Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:47 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After taking another stab at it, the Auto logging option is less complicated than I anticipated.
- Start bike
- Select the logging option you want
- Return to the gauges of your choice
- Select Start Log

Previously, I assumed that if I Start Log in a given gauge screen, it would just log the values I was monitoring. That is not the case and it subsequently created the *.csv file that it should have, and I could process that through Log Tuner like before. In my collections today, I was starting my spark tuning and it worked as expected.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:55 PM
henrybennett
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Help please.

Why, when I'm in the green auto tune screen, do I get NBF: 0 NBR: 0 & then occasionally MAP L?

Is the map locked even though in WinPV the box that says 'locked' is not checked?

Thanks

Old 09-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

ColospgsMark. Thanks for taking the time to come back in here and update I was watching. I dont have a chance to get out and ride until wed, thurs.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by henrybennett
Help please.

Why, when I'm in the green auto tune screen, do I get NBF: 0 NBR: 0 & then occasionally MAP L?

Is the map locked even though in WinPV the box that says 'locked' is not checked?

Thanks
You will occasionally see abbreviated messages while autotuning. The NBF O and NBR O means that the narrow band O2 sensor is in open loop at that moment. The MAP L means that the manifold air pressure is in the low region of the chart and data is not being recorded. All is perfectly normal. The map is not locked.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Delta
Road Master

For those that do not have any docs to go with the new autotune, here is a link to the 9/18/12 beta documentation that explains how to use the program and many warning/info messages you might see on the green screen. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...MaRd7nSSiACVTM

Old 09-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Teche
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Delta
You will occasionally see abbreviated messages while autotuning. The NBF O and NBR O means that the narrow band O2 sensor is in open loop at that moment. The MAP L means that the manifold air pressure is in the low region of the chart and data is not being recorded. All is perfectly normal. The map is not locked.
My PV will never leave the NBF:O mode, no cells get populated. Is it possible my Front o2 is bad? I have ridden for 20-30 mins with no change. Thanks

Edit: This is on a 2012 Night Rod Special with V&H 2 into 1 comp. I have tried old maps that match that set up as well as the provided 2012 maps which are "Improved Stock" and "Tab Slip ons" No change.

Shawn

Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 AM
henrybennett
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Delta. It baffles me tho that the autotune doesn't appear to make any changes to the map. I've imported the original & autotune maps into WinPV and the compare facility shows no change. Surely a map can't be perfect, even if it was set up on a dyno?

Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 AM
Delta
Road Master

Originally Posted by Teche
My PV will never leave the NBF:O mode, no cells get populated. Is it possible my Front o2 is bad? I have ridden for 20-30 mins with no change. Thanks

Shawn
1. Recheck the connections of the O2 sensor

2. Swap O2 sensors around. If the rear stays open now, contact DJ

Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Teche
3rd Gear

1. Recheck the connections of the O2 sensor

2. Swap O2 sensors around. If the rear stays open now, contact DJ
Thanks, ya I thought about swapping them, hard to reach that front one though so I was holding off as long as I could. Guess Ill give it a try wile the bike is cool.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 AM
LetItRide
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by henrybennett
Thanks Delta. It baffles me tho that the autotune doesn't appear to make any changes to the map. I've imported the original & autotune maps into WinPV and the compare facility shows no change. Surely a map can't be perfect, even if it was set up on a dyno?
Yeah - this is puzzling. I exported my auto-tuned changes to a new tune slot - imported both the original tune I started with - and my auto-tuned exported one - and they both seem identical.

Must be missing a step...

Jim

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread