Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:23 PM
henrybennett
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Delta
From the Autotune screen, select Settings and tell me what the values are.
I don't have my PV at home. I think my values are:

Min Hit Count (5 ticks)
Min VE Learn 0.1%
Max VE Learn 15%
Max Spark Learn 0%
Min Engine Temp 165

Or you could try changing the settings to Reset all to Defaults.

Rerun the PV Update Client and select all files that are different to update.

As a last ditch effort you could remove the WinPV completely from your computer and reload the program from scratch.d

I don't know what else to tell you as I seem to have come to the end of what I think I know. It might be tech support time for you. Sorry.

I'll give that a go. Many thanks for your help.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Teche
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bohica48
Can't you just swap them at the electrical connection without removing the 02 sensor themselves?
I'll look but that front one is only about 12" long ty fo the suggestion.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Teche
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I road for a little over 2 hours total today, made sure it was trying to log at every stop, still had that same open loop on the front sensor. Checked 2 dealers for in stock replacement with no joy, I have a 3rd dealer to check tomorrow before I order one.

I have a question though, I know dynojet sells a kit for the wide band sensors, but can I buy some aftermarket 18mm ones and use the proved 18mm mounting holes in the pipes? I now I would have to un-wire the stock, and eventually plug them V&H provided plugs for the stock holes too. Anyway just a thought, I have no clue about this stuff.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts
Default "Tune In To Fuel Moto" $150.00 Tuner trade in promotion

"Tune In To Fuel Moto" and get $150.00 trade in for your current EFI Tuner when you upgrade to Dynojet Power Vision, this includes all Delphi Injected HD models. For more info you can visit www.fuelmotousa.com/tunein.htm

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Kenjr
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Firmware

I may be doing something wrong but has anyone else tried to down load the latest firmware from DJ site and it turned out to be Power Commander V instead?
Thanks

Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenjr
I may be doing something wrong but has anyone else tried to down load the latest firmware from DJ site and it turned out to be Power Commander V instead?
Thanks
You will update the Power Vision firmware directly thru the update client. On your computer connect your PV unit and go to Computer> Local Drive C:>Program Files>Power Vision>Update Client

Old 10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Just learning the AutoTune system and wondered what mode folks are finding is best to use on the green autotune screen. Did a couple of 15 min runs with the hit counter on. Trying to see if I can tell if anything is changing without going all the way to WinPV and compare tune files. Maybe there is an easier way and I just am too new to know where it is. I'm starting with one of FM supplied maps for my Stage 1. Finding its a bit hard to hit some of the higher RPM and throttle areas on a 60 mph state highway.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Got my PV mounted, flashed and hooked up to my '08 FLHX. I pretty much get all the Autotune steps. My question is, once you go to apply the corrections some where along the way it asks if you want to reset learned trims. I have been selecting yes, is this correct? Just for info, I'm using the Pro method with the Autotune module and wide band sensors. I thought my bike ran good with the PCV and Autotune, boy was I wrong. The Power Vision is really making a difference.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
tubeman426
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Q
Got my PV mounted, flashed and hooked up to my '08 FLHX. I pretty much get all the Autotune steps. My question is, once you go to apply the corrections some where along the way it asks if you want to reset learned trims. I have been selecting yes, is this correct? Just for info, I'm using the Pro method with the Autotune module and wide band sensors. I thought my bike ran good with the PCV and Autotune, boy was I wrong. The Power Vision is really making a difference.
Yes you want to reset learned trims.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by tubeman426
Yes you want to reset learned trims.
Thanks, I kind of figured such, but had to ask.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread