Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:28 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Features for PowerVision - BETA

I recently reached out to Dynojet to see if they had Temperature Spark Correction planned for the PV. Much to my delight, they indicated "yes" and they have beta software to test if I'm interested. I don't have it installed yet, but in addition to this there is a feature called Quick Tune that allows you to alter a few parameters directly on the PV that we could not before. Some additional capabilities such as EGR effect (TTS feature) and one that allows you to use AutoTune without the 319245 code and generate your new value files there versus using Log Tuner.

If you're interested, Dan from DJ indicated just contact PVtech@dynojet.com. But, if you're not comfortable working with beta software, probably best to avoid. Looking at the instructions, once you update your software and firmware, you have to read your tune back in from your PV for it to pick up the new data items. This seems to be a one way street potentially.

Glad to see they are putting additional cycles into making this a better product!

Old 05-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

That sounds interesting. I have the TTS to for my bike but prefer the PV. The lap top on the bike is one part I very much disliked. I have kept the updates up to date on the TTS stuff but I have not kept up my study of the TTS. The cam selector and EGR. I am not even close up to speed on what it is about

Old 05-28-2012, 07:57 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
That sounds interesting. I have the TTS to for my bike but prefer the PV. The lap top on the bike is one part I very much disliked. I have kept the updates up to date on the TTS stuff but I have not kept up my study of the TTS. The cam selector and EGR. I am not even close up to speed on what it is about
I had the TTS on my last bike. Nice product, but as you noted, carting my laptop on rides was a major turn-off. Professional tuner with a dyno: TTS. Novice DIY guy: PV. It does a great job in the rpm range that I ride.

Started to install the new stuff today. Software and Firmware updates went fine, but pulling my current tune from the ECM per the instructions hit a glitch. It complains about not having a base calibration loaded. Awaiting feedback from DJ

Old 05-28-2012, 08:53 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking through my map I have noticed that my closed loop bias is set at 700 across the board. It says at the bottom that set at 450mv will indicate an afr of 14.68-1, and increasing it will richen up the mix.
I guess my question is, what is the purpose of closed loop bias? If my afr is set at 14.6 in order to remain in closed loop across most of the board, then why would this be set richer? This is the way it came from fm, and while im sure there is a reason for the way its set, im still curious.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I had the TTS on my last bike. Nice product, but as you noted, carting my laptop on rides was a major turn-off. Professional tuner with a dyno: TTS. Novice DIY guy: PV. It does a great job in the rpm range that I ride.

Started to install the new stuff today. Software and Firmware updates went fine, but pulling my current tune from the ECM per the instructions hit a glitch. It complains about not having a base calibration loaded. Awaiting feedback from DJ

Will be following your updates on here. I agree TTS is a good product to but I have had better DYI results with the power vision and have had a better support system. I am sure you know what I mean I know you get around on the other forum to.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts
Default Power vision

Just got mine from FM, installed yesterday. I have a 103, decatted, with stock mufflers and SE air cleaner. I have a little back firing on decel. Any idea how I mitigate that? On the old PCIII you set all the fuel to -18 from like 2500 to redline. Thanks, I keep reading until... LOL! I'd call FM but its memorial day!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:04 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BigGelvis
Hahahaha........I had hoped to made a run yesterday evening to see how the new AFR settings helped the heat issue. Well, I got stuck in one of the biggest down pours I have been in in a long time.
Traffic was dead stopped on my off ramp and I was getting pelted by dime size rain drops and what I could swear was tiny hail *****! I found a hole and shot back on the toll road towards the only shelter I could see up ahead.

This pic was taken after sitting at idle for 5 minutes while trying to dry off enough to grab the phone and light a smoke. Temp read 241f as you can see in the picture but I have no idea what it would have been without the rain cooling it down.
This was a 20 minute ride and I never got over 30mph before pulling over and then I idled for 5 minutes before taking the pic. The temp would not climb over 241.
But once I got back on the road, the last 3 or 4 miles was dry and ambient temperature was back in the 90's. the temp rose to 255 while riding and 265 after I got home and let it idle for about 30 seconds.
Still waiting to see what 30 minutes of second and third gear stop n go thru the subdivision does with the lower AFR. If it will stay below 280f in ambient temps up to 100f, I will be happy.

Hey what PV handle bar mount do you have and where did you get it?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jammerx
Hey what PV handle bar mount do you have and where did you get it?
I made it from an old Android phone ram mount that I had. I just cut the adroid mount down to fit the PV, lined up and drilled the holes in it and bolted the PV to it.
Here is a picture of the PV and the Ram mount. The other part of the Ram mount is on the bike and in the shop so no pictures of it but it is just the standard U-bolt style Ram mount.

Name:  2012-05-28145851.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  358.6 KB
Name:  2012-05-28145946.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  362.0 KB
Name:  2012-05-28145931.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  366.5 KB

Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks BigGelvis your the man!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I recently reached out to Dynojet to see if they had Temperature Spark Correction planned for the PV. Much to my delight, they indicated "yes" and they have beta software to test if I'm interested. I don't have it installed yet, but in addition to this there is a feature called Quick Tune that allows you to alter a few parameters directly on the PV that we could not before. Some additional capabilities such as EGR effect (TTS feature) and one that allows you to use AutoTune without the 319245 code and generate your new value files there versus using Log Tuner.

If you're interested, Dan from DJ indicated just contact PVtech@dynojet.com. But, if you're not comfortable working with beta software, probably best to avoid. Looking at the instructions, once you update your software and firmware, you have to read your tune back in from your PV for it to pick up the new data items. This seems to be a one way street potentially.

Glad to see they are putting additional cycles into making this a better product!
Are you running 1.0.14-1090? If you have 1075 or 1079 you should upgrade to 1090, as the first two had some bugs that seem to be cleared now. I assume they're updating you, but if not you should inquire.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread