Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

This would be a closed loop map...

Old 07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
I use it all the time... zeros would be no change in that cell... pic of my last one

log
Krwould, thank you for the snap shots of the tables. When I run a log, Log Tuner shows zeros on every box of every parameter. But when I read the datalog in excel, there are several deltas and new VEs displayed. So I am running the logs correctly but PV log tuner isnt incorporating the changes.
I think it may be that the FM map is open loop.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by JimmyZ06
log
Krwould, thank you for the snap shots of the tables. When I run a log, Log Tuner shows zeros on every box of every parameter. But when I read the datalog in excel, there are several deltas and new VEs displayed. So I am running the logs correctly but PV log tuner isnt incorporating the changes.
I think it may be that the FM map is open loop.
I run an open loop map but I am using auto tune with wideband O2 sensors....

Old 07-15-2012, 06:49 PM
krwould
Club Member

I am new at this myself, I don't have all the answers but give FM a call tomorrow and they will get you on the right track for sure... unless one of these other guys jump in here and help ya...

Old 07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
krwould
Club Member

Did you save a value file to read the data logs with?

Old 07-15-2012, 08:58 PM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

Did you save a value file to read the data logs with?
Yep, sure did, followed JustDennis's instructions to a "t".
The bike is running great, less a bit of popping during upshifts from 1-2 and 2-3, but I can play with the Decel Enleanment a bit to fix that I think.

My concern is that when reading the VE Front and VE Rear from the log runs (reading in excel) the rear cylinder is not more than .5 off, meaning current is 94, "new" is 93.5. but the front is, as an example, current 86, recommended new is 79.

Obviously some changes need to be made, it would seem, but I am simply getting my *** kicked by the compputer programs! HA

Thanks for all your help and input!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Before you saved the PVV file did you check the boxes?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:22 AM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Teardrop
Before you saved the PVV file did you check the boxes?
Yes Sir I did. I can actually read the logs in MS Excel, but the PV Log Tuner program wont show anything...all zeros everywhere...which do not align with the data I can read in excel.
I have been chatting with Dan at DJ to get the additonal parameters in Win PV opened up (ACR, Gears...etc).

Definitely need to call Jamie at FM to see if the map they provided is open loop, which, from what I gather, will show as all zeros in PV Log Tuner as it is a closed loop tuning program.

Thanks for all the advice and assistance!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 AM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

This would be a closed loop map...

so I could save a current tune as say, closedloop001.pvt, modify my fuel table to look like this, save, send to PV, flash ECM, run a couple data logs, go through the PV Log tuner to Win PV process of calculating the tune to get the VE adjustments, save new .pvt, then return my fuel tables to what they were before saving as closedloop001.pvt , save new .pvt, send to PV, flash ECM, and this would allow me to get the corrected VEs in place even with an open loop map running?

Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyZ06
so I could save a current tune as say, closedloop001.pvt, modify my fuel table to look like this, save, send to PV, flash ECM, run a couple data logs, go through the PV Log tuner to Win PV process of calculating the tune to get the VE adjustments, save new .pvt, then return my fuel tables to what they were before saving as closedloop001.pvt , save new .pvt, send to PV, flash ECM, and this would allow me to get the corrected VEs in place even with an open loop map running?
I'm not sure where your at with this right now, but after you have open logs,calc tune apply values the next save is a new pvt. load that to your PV and open it in WinPV. then you need to load compare with the previous unchanged map for which you will need a saved copy on your computer as the PV can only open one map at a time. then you go active tune compare tune with the two buttons and you will be able to see the changes flicker between the two. The rest, flash the new tune, create a new pvv from the new tune , go out logging and the process starts again.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread