Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Hope you guys don't mind if I jump in here for a quick question...
I have a '12 883 Iron that I will be upgrading to a 1200 with the SE Kit.
With the PowerVision I understand that when connected it marries itself to the ECM
and Downloads the Bikes information, so will I be able to select and load one of the
1200 maps with it thinking it is connected to a 883? or will I even be able to see any other maps that are not for a 883????

Thanks
Barry

Old 08-10-2012, 05:42 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
No, you aren't alone. I just checked some tunes I have here to add to the list:

2006 FLH-Strat 141 (Jbrushoe): No
2007 FLH-Strat 159: Yes (27 and 85 KPA present)
2007 FLH-Strat 176 (mine): Yes
2008 FLH-Strat 205: No
2008 FLH-Strat 205: No
2010 FLH-Strat not shown: No
2010 WG-Strat 176 (MMXIWG): Yes

The common variables here are that all non-TBW with O2 sensors have the extra columns.
Here is another afr table from another one of my tunes with a 25kpa column.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-image2.jpg  
Old 08-10-2012, 05:58 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by barrygreen
With the PowerVision I understand that when connected it marries itself to the ECM
and Downloads the Bikes information, so will I be able to select and load one of the
1200 maps with it thinking it is connected to a 883? or will I even be able to see any other maps that are not for a 883????

Thanks
Barry
Do you have the power vision? If not I would contact Jamie at Fuel Moto & tell him everything done to your bike and he will get a tune thats pretty close for you. The nice thing about the pv is you flash the tune to the ecm
& the software (win pv) you can change just about any parameter you want. The auto tune feature is the bomb!! What it does is saves a copy of the original tune automatically.

Last edited by jbrushoe; 08-10-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:17 PM
cbrown@woods.net
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jbrushoe
As I understood it, AFR systems and Lambda systems have a slightly different grid.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:18 PM
cbrown@woods.net
Intermediate

Thanks
Barry
883, 1200 PV does not care or know. It marries to the ECM serial #.

You can load any tune compatible with the bike. That does not mean any tune you can load will work, just that you could load any of the right "type" (AFR v.s. Lambda, etc).

Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Do you have the power vision? If not I would contact Jamie at Fuel Moto & tell him everything done to your bike and he will get a tune thats pretty close for you. The nice thing about the pv is you flash the tune to the ecm
& the software (win pv) you can change just about any parameter you want. The auto tune feature is the bomb!! What it does is saves a copy of the original tune automatically.
No I don't have one yet, Jamie is in Sturgis and his counterpart could not answer my question.
I just need to be able to tell the ECM the engine is a 1200 after the upgrade. It would be a hassle to take the bike to the dealer for a "flash" so I'm looking for another route.
I guess I could download a map for a 1200 and install it with the PV ??? Just wanted to know if I could see a 1200 map option after it is married to a 883.
My last bike had a SERT, I'm just not familiar with the PV but it looks like a great tuner.

Thanks
Barry

Old 08-10-2012, 07:53 PM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my ve tables very close. Now ive started on my timing. I added 3* of timing except in the 100 column and 750-1500 rpm and 0-50 kpa. On my first run there was a few spots where I got a little knock detected, mainly at about 4k. My question is, are you guys letting log tuner tune it back, or are you going through and pulling timing manually. And, if you are removing it manually, how are you going about it?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:46 PM
newmission
Intermediate

Alright gentlemen, Here's a bit of an intro and question. My name is Justin. I just bought a 2012 Slim with the new CAN H-D system to of course I was given the PV-2 for it. I have a Big Sucker A/C, and Rush 2" slip-ons.

Here's the Q:

The tune I received from Fuel Moto gave me some strange cam noise I'd say, and I still had noticeable decel pop around 1st-2nd gear 0% TP. I downloaded the map from Dynojet that best fit my bike, and it sounds a bit better with not as much decel pop.

The things is, the two VE tables are DRASTICALLY different! How does one know which to stick with to begin adjusting AFR tables?

On a side note: With NB O2 sensors, will BETA Autotune calculate the remainder of the VE or AFR tables for "tuning"? Or will there be a "gap" from where the NB O2 sensors leave off? I don't think I've read about that being an issue yet.

Thanks!!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:10 PM
JeffKill
Tourer

No I don't have one yet, Jamie is in Sturgis and his counterpart could not answer my question.
I just need to be able to tell the ECM the engine is a 1200 after the upgrade. It would be a hassle to take the bike to the dealer for a "flash" so I'm looking for another route.
I guess I could download a map for a 1200 and install it with the PV ??? Just wanted to know if I could see a 1200 map option after it is married to a 883.
My last bike had a SERT, I'm just not familiar with the PV but it looks like a great tuner.

Thanks
Barry
Pretty sure when you hook the pv up to your 883 it's going to bring up tunes for an 883 cause your ECM will still show that it's an 883. I'd imagine that if you downloaded a tune for a 1200 from dynojet's website with a similar set up to your bike (pipes & ac), that it should be pretty close, or at least a good starting point to do some auto tuning with.

If you get the pv from fuel moto, Im sure he'd be able to preload it with a tune made for your set up though.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Thanks
Barry
Yes you can flash a 1200 map after its married to the ECM. Basically you can flash a map that is close to your setup and make some tuning runs to perfect it. This tuner is getting better all the time with new updates!!It doesn't matter if its 883 or 1200 you can set the parameters you want in the software.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread