Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
blklne
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gear guage

Anyone having trouble displaying which gear the bike is in?
Mine just comes up blank.

2012 Softail
PV-2
Original map from Fuel Moto
Using the Beta auto-tune firmware 1154

Note, it has never worked even with the older firmware.
The bike does display the gear in the trip center part of the speedo.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem d/l the firmware.
I have adaptive control on the 2012 Ultra Trike but can't update.
Did a few autotunes, seems to be working fine. The hit counts seem to be low compared to the datalogging in the old program. Not sure how many hits to have to be considered a valid sample. The VE tables look fatter in areas that I thought were good. Do the same rules apply - look for delta changes <= 1?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ducatidesmo
Why Does a Lower VE number (not sure what the level of measurement is.. I'm thinking it's a Percentage) lower the amount of fuel? I think I understand why but just want to confirm.
I posted an explanation at post #1954 and 2575, among others in other threads, which should explain the nature of VE values (as I view the subject, anyway).

If the Volumetric Efficiency of a space is only at a certian percentage, you have to only give enough fuel to meet what your AFR is set to at a certian KiloPascal Measurement (and RPM.)
It isn't a percentage but a value based on predicted airflow. I'm not sure if the value is based on anything in particular, but just tells the ECM how much fuel to meter based on the airflow model represented by this value.

If this is the case... then why does my VE go down 2000 and 2250 EVERY TIME I make a tune using the log? It orginally started at 93 (i'm assuming percent) and now is down to 79....
It should not go down every time. In a later reply you said that VE increased slightly in a new datalog run which is a good sign. I have a similar problem at 0% TP in a narrow RPM range at 0% TP, and it leaned so much over time that it caused decel popping that I had trouble diagnosing. It changed so little for every tune that I didn't notice that the leanness was building up slowly over time. I ended up setting 0% at arbitary values that represented about 14.0:1 (my Set AFR) and am now not allowing any tuning to happen there.

You can exclude any values from being used to calculate the new tune by changing the affected New VE values in PV Tune to zero. When I use PV Tune and create a new value file (PVV) to write the new tune, I will change that problematic range at 0% TP to zero which excludes it. Sometimes I'll skip the PVV-creation step when I only have a few values to change. To do that I just go directly to the original tune from which the first PVV file was based and change those values in WinPV.

I have a clicking in the front cylinder that I'm trying to confirm is a ping or not at 2000-2100 RPM... should I just set the VE to 100 at those RPMs or would chaning the AFR to a straight 13 also work to richen the whole band up?
I wouldn't arbitrarily start changing VE values to get rid of detonation, if that's what is happening. The idea is to arrive at the VE value that matches Set AFR with measured AFR (from O2 sensors). Once that ideal is attained you can change AFR by changing the value in the AFR table, at which time the ECM will do the math and make the changes. Since you've reduced fuel >10% in that narrow range it could well be detonation if your AFR is too lean. It's hard to diagnose since we can't hear and observe what's going on, although IMO you've done a good job of describing your situation.

(sorry really don't have a place to host my images)
Most ISP's provide storage space on their server that can be accessed with a link. If yours doesn't you can upload JPG's to the HDForums server by clicking on the paperclip icon in the reply window. That will provide a thumbnail that readers can click on to enlarge.

Last edited by iclick; 08-08-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
No problem d/l the firmware. I have adaptive control on the 2012 Ultra Trike but can't update. Did a few autotunes, seems to be working fine.
What didn't update? Report any problems to DJ, but if you don't have a contact describe the problem and I'll relay it for you.

The hit counts seem to be low compared to the datalogging in the old program. Not sure how many hits to have to be considered a valid sample.
The default minimum is probably higher than you have it set in PV Tune.

The VE tables look fatter in areas that I thought were good. Do the same rules apply - look for delta changes <= 1?
Yes, compare the two tunes (before and after) in WinPV.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Delta
Road Master

iClick,
The can't update I was talking about was in the PowerVision menu tab "Update tune Using PV". When I use I get an "error loading" message at the end of the process.

I think this autotuning feature is great, the more I get comfortable with it. If you could please straighten my mind out on this:

I go for a ride in autotune mode. The file that is created is autotune003. I export learned and save it to a slot. The tune that I just saved will be a pvt file and not a pvv file correct? The tune that is loaded into the ECM, is that a pvt or pvv file? That is, if I feel I am done then should I load "autotune003 to the ECM and drive happily ever after? Any changes that I want to add like changing EITMS or lambda values should be made in WinPV after getting the tune from the PV, changing the name if I want, then loading the custom tune? Just a little cloudy at this point.

Has any info come out on the EGR feature that you know of?

Thanx all, for all the info.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:18 PM
JeffKill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New beta firmware 1159:

http://dynojetpowervision.com/Downlo...MWARE_BETA.pvu

New doc file also:

https://www.box.com/s/53bb972bc976b33fd1f5

Last edited by JeffKill; 08-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:51 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate
Smile

Originally Posted by JeffKill
New beta firmware 1159:
http://dynojetpowervision.com/Downloads/beta/PV_FIRMWARE_BETA.pvu
And it seems to work great on my 141 ECM software

Old 08-08-2012, 05:55 PM
JeffKill
Tourer

Originally Posted by Delta
iClick,
The can't update I was talking about was in the PowerVision menu tab "Update tune Using PV". When I use I get an "error loading" message at the end of the process.

I think this autotuning feature is great, the more I get comfortable with it. If you could please straighten my mind out on this:

I go for a ride in autotune mode. The file that is created is autotune003. I export learned and save it to a slot. The tune that I just saved will be a pvt file and not a pvv file correct? The tune that is loaded into the ECM, is that a pvt or pvv file? That is, if I feel I am done then should I load "autotune003 to the ECM and drive happily ever after? Any changes that I want to add like changing EITMS or lambda values should be made in WinPV after getting the tune from the PV, changing the name if I want, then loading the custom tune? Just a little cloudy at this point.

Has any info come out on the EGR feature that you know of?

Thanx all, for all the info.
Try the newest firmware in my above post.

When you hit "export learned", it applies the learned values to the tune that you selected to use in autotune. Then saves it as a new custom tune. The final result is a new .pvt file which you can make further adjustments to using winpv.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Delta
Road Master

That's what I thought. I am going in the right direction. Though I don't feel comfortable accepting changes where a few cells only have the minimum 5 hits. What are you using?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

When doing tuning runs should I make sure the VE tables are dialed in before I let it change the spark tables? Also if I tune using the new Beta autot tune will it only edit the tables I want it to edit??

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread