Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad it worked out for ya. That hit screen sure makes things easier. Just make sure you watch the road every so often I think you'll notice spark knock events each time you datalog, at least I did. Each time it takes out just a little bit. At some point you'll have to determine if they are real or not; and, not include them when you make a new map off the pvv and pvt file. If I don't hear pinging on that run I ignore the recommended change.

You didn't happen to have the HD Stage I map on your new bike did you?

Last edited by Delta; 07-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No stage 1. Bike only has about 1500 miles on it. I put dresser duals and a heavy breather on it and Jaime sent me a map to get started.

The map he sent is very close. I Just did another log run, this time I pulled 4 degrees of timing out of the upper range and increased my narrow band field to catch more cells. VE delta is around 1 or less in most of the cells. I'll do a few more tunes like that then return the AF and timing back to where it was and then go for some log runs strictly for knock events.

Thanks for your suggestion earlier.... it really paid off!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default clb in logging tune

I've read through so much of this thread as well as Dennis's great writeup and it's still not clear to me..Seems like CLB should be set as close to 14.6 in the tune you use for logging and then adjusted richer after you have the VE's set & the tune is ready for "production"? Otherwise the VE's would reflect the bias. For now I'll be using a closed loop tune when done.

Thx

Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was doing a basic log tune to try to resolve the occasional Knocking on front and rear cylinder after some adjustments to my AFR and timing... i was wondering, if the bike goes into EITMS, can the log still be used to adjust VE tables in PV log tuner or will it mess it up ? I noticed when in EITMS, the MAP sits at 40-50% when at idle instead of the 20% when not in EITMS mode...

Old 07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello All

If anyone is feeling adventurous today, DynoJet has released a new BETA version of the PV software. I am sure several of us will be testing it out and reporting back. DJ has said it is OK for the “high level enthusiasts / forum members” to give it a try.

The features included are:

1. AutoTune – fully integrated / embedded (you don't need a laptop to tune)
2. Quick Tune
3. Update Tune
4. Misc. WinPV and PV features

More to come on the testing. If interested shoot me a PM or send an email to DynoJet at PVtech@dynojet.com.

AGAIN, this is BETA software and while it is normally pretty good, sometimes there are a few bugs. I would only recommend this to those who are already pretty familiar with how PV and Log Tuner works.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Any consensus on whether smoothing the VE tables helps or not?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Any consensus on whether smoothing the VE tables helps or not?
I believe it does help and here is why. The "calculations" within the ECM use data that is more of a flow rather than just the points of data we see represented within the tables. I look at my VE tables and smooth any obvious peaks or valleys between cells to provide a smoother transition. I don't use the smoothing functions but do it manually.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Hello All

If anyone is feeling adventurous today, DynoJet has released a new BETA version of the PV software. I am sure several of us will be testing it out and reporting back. DJ has said it is OK for the “high level enthusiasts / forum members” to give it a try.

The features included are:

1. AutoTune – fully integrated / embedded (you don't need a laptop to tune)
2. Quick Tune
3. Update Tune
4. Misc. WinPV and PV features

More to come on the testing. If interested shoot me a PM or send an email to DynoJet at PVtech@dynojet.com.

AGAIN, this is BETA software and while it is normally pretty good, sometimes there are a few bugs. I would only recommend this to those who are already pretty familiar with how PV and Log Tuner works.
Updated to the new versions without a glitch and as soon as possible will run some collections and compare those to what using Log Tuner produces. This newer version seems nice has it indicated that it will setup the tune for collections on the device so you don't need to plan for a "tuning calibration" on your PC. I've enquired what those adjustments are, but presume its turning off features like PE, AE, DE, Adaptive Fuel, etc...

Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Linville Lion
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I believe it does help and here is why. The "calculations" within the ECM use data that is more of a flow rather than just the points of data we see represented within the tables. I look at my VE tables and smooth any obvious peaks or valleys between cells to provide a smoother transition. I don't use the smoothing functions but do it manually.
I do both...manually smooth the peaks and valleys and then use the smoothing function to finish the VE tune. It is hard to determine the overall benefit but I like the way the bike runs.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you use the smooth function? Do you highlight the entire table or only those areas you manually adjusted. I'm assuming you manually adjust first.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread