Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
I just purchased this and am told it will be about 7-10 days till it ships. This will be my first experience with self tuning. I have a SERT and have relied on my dealer to dyno tune for me. I am making the switch from true duals to a Drago's 2 into 1 and don't want to pay for a dyno tune everytime I make a change. Plus I want to verify the effectiveness of the new forced air cooling system I installed recently. My bike has a 120R with hi flow ac. Any recommendations on where to start with the tune for the 2 into 1?
The first thing that you will do when you receive the Power Vision is to copy the map currently on your bike to the PV. At that point I would copy the original tune to a couple of different flash drives and never loose it. Copy this file back into WinPV and save it as a different name. Make your first PVV file based on this map, tune, calibration, (some of the different names for the same thing). I am assuming that your current map is pretty good. I think that this way you will be closer to your build then looking for one off the internet. If you purchased the PV from FuelMoto, give them a call and they will definatly assist you.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
any idea ???
You can use the log. The heat settings in log tuner will weed out any data that should not be used. Running in EITMS isn't normal so those readings will not be used per the heat setting.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:39 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
That file looks familiar! There is also a link to it in my signature.
Didn't mean to step on any toes.... there were over a hundred and thirty posts from your last one until I posted the link. No problem, helped me a lot, I will leave the thread to the tuning techs and I will bow on out....

Old 08-01-2012, 02:41 PM
tubeman426
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering how high I can run my ve's before.I would have to go to a bigger injector? I have a 2009 tbw

Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,130 Likes on 1,345 Posts

Originally Posted by tubeman426
I was wondering how high I can run my ve's before.I would have to go to a bigger injector? I have a 2009 tbw
The VE high limit is 127.5 however it is common to reach this limit pretty easily with many combinations. This does not however mean you need larger injectors, you need to first determine the max injector duty cycle you are running and you want it to be below 90%. For example: 6200 RPM @ 90% DC is about 17ms and you can check easily this on the PV display or by logging it. In most cases the stock 4.22gm injectors on the 08-up TBW bikes are good for just over 120Hp. If you need more room in your VE tables before changing the injector size in the calibration I recommend changing the displacement constant. Changing the injector size greatly affects other tuning tables especially the cranking and startup fuel.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
You can use the log. The heat settings in log tuner will weed out any data that should not be used. Running in EITMS isn't normal so those readings will not be used per the heat setting.
EITMS kicks in at 285 degrees as to what I see in PV settings. So do I change 300 in log tuner to 285?

Old 08-02-2012, 07:26 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by krwould
Didn't mean to step on any toes.... there were over a hundred and thirty posts from your last one until I posted the link. No problem, helped me a lot, I will leave the thread to the tuning techs and I will bow on out....
You missed my intent... I should have been clearer... the file was meant to be shared and I appreciate you passing it along. It is good to see more folks getting involved and you have a lot of great input. Thanks

Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by papifun
EITMS kicks in at 285 degrees as to what I see in PV settings. So do I change 300 in log tuner to 285?
My settings are the same way and it should be fine just like you have it.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
jessefordham
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my PV 2 weeks ago. After working with Brian at Fuelmoto to get my PV updated then was able to flash the ECU from their map. This thing ROCKS. But I noticed my decel pop was still pretty annoying so did some digging here and JustDennis, wanna say thank you sir for you knowledge and walk through. Downloaded your instructions and did my first data log yesterday just as you stated too and BAM this morning my bike barely has any decel pop. Will see in a few days after it sets in if any pop does come back but this tuner is just awesome.

I do have one question, what is the best way to get the highest HP out of it, just do another data log running more like a bat out of hell and let the log tuner do its magic? I want to have a economy tune for work and a bad *** tune for the weekends lol

Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jessefordham
I got my PV 2 weeks ago. After working with Brian at Fuelmoto to get my PV updated then was able to flash the ECU from their map. This thing ROCKS. But I noticed my decel pop was still pretty annoying so did some digging here and JustDennis, wanna say thank you sir for you knowledge and walk through. Downloaded your instructions and did my first data log yesterday just as you stated too and BAM this morning my bike barely has any decel pop. Will see in a few days after it sets in if any pop does come back but this tuner is just awesome.

I do have one question, what is the best way to get the highest HP out of it, just do another data log running more like a bat out of hell and let the log tuner do its magic? I want to have a economy tune for work and a bad *** tune for the weekends lol

I think we all have the same question as you. I want good economy and the highest HP/Torque I can get. Don't we all!

There is a lot of debate over open loop versus closed loop and what AFR gives you the best performance and what gives you the best economy. You really just have to find what works best for you. Not intending to start a lengthy discussion but I can tell you what I do.

14.6 AFR is the EPA mandated Air Fuel Ration because it is emission friendly not because it gives the best performance. 14.6 burns the fuel the best but a slightly richer mixture provides better performance. If you look at the AFR table in closed loop maps, the cruise range is set to 14.6 for good econmy and clean emissions and the higher MAP/Throttle and RPM ranges get richer settings. I find that by setting the cruise range to an AFR between 13.8 and 14.2, I get good economy, better performance and a cooler running engine.

Do an internet search on tuning AFRs for performance and you can read as much as you want. Hope that helps and isn't too confusing. Tuning is a very big and much debated subject. The Power Vision gives you a lot of control and the flexibility to tune your bike however works best for you.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread