Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
CtCruzer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpinnrUp
If you have it available it will be found in the gears folder.
Hmmm did not see that
Possible npt to have it
That'll suck one of the reasons i bought
WTF

Old 05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by phxmark
I would believe that it does. In order to maintain what is in the AFR table, vs the volumes of the cylinders, you would have to raise or lower the entire curve. You could also change what is in the VE tables to pretty much accomplish the same thing. Right now, your entire AFR for the engine is lower than what the ECM thinks it should be. The ECM thinks you have a larger engine so it throws more fuel into the intake so now your smaller engine is running very rich.
IMO changing the VE values is something you should do only in tuning. These are predicted airflow values, and if you change the displacement from 96 to 103 you won't see any changes anywhere else in the tune, including the VE tables. You would think the ECM might make changes in VE across the board since airflow will increase going from 96 to 103", but it doesn't. There will be changes made to compensate for the increased airflow that comes from the greater displacement, but the ECM independently compensates. I presume it's the same effect that you see when you change AFR/Lambda values. If you perfect the tune for a 14.4 AFR in a given cell and then decide you want to run 14.2, you would change the AFR value, not VE. Doing that will not alter the VE table but AFR will be richer.

The idea behind VE is to set the values at a point where the desired AFR in the ECM matches the measured AFR from the O2 sensors. IMO once that is accomplished you should leave them alone, although there are exceptions to this rule.

If someone has a different take on this I want to hear what you have to say.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by CtCruzer
Ok were do i do the speed sensor calibration cant find it
If it isn't there copy the tune from the ECM back to the PV (Program Vehicle > Load Copy), then download it to the computer and open it in WinPV. It should be there after that.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by tubeman426
Can anyone tell me what changing the engine displacement does, Im guessing that you can raise or lower the entire fuel curve with this setting? I have a map were the displacement is set higher than the engine it was done for and it seems to be rich across the board, I was going to lower the displacement to get it in the ballpark, what do you guys think?
Thanks...
Upping the displacement will give you more room on the ve tables. If you have an area where you see a value of 127.5 you will usually up the engine displacement x% and reduce the ve tables x%. The first thing to do while tuning is calibrate the ve tables, then when you ask for a certain afr or lambda value you should get that.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:46 AM
CtCruzer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
If it isn't there copy the tune from the ECM back to the PV (Program Vehicle > Load Copy), then download it to the computer and open it in WinPV. It should be there after that.
Great ill try that thanks

Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a question.. i have been using my PV from FM. I so have the 12mm bungs and using the stock O2 sensors.. while riding today I had brain Frt.... I have been using PV long tuner to adjust the VE tables for front and rear cylinders along with Map from FM.. I have data loged and then used PV log tuner and re-flased my ECM about 9 times after using the PV log tuner with newer created tune... since i dont have auto tune and still using stock 02 Sensors.. is this really necessary to use the PV log tuner ? , or should i just put back FM's orginal tune into ECM ?
Bike runs good.. no complants... but just would like less delay when go on the throttle.. I would like to put the autotune but i think i need the 18mm bungs on my Power Duals for that option... Any comments ?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:31 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
i have a question.. i have been using my PV from FM. I so have the 12mm bungs and using the stock O2 sensors.. while riding today I had brain Frt.... I have been using PV long tuner to adjust the VE tables for front and rear cylinders along with Map from FM.. I have data loged and then used PV log tuner and re-flased my ECM about 9 times after using the PV log tuner with newer created tune... since i dont have auto tune and still using stock 02 Sensors.. is this really necessary to use the PV log tuner ? , or should i just put back FM's orginal tune into ECM ?
Bike runs good.. no complants... but just would like less delay when go on the throttle.. I would like to put the autotune but i think i need the 18mm bungs on my Power Duals for that option... Any comments ?
If you've used the PV to dial in your VE's, then you don't want to go back to your baseline tune.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:38 PM
phxmark
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a printout or file of the VE, AFR, and spark tables for the 105LF003 Screamin' Eagle calibration file? You should be a able to load the tune file from the Screamin' Eagle tuner application. I believe it should be included with the program.

This is the 2004-05 Touring with a 88ci, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner and mufflers.

PM me if you do and I will get you my e-mail address.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by CtCruzer
Great ill try that thanks
Let me know if it works or not, as I've never tried it.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by papifun
What do you mean by "less delay" at roll-on? Are you getting any hesitation?

The AT-100 will allow you to tune throughout the operating range, but you likely won't need to do that unless you change your configuration in the future (i.e. performance upgrades like cams, head work, etc.). The cruise range, where you likely ride 99% of the time, can be fine-tuned with the PV and stock O2 sensors--and the open-loop area of the tune (like at WOT) should be very close with the tune FM provided. I have the PV with AT-100 and like the flexibility it provides, but I have an older bike with 18mm bungs and it was an easy install. In your case you're looking at removing the pipes and welding 18mm bungs, which is a hassle and an added expense. If you need AT, definitely buy it--but I would think you probably don't at this time. OTOH if you plan on upgrading in the future you could make a case for buying it now, and then there's always that intangible tweaker factor. If you like that sort of thing it's a tweaker's delight.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread