Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
twister2gt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry but i was wrong in my last post just realized i have been adding fuel on the enleanment not taking out.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I think the head temp sensor is in the front cylinder. Definitely use the code - makes it a lot easier and you get a reasonable representation of the cells you're hitting.
That did the trick! I did another log run and this time I had hits on all the tables!
I am not sure what is normal for the for tune from the base map for others but the delta for the front cylinder showed a change of as much as -7. in a few cells and about -3 to -5 in most of the others that changed.
The rear cylinder had much smaller changes and were in the opposite direction in most of them with positive values and only a few negative values.

Take a ride with the new tune and get some more logging in and keep on keep'in on from here.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:52 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Made the sixth logging run on the way to work this morning. All changed delta cells were 1.2 or less with most in the .2 to .4 range. I am guessing this is good enough?
I did a few runs yesterday and left the AFR where I started with the supplied FM map at 14.4 in the cruise range. Loaded the new tune and it was time to go out and ride around the neighborhood with my Wife. She is learning to ride so we spend a lot of time below 30mph and 3rd gear riding with 50% of the time spent stop n go thru the hood at low rpm.
I had the gauges set up so I could watch engine temp. It climed to 280 after 15 minutes then we pulled into the driveway to let the bikes cool down.
As I pulled into the driveway, the temp shot up to 310f and I shut it off.

I decided to hell with it and I adjusted the AFR across the board by .7
The cruise range is now 13.7 AFR while the higher RPM and WOT AFR's are 12.8 and 12.1.
I also changes the AFR in the cells that are most used at idle, the 750 and 1000 @ 20 and 30 KPa. I changed these to 13.1 thinking it might run cooler at idle? Or is this not a good idea?
I also changed RPM to 950.

Here are pictures of the VE front and rear tables and the AFR table. Anyone see something that doesn't look right?
Bike seems to run great but I do have what sounds like a "BB hitting the left side of the bike evry now and then at higher RPM's. I am not sure if it is an exhaust leak of if it is a miscellaneous ping that is not being logged.
I know it doesn't mean a lot but with the new AFR's, I rode to lunch about 10 minutes each way and the temp's never got over 230f with 90f ambient temperature. I will get a better idea if the new AFR helps the heat problem this evening when we make the 30 minute ride around the neighborhood again.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-13.7afr.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-power-vision-front-ve.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-rear-ve.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member

And here is the delta from the original base tune I started with and the latest tune currently on the bike.
By the way, this is a 2012 Ultra limited 103" with open head pipes (Power Duals), A/C ( Ness big sucker) and 4" slip on mufflers with 2.0" baffles ( Rush ).

Base Tune vs Current tune Delta

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-delta-front.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-delta-rear.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Booda_do
Advanced
Default Power Vision Map - 2009 96B Softtail V&H BSS / Big Sicker Stage 1

2009 Night Train - 96B
V&H Big Shots Staggered (quiet baffles)
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1

Would anyone have a Power Vision Map to share?

Bought bike used - came with Power Vision.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Power Vision Licenses - Multiple bikes or transfer

I am not sure if this has been posted in here or not because I am not going to read through 200+ pages.

I was on Dynojets Power Vision website and found information in the link below indicating that you can now buy multiple licenses for your Power Vision and tune as many bikes as you would like with the proper license count.

You can also transfer your Power Vision from one bike to another if you need to.

It's not free, looks like it is $199 to me per license.

Sorry if this is old news.

http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2...-in-the-world/

Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Booda_do
2009 Night Train - 96B

Thanks
Your best bet would be to pull the current map from your ECM and start with that one.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Hahahaha........I had hoped to made a run yesterday evening to see how the new AFR settings helped the heat issue. Well, I got stuck in one of the biggest down pours I have been in in a long time.
Traffic was dead stopped on my off ramp and I was getting pelted by dime size rain drops and what I could swear was tiny hail *****! I found a hole and shot back on the toll road towards the only shelter I could see up ahead.

This pic was taken after sitting at idle for 5 minutes while trying to dry off enough to grab the phone and light a smoke. Temp read 241f as you can see in the picture but I have no idea what it would have been without the rain cooling it down.
This was a 20 minute ride and I never got over 30mph before pulling over and then I idled for 5 minutes before taking the pic. The temp would not climb over 241.
But once I got back on the road, the last 3 or 4 miles was dry and ambient temperature was back in the 90's. the temp rose to 255 while riding and 265 after I got home and let it idle for about 30 seconds.
Still waiting to see what 30 minutes of second and third gear stop n go thru the subdivision does with the lower AFR. If it will stay below 280f in ambient temps up to 100f, I will be happy.

Name:  2012-05-14182001.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  321.6 KB
Name:  2012-05-14182027.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  285.5 KB

Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Booda_do
2009 Night Train - 96B

Thanks
How's the bike run now? If it runs fine, use your current map as the baseline. Just go get a good datalog of your current map and then run it thru LogTuner and see how it compares or what changes occur.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:48 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by twister2gt
Was wondering how you guys go about tuning out decell pop, I bought my PV from Fuel Moto and the tune is alot better then my stock setup but i still have some pop between 2100-2700 when letting off the gas inbetween there, I have played with the decell enleanment and it seems a little less gas makes it better but don't know if i should go anymore also tried adding a little bit of timing on the 20 KPA spark table between 1500-2600 and it seemed to help too but i'm new to tuning EFI and want to make sure going any further with timing or taking fuel out of the enleanment will not hurt anything. Also was thinking should i give it alot more fuel on the enleanment and see if more will keep it from even igniting. I Have only moved the value from .30 to .38 and i think the tune came set at .34.

Running 2012 dyna street bob
96 inch screamin eagle with V&H straight Shot slipons
On my 2010 Street Bob w/ VH Short Shots, I got rid of 95% of my decel popping by simply lowering the A/F ratio under the 20kpa column of the A/F table. I didn't have to do anything in any of the enleanment or enrichment tables. Just do your work with the A/F table only!

Basically, go out and ride the bike and take a mental note of which rpms you are getting decel popping. Then go into the A/F table, and lower the A/F ratio (numerically) in the 20kpa column only. Just lower the values by .25 and take another ride and keep lowering it until you get no more popping.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread