Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 AM
jbrushoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
And remember, this is BETA software, report issues to DynoJet at PVtech@dynojet.com so they can fix them. Thanks
Yes and I have to say that Dan at Dynojet has been great!! We had some major issues with my 141 strat. but the new 1159 beta cured it. I have to say I don't think that guy sleeps much hell he emailed me last night at about 11PM to tell me he is looking into the update tune using pv in the win pv software. I know that I have had a problem & I think Delta has had the same issue ( error loading). But as far as the tuning goes on the pv its awesome!!

Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This new autotune feature is so fast. easy and accurate that I'm thinking of making another map for when I ride 2-up with the wife. That 140 pounds has got to make a difference.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
I'm not having much reducing my minor but noticable decel popping. I've tried reducing Decel Enleanment by about 20% which had no noticable effect. Also richened up my 20kpa column by about .5 AFR to about 12.5 which didn't seem to make any difference either. Went the other way and leaned it up by .5 to 13.5 AFR and did notice that it got worse. I even richened up my 27kpa column to see if that would make any difference (starting with original 20kpa values from FM tune) and didn't really notice any change either.

Any suggestions? How far can I richen the 20kpa column? I would think 12.5 should be enough.
Of course I'm running open loop & different sleds but in my 20kpa I have it set at 13.9 & it works great for me. Here is a shot of my AFR.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-image1.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:48 AM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Delta
This new autotune feature is so fast. easy and accurate that I'm thinking of making another map for when I ride 2-up with the wife. That 140 pounds has got to make a difference.
I was thinking the same thing!!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
I go for a ride in autotune mode. The file that is created is autotune003. I export learned and save it to a slot. The tune that I just saved will be a pvt file and not a pvv file correct?
Yes, as Jeffkill has already mentioned.

I have only tried to Auto-Tune with Pro once, and that was the first beta with this feature. There was a major problem with the 176 calibrations so I bailed on it and reinstalled 1031 (last non-beta). I've run that until I installed the 1142 beta earlier this week, and have yet to try tuning with AT again. The Pro variation hasn't had its full set of features until 1137 and I haven't been keen to try it until it was more mature, which according to Dan is running fine now. I'll be giving it a test just to report back, but since I'm eliminating some areas of the VE tables and all of the Spark Advance table I'll probably just keep doing it the old-fashioned multi-step way.

Has any info come out on the EGR feature that you know of?
I did notice that table being available but haven't looked into what it might offer in any practical sense. I just emailed Dan with a question on this.

Last edited by iclick; 08-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

I don't want to come across as scolding anyone, as I'm not--but Dan has requested that we not post links to beta versions of FW or software on the forum as we've been doing here. He said he's short-handed and having trouble servicing all the beta testers. I think he would prefer that people who are not already on the list and interested in beta testing would contact them directly and make a request. I think he may have enough testers for some applications (calibrations, year-models, etc.) and would like to be selective about accepting new testers.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
I'm not having much reducing my minor but noticable decel popping. I've tried reducing Decel Enleanment by about 20% which had no noticable effect. Also richened up my 20kpa column by about .5 AFR to about 12.5 which didn't seem to make any difference either. Went the other way and leaned it up by .5 to 13.5 AFR and did notice that it got worse. I even richened up my 27kpa column to see if that would make any difference (starting with original 20kpa values from FM tune) and didn't really notice any change either.

Any suggestions? How far can I richen the 20kpa column? I would think 12.5 should be enough.
Yes, that should be rich enough, but you might look more closely at your VE tables. You may be running into the same problem I had. For some reason I was getting progressively leaner in one area (~3k RPM IIRC @ 0% TP) for each tuning session. The changes were so small I didn't notice and after a few dozen datalog runs the VE values had decreased by around 20%. That was enough to cause decel popping.

I would suggest that you compare your VE values at 20KPA (or 0% TP) with those in the tune you started with before tuning with the PV. If you see what I experienced just use the stock values, and if you're getting no popping just leave them there, then eliminate those areas from future tuning. I've had no popping problems since doing that.

Looking for a reason for this, I asked Jamie who said muffler characteristics can cause this sort of anomaly--most of it from reversion or exhaust leaks, as Dennis has already mentioned. The 0% TP column is problematic with so many exhaust systems that DJ recommends not auto-tuning there with the PCV with Auto-Tune (closed-loop with WB O2 sensors).

Last edited by iclick; 08-09-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by tubeman426
Is it a good idea to smooth the VE's before flashing them to the power vision? What are the pros and cons? I havent tried it before and thought it might be helpfull
I haven't done it because I'm tuning with the WB sensors (Pro) and running open-loop. IMO if the O2 sensors reflect the correct AFR and tune VE's accordingly it should be correct even if the values jump around as you move across a given row or column in the tables, so smoothing will only make it less so.

I'm not sure what the rationale is for smoothing in any case, but some here are using it and could probably make a good case for doing it. I'd like to know myself.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by jbrushoe
Of course I'm running open loop & different sleds but in my 20kpa I have it set at 13.9 & it works great for me. Here is a shot of my AFR.
I'm at 14.0 there and am having no problems either.

You might try extending your 14.2 rows on to 80KPA. It doesn't take much throttle to hit that level and you're quite rich there, which may affect your mileage if you are running there often enough. Here's where mine stands now:

I originally had them extend to 70KPA like you and Jamie suggested extending them out further. If you monitor MAP on your PV display you'll see that 80-85KPA is often encountered with less throttle input than you might think. I'm running leaner than you in the cruise range and have no flat spots or any other issues running this lean this far out. BTW, I wonder why my calibration shows a 27 and 85 KPA column and yours doesn't.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iclick
BTW, I wonder why my calibration shows a 27 and 85 KPA column and yours doesn't.
I don't know unless it has something to do with my 141 strat??

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread