Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 06:08 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrushoe
Hi Delta, I think there was a glitch in the beta software on the spark tuning because Dan sent me a new version on Wednesday(1164) saying this should fix it. I have not tried to use the spark tuning yet because I'm still trying to get my ve's right.
Anyone else see the updated beta yet?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Hesitation isn't something I would expect from a Fuel Moto tune nor any tune that is anything but way off. For example, my bike has had a Stage 1 and a cam upgrade and when I install my stock tune the bike runs fine with no hesitation, yet that tune isn't even close to optimal.

Well, you can't find hesitation by looking at any table, IMO. That is unless you do something idiotic (like I did once) by applying no fuel to one area of the tune by accident. That'll cause hesitation every time.

Anyway, if you install the FM tune and do some datalog runs you could likely locate the cause. Have you done that yet? You say it is between 1800-2800, which is a pretty broad range, so does it hesitate any time the bike is in this range or just sporadically? How much throttle are you applying when this happens?

If you want to diagnose this, do a datalog run and send your original FM tune and the log files to one of us. You'll have to use email outside this forum since they don't allow attachments other than image files.
Thanks for the offer, I will try to get a couple of runs done today.

As for the hesitation, it is every time. I found a different tune that is working... but the "tweaker" in me, wants to understand what went wrong the first time, so that I can better understand both my bike and the PV tool.

M

Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, I'm slowing getting the hang of things.

My question for the resident experts, is how do I add items (VE etc.) to the "Tune Items" list?

I only have a very few items listed under each category on the "Tune Items" list.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:30 AM
jbrushoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
Ok, I'm slowing getting the hang of things.

My question for the resident experts, is how do I add items (VE etc.) to the "Tune Items" list?

I only have a very few items listed under each category on the "Tune Items" list.
In winpv go to setup,options,user level and in the drop down select pro.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:18 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jbrushoe
In winpv go to setup,options,user level and in the drop down select pro.
Great, thanks.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Basic tuning with Log Tuner

When I select "Calc Tune" to a Log File I get this error. Any thoughts one what the problem is and how to correct?

Name:  IMG_4334.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  251.3 KB

I'm not using Auto tune w/ the WB sensors at this time so I'm not sure where to get this info.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
spelk3
Club Member

Under Options select "Use H-D o2 sensors for corrections." and un-select "Use Auto Tune for corrections."

Also make sure you have the five items in your .pvv file: AFR, front VE, rear VE, front Spark and rear Spark.

Steve

Originally Posted by dgdamore
When I select "Calc Tune" to a Log File I get this error. Any thoughts one what the problem is and how to correct?

I'm not using Auto tune w/ the WB sensors at this time so I'm not sure where to get this info.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Use the compare n winpv. It will show whats different between tunesn

Originally Posted by Matt990724
Thanks for the offer, I will try to get a couple of runs done today.

As for the hesitation, it is every time. I found a different tune that is working... but the "tweaker" in me, wants to understand what went wrong the first time, so that I can better understand both my bike and the PV tool.

M

Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Well today I tried the auto tuner basic for the first time.

I went out on a 35 minute ride with auto tune on. got home and turned auto tune off ad then re-flashed my ECM with the stored auto tune.

to my surprise, the data from the tune looks exactly like the one that Jamie sent me when I purchased the device.

Now I'm not sure if i did something wrong, or if it's just tuned properly

Old 08-21-2012, 10:55 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMCsteve
Well today I tried the auto tuner basic for the first time.

I went out on a 35 minute ride with auto tune on. got home and turned auto tune off ad then re-flashed my ECM with the stored auto tune.

to my surprise, the data from the tune looks exactly like the one that Jamie sent me when I purchased the device.

Now I'm not sure if i did something wrong, or if it's just tuned properly
It should change the VE's & not the spark unless you turned that on. Did you save learned to a new slot then reflash the new tune??

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread