Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 06:48 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
Tomorrow I am going to do the Ride To The Sky, Mt Washington Auto Road. It is a Laconia Bike Week thing to do. I have done this 2 times before, on a 2004 and 2008 Ultra. Both pinged too much for my liking. The 04 was a 103, 258 SE cams, true duals. The 08 was a 103, 255 cams SE II slipons. Hot days, hot motors and slow traffic going up and up. I am using a Fuel Moto supplied map with the VEs and Lambda values adjusted by datalogging, spark maps remain unchanged. I am thinking of retarding my timing by 2 degrees and maybe making it a bit richer as well. Possibly using a fuel additive. What does the PV brain trust recommend?
If I were going on that ride, I would load my tuning map and do data logging. I would not retard the timing but use the log feature to capture what is going on and adjust my map from the data. If you want to put a map in with timing retarded, go ahead, the PV has extra slot. You may even want to take your current map and make an open loop version with the AFRs set somewhere between 13.8 and 14.2 to try. My open loop map performs really well in those kind of rides. Good luck and Ride safe.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Pass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick update. I wound up having to send my PV back to DynoJet. I contacted Jamie at FM and he hooked me up with a POC at DynoJet who took it from there. They were great and able to repair my PV. I got it back the other day and my bike is now back to running it's good tune. Though I think I will do some tuning runs again shortly... It has been a while since I've fine tuned it. It's good to have my info display back. You don't realize how much you miss it til it's gone. It didn't have any of my tunes on it when I got it back but I have copies of everything so I pushed them back up to the unit and all is well.

42k+ miles and counting.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Eitms activation temp

The original calibration activated the EITMS at 284 deg. The Fuel Moto tune activates at 590 deg. Seems a bit high to me. What are you folks using?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
The original calibration activated the EITMS at 284 deg. The Fuel Moto tune activates at 590 deg. Seems a bit high to me. What are you folks using?
The 590° setting is a way to turn it off, although there is a switch for that too (Limits and Switches > EITMS [1=on, 0=off]). Mine was also set to 590° until I set it to 290° on, 275° off. It wasn't a Fuel Moto tune and was set that way in the factory upgrade flash.

Last edited by iclick; 06-14-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I think the 590 comes from the bike? example when you roll throttle forward to turn EITMS off or on. I had noticed this when I did load copy of tune. I had mine off with throttle method.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:23 PM
redmosquito1
Tourer

Never mind, figured it out. Gotta select pro not basic.

Last edited by redmosquito1; 06-16-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:42 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sam2010
I think the 590 comes from the bike? example when you roll throttle forward to turn EITMS off or on. I had noticed this when I did load copy of tune. I had mine off with throttle method.
Mine doesn't have the roll-off feature, and to turn EITMS on or off is a matter of doing it in the ECM settings. I had EITMS working a while back, until I flashed the newest tune/calibration (or whatever they call it) from HD about 1½ years ago. EITMS didn't work after that and I didn't really care, but with PV I can turn it back on and adjust it, which I've done.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM
kw86er
5th Gear

Can I run Power Vision without sensors? The reason I ask is I am having an issue with my rear sensor. It's open/not responding. I have traced the wires back to the ECM and have continuity. I get 5 volts with key/run on at the connector. I have switched the sensors but still the rear is the one not responding.

Here is a link to the post explaining my woes. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...nsor-open.html

So I got a custom tune from Dynojet the other day but have yet to try it. Can I just switch the closed loop switch to open loop? Would I need to unplug the sensors?

Thanks, Kris

Old 06-21-2012, 11:37 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by kw86er
Can I run Power Vision without sensors? The reason I ask is I am having an issue with my rear sensor. It's open/not responding. I have traced the wires back to the ECM and have continuity. I get 5 volts with key/run on at the connector. I have switched the sensors but still the rear is the one not responding.

Here is a link to the post explaining my woes. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...nsor-open.html

So I got a custom tune from Dynojet the other day but have yet to try it. Can I just switch the closed loop switch to open loop? Would I need to unplug the sensors?
Yes, just set Closed-Loop to "0" in Limits and Switches. If your VE tables are accurate in relation to your Set AFR's you can run open-loop and achieve very tight AFR values when running--or at least that's my experience. Of course if you plan on doing any further tuning you'll need to install sensors, either the stockers for Basic or widebands for Pro tuning.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
BlackFLHTP
6th Gear
Default PV losing connection with ECM

I recently re-routed the cable from the bike to the PV...it is closer to the engine than it was before...since then the gauge displays go blank after riding a while.Shut off the bike and re-start and all is well...for a little while...the PV isnt losing power,just not showing any data...maybe the cable is getting too hot?...tia

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread