Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

New guys may be better off starting at the end and going backwards. Dont get confused at the beginning with the different versions of firmware/software etc. Yes its all good basic information and gives some idea of how the tuner has progressed but I think some of it may not be valid now. If you start at the beginning dont come to any conclusions until you soak it all in.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
My PV always sets the ACR to on and the EITMS to off. (I always forget to turn it on in the program) It's no big deal to activate the EITMS, it's just a twist of the grip. Just because they turned the EITMS on for you, in my opinion, does nothing to address the pinging. I know that in most tuners that flash the ECM you have to choose how you want the ACR. As far as the PV seeing the status of the ACR setting, once you download it to your computer and open up the file in the WinPV program, make sure you are in Pro level, and select "Limits and Switches". Select Active Compression Release, and you will see the status.

If you can, I would get the Fuel Moto billet stage I A/C and the Power Vision from Fuel Moto. He supplies a pretty darn good map for your specific setup and gives free support. If the map is not quite right, you can dial it in with the PV or do a few data runs, send them to Fuel Moto and they will adjust your map.

The Fuel Moto A/C is a 10 minute job to install, very easy. Good luck.
I have WinPV opened in Pro and I do not see ACR under limits and switches anywhere. Why is that?

Old 07-14-2012, 05:53 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JimmyZ06
I have WinPV opened in Pro and I do not see ACR under limits and switches anywhere. Why is that?
"Active Compression Release" is the first item on the list for me.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:42 PM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
"Active Compression Release" is the first item on the list for me.
Under "Limits and Switches", my options are as follows;
PE Disable RPM
PE Disable TPS
PE Enable RPM
PE Enable TPS
RPM Limit

I also have no way of seeing of there is CLB or Open Loop

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Jim

Old 07-14-2012, 07:59 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Under "Limits and Switches", my options are as follows;
PE Disable RPM
PE Disable TPS
PE Enable RPM
PE Enable TPS
RPM Limit

I also have no way of seeing of there is CLB or Open Loop

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Jim
I'd ensure you have the most current version of the software via PV Upate Client

Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 PM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I'd ensure you have the most current version of the software via PV Upate Client
Based on the PV Update Client, I apparently have the most current version, 1.0.44.914 (x64)

Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Maybe its a function of the tune itself, and for that tune those features are not available.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 AM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

Need a little help here please. Just ran a data log, using the 319245 code, noted several "hits" on the PV for the run. Went through the process per JustDennis guide and there are zero Deltas when comparing the original tune to the tune with calculated tune.
It has got ot be operator error, hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers, Jim

Old 07-15-2012, 02:43 PM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

Ok, after reading backwards in this thread from page 265 to 218, I saw a post from Jamie at FM mentioning to another person that is having the same issues as I am. Apparently the FM map is Open Loop and the Log Tuner requires closed loop.
I am getting nothing but 0's in all the VE New blocks after importing log files. But if I look at the same files in Excel, there are several VE changes, mostly front cylinder. Good news is that there is no spark knock.
Jamie told the other gentleman to change BIAS tables to 700 and change AFR values in closed loop area to 14.6. I have no idea where to change any of these things, meaning what is the closed loop area and how do I get to the bias tables?
I guess another route would be to manually change every VE block per the excel spreadsheet and manually create a new tune, but there has go to be an easier method to the madness.
As far as the VE changes I noted, most are front cylinder and they are decreasing.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Need a little help here please. Just ran a data log, using the 319245 code, noted several "hits" on the PV for the run. Went through the process per JustDennis guide and there are zero Deltas when comparing the original tune to the tune with calculated tune.
It has got ot be operator error, hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers, Jim
I use it all the time... zeros would be no change in that cell... pic of my last one

Last edited by krwould; 07-15-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread