Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had a couple of datalog runs that didn't take... very annoying!

Once I forgot to start logging, once I forgot to stop it before I turned the bike off, and one time the PV bounced around in my saddlebag, and turned itself off (from logging).

Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 148 Likes on 88 Posts

I had a pretty good map from FuelMoto to start with and ran 1 autotune run in the area I do most of my rides and it came out perfect for me. I was shocked. It was the first autotune I ever did and it was perfect. No more decel popping, easier hot starts, good low end torque. I think I need to leave it alone.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Udawg
I had a pretty good map from FuelMoto to start with and ran 1 autotune run in the area I do most of my rides and it came out perfect for me. I was shocked. It was the first autotune I ever did and it was perfect. No more decel popping, easier hot starts, good low end torque. I think I need to leave it alone.
Awesome! That is my hope as well. The fuel moto tune I have is excellent but I think it could be a bit better.

Can't wait to do this the right way tomorrow

Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would like to see some AFR tables, Spark tables, VE tables front and Rear cylinders for comparison with a 103" from HD with SE heavy breather and V&H Power duals and slip ons. I VE tables changed big time when i tried Beta Basic tune and many cells where red in color.. wondering if i am doing something incorrect. I tried to Data Log the old way prior the beta upgrade and seems i cant get hits on all the signals I added like before when i try to view data log file in Excel.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:05 PM
henrybennett
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Good day from London, England.

I had a PV installed by DynoJet UK a few weeks ago at a HOG rally. They gave me two hours dyno time & a custom map. Performance is great but when the bike is hot it cuts out on idle.

I've been ploughing through this thread & have got to page 172 & can't see an answer to my problem so will ask for advice on how I resolve this. Do I use the "idle trim" button?

Thanks for any help.

Henry

Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I have never lost data by not stopping pv before turning off bike.

Originally Posted by Matt990724
I have had a couple of datalog runs that didn't take... very annoying!

Once I forgot to start logging, once I forgot to stop it before I turned the bike off, and one time the PV bounced around in my saddlebag, and turned itself off (from logging).

Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM
bohica48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by henrybennett
Good day from London, England.

I had a PV installed by DynoJet UK a few weeks ago at a HOG rally. They gave me two hours dyno time & a custom map. Performance is great but when the bike is hot it cuts out on idle.

I've been ploughing through this thread & have got to page 172 & can't see an answer to my problem so will ask for advice on how I resolve this. Do I use the "idle trim" button?

Thanks for any help.

Henry

What is your AFR at idle, you could be a little lean and you may have to increase your AFR.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New auto tune section needed?

Just a thought.....I wonder if it's time for a sticky devoted for only the auto tune is needed. New users coming on board would find it easier to edcuate themselves by not having to search through all these informative pages.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
Just a thought.....I wonder if it's time for a sticky devoted for only the auto tune is needed. New users coming on board would find it easier to edcuate themselves by not having to search through all these informative pages.
Excellent idea! +1

Old 08-23-2012, 11:54 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Excellent idea! +1
amen. +2

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread