Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:57 AM
jbrushoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
Tried to update tune from PV and keep getting an error loading file message. So much for this..... I'll try the autotune feature without the update, what the heck.
I have the same problem. Dan at dynojet is working on new firmware for the pv because it doesn't work on bikes like mine without adaptive control. When he gets that done he said he would look into the update tune issue.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrushoe
Been working with Dan at Dynojet to get mine to work and this is the latest version but it still won't work on my 06.
Did 1142 work? Is your bike a 176 calibration? If so I guess I should wait, as I have an '07 with 176. I have 1142 beta installed now and it seems to work fine, although I haven't done any tuning with it yet.

FWIW, since beta 1142 there is now a "Theme" section in the gauges menu that allows you to select "All Gauges," "Digital Only (Daytime)," and "Digital Only (Night)." "All" is as it was before with all digital and analog gauges. "Day" is black text on white background and "Night" is white on black. The digital gauges included two 4-gauge and two 6-gauge panels each. When you select the channels for one set it copies over to the other.

I find the Daytime 6-gauge theme to be hard to read in daylight, better than analog but not usable, so I'm using the Night set. I have three (2 4-gauge and 1 6-gauge) set up with white text on black and the remaining 6-gauge panel medium orange on black for night use. This will be plenty of gauges for my needs and scrolling through usable gauges is now easy. I think everyone will like this new setup.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

I have the same problem. Dan at dynojet is working on new firmware for the pv because it doesn't work on bikes like mine without adaptive control. When he gets that done he said he would look into the update tune issue.
I have adaptive control but it is disabled since I'm running and tuning in open-loop. I will not attempt any tunes 'til this gets sorted out, and I sent an inquiry to Dan this AM. Will reply back when I get more info.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iclick
Did 1142 work? Is your bike a 176 calibration? If so I guess I should wait, as I have an '07 with 176. I have 1142 beta installed now and it seems to work fine, although I haven't done any tuning with it yet.

FWIW, since beta 1142 there is now a "Theme" section in the gauges menu that allows you to select "All Gauges," "Digital Only (Daytime)," and "Digital Only (Night)." "All" is as it was before with all digital and analog gauges. "Day" is black text on white background and "Night" is white on black. The digital gauges included two 4-gauge and two 6-gauge panels each. When you select the channels for one set it copies over to the other.

I find the Daytime 6-gauge theme to be hard to read in daylight, better than analog but not usable, so I'm using the Night set. I have three (2 4-gauge and 1 6-gauge) set up with white text on black and the remaining 6-gauge panel medium orange on black for night use. This will be plenty of gauges for my needs and scrolling through usable gauges is now easy. I think everyone will like this new setup.
Mines 141 and 1142 did not work for me. I'm at 1154 and it still will not load I get a general failure at the end. If your bike has adaptive control it should work.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Anyone having trouble trying to download the firmware? I get an error saying the page is not found.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:37 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Anyone having trouble trying to download the firmware? I get an error saying the page is not found.
Looks like Dan at dynojet deleted that download. I know he is working on a new firmware he said soon. When he sends me the link I will post it here.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks like Dan at dynojet deleted that download. I know he is working on a new firmware he said soon. When he sends me the link I will post it here.
What's the link to the most recent one prior to that one? 1137? or 1142?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bohica48
He also suggested that if there was no spark knock try advancing another 3 degrees with the same caveats until knock is detected or heard then dial back 3 degrees.
Based on Jamie's recommendation I back off 2° after hearing detonation, and this method has worked well.

So far I have made a couple of log runs with 3 degrees of advanced timing that resulted in zero spark knock, also seemed a little more responsive. My question is what is the downside of advancing the timing this much? I have heard that HD is pretty conservative on timing with a stock tune.
How conservative the timing is calibrated depends on the year-model. My '07 in stock Stage 1 form was very close to correct in the cruise range but tolerated 3-4° at WOT. Adding any advance in the cruise range resulted in detonation, so I settled on the stock values. This was all done by ear when I had the PCIII and PCV, so monitoring spark-knock by datalogging was not possible.

When I upgraded to SE255 cams I was astonished that the motor could take more advance in the cruise range, surprising since CCP had increased a bit. I was able to add 3° in the cruise range (tapered down as TP increased) without detonation. At 5° I heard detonation, so I subtracted 2°.

I would use the highest value you can that doesn't cause detonation, as that should be ideal for gas mileage, engine response, and cooling. Remember that any detonation left unchecked is not a good thing and can cause damage if not corrected.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 PM
jbrushoe
Intermediate
Unhappy

1142 is after 1137 like I said I have 1154 but it still wont work for me.

Its actually 1146 http://dynojetpowervision.com/Downlo...15-1146-AT.pvu

Last edited by jbrushoe; 08-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:11 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

I have 1131 but I think it had issues with 176 calibrations. If you're having trouble with 1142 or higher I would re-load 1031 (latest non-beta on website) and wait 'til you get the okay from DJ on an upcoming beta. I just downloaded 1154 yesterday but haven't installed it yet, and am not sure what changes were made from 1142 to 1154.

Be advised that the Fuel Used parameter for calculating gas mileage has been changed since the last non-beta FW. If you load any beta FW created in the past several months go to your Trip Center and reduce the the correction value by 20%. IOW, I had mine tweaked to a correction of 1.12 and changing it to .90 has it pretty close.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread