUNE, did they come out with this feature for the entire public yet? because i have yet to update the firmware on it

Yes plug in and run update client as normal.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 PM
JeffJA
Road Warrior

so, to lower the idel, i can't do it while the PV is on the bike, i have to hook it to the PC fist? mine idel's at about 1100-1200

Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 PM
switzead
Cruiser

so, to lower the idel, i can't do it while the PV is on the bike, i have to hook it to the PC fist? mine idel's at about 1100-1200
Yes you can adjust it from the PV. If you have the latest firmware you can adjust the idle rpm adder under program vehicle - quick tune. Just adjust it negatively. Or as you mentioned plug it into the PC and change the idle in WinPV.

Last edited by switzead; 10-12-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 PM
JeffJA
Road Warrior

cool, i do have the newset update, ive already updated a map with the new AT, i'll have to check that out tomorrow, will i have to reflash the tune or just mod the one thats already loaded?...sorry for all the questions, but im pretty new to this stuff.
wait...not sure i have that "qucik tune" option?..when did that firmware come out?...i updated my PV a few weeks ago.

Last edited by JeffJA; 10-12-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 PM
switzead
Cruiser

cool, i do have the newset update, ive already updated a map with the new AT, i'll have to check that out tomorrow, will i have to reflash the tune or just mod the one thats already loaded?...sorry for all the questions, but im pretty new to this stuff.
wait...not sure i have that "qucik tune" option?..when did that firmware come out?...i updated my PV a few weeks ago.
I haven't tried it yet but I think it changes the tune loaded in the ECM.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 PM
JeffJA
Road Warrior

got it figured out now, just had to updated my PV, i now have the "quick tune" option...thanks!
this thing is a freakin BLAST!

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread