Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:55 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Another question: My AFR map has a 27 kpa column between 20 and 30. I am getting some minor decel popping and want to know if I still should try and enrich the 20 kpa column or will I possibly need to do the 27 kpa column? I don't have a mount for my PV yet so I don't know the exact RPM range and temps but it seems to be more after reaching operating temps.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Linville Lion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
How do you use the smooth function? Do you highlight the entire table or only those areas you manually adjusted. I'm assuming you manually adjust first.
Good question. I worked that issue for some time until I got my head around it. Getting the manual smoothing close is real important. Any fliers in the table will affect all of the adjacent cells when you do the smooth via the software.

One of the visual things that I do is to highlight the cell that I am going to manually adjust and use the 3D map to get it to fit right with the adjacent cells. You can see which cell you are adjusting on the map and the gridlines will show where you are relative to other cells. When that is done, I smooth the entire table, one time, up to and including the row that includes the max RPM. I set my RPM limit at 5,400. Just does not sit well with me to push the redline.

I then compare the new table with the previous table to see the differences. Lastly, I look at the 3D map to see how it looks. I am checking for peaks and valleys that seem out of line.

At that point, I turn off the Closed loop and run it as is. The last check is for spark timing to get maximum timing with little knock retard. I use the linear graph on the PV gage screen to check for knock while I am riding. I set the three graph lines to MAP, knock front and knock rear. Change the colors on the lines to differentiate front from rear.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Another question: My AFR map has a 27 kpa column between 20 and 30. I am getting some minor decel popping and want to know if I still should try and enrich the 20 kpa column or will I possibly need to do the 27 kpa column? I don't have a mount for my PV yet so I don't know the exact RPM range and temps but it seems to be more after reaching operating temps.
I would decrease the Decel Enrichment values first by about 20% and try that. If no change then continue by enriching the 20 KPA column. If you are getting popping all the way down as you decel, enrich the cells for RPMs from 3500 all the way down. If it is set to closed loop 14.6 AFR (1.00) you can drop by up to 1 AFR or so - say to 13.8 AFR (.940). Tha

Old 07-31-2012, 11:32 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just purchased this and am told it will be about 7-10 days till it ships. This will be my first experience with self tuning. I have a SERT and have relied on my dealer to dyno tune for me. I am making the switch from true duals to a Drago's 2 into 1 and don't want to pay for a dyno tune everytime I make a change. Plus I want to verify the effectiveness of the new forced air cooling system I installed recently. My bike has a 120R with hi flow ac. Any recommendations on where to start with the tune for the 2 into 1?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

Can these maps be shared via email? i.e., if someone has a killer tune, they could send it to me and I could then upload it?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM
JeffKill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
Can these maps be shared via email? i.e., if someone has a killer tune, they could send it to me and I could then upload it?
Yes, they can email you the .pvt file.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:28 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
Maps can be shared but a big part of the tuning with the PV is setting the VEs to match your bike. That is the basis of a good tune.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:55 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Maps can be shared but a big part of the tuning with the PV is setting the VEs to match your bike. That is the basis of a good tune.
Gotcha. So, theoretically could share a tune to use as a baseline then tweak from there?

Old 07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
i was doing a basic log tune to try to resolve the occasional Knocking on front and rear cylinder after some adjustments to my AFR and timing... i was wondering, if the bike goes into EITMS, can the log still be used to adjust VE tables in PV log tuner or will it mess it up ? I noticed when in EITMS, the MAP sits at 40-50% when at idle instead of the 20% when not in EITMS mode...
any idea ???

Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
i was wondering, if the bike goes into EITMS, can the log still be used to adjust VE tables in PV log tuner or will it mess it up ? I noticed when in EITMS, the MAP sits at 40-50% when at idle instead of the 20% when not in EITMS mode...
When you first set up your Power Vision Log Tuner you set up the parameters in the Options section. My min temp is 185 and my max temp is 300. If the temps are outside of this area, no logging will occur. I would think that this happens towards the end of your data run. When it has happened to me, I just stop logging. Whatever is logged doesn't make a difference as it happens only at idle. Besides you will be doing more data runs, right.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread