Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I assume you meant to say to remove 2-3 degrees from the front cyl (not the rear).
Yes it was meant to refer to the Front Cylinder, not the rear

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
It is going to be fairly normal to see variances in the corrections, the key is to getting VE levelized and letting the O2 integrator and the rest of the closed loop system do its work as normal. Regular corrections for fuel quality, conditions, etc.. are all part of the big picture on how the system is designed. Remember, the data you are using with PV is populated by the ECM doing business as usual, any corrections populated in the PV Log tuner software are simply coming from the data bus itself and the ECM is already using these corrections in one way or another.

I can appreciate the forum let me talk in circles trying to learn. The bottom line is probably me and the way I am riding to collect the data. I am going to raise my hit count I had been using 30 and concentrate on quality. I will continue with my current tune and I will start one over with my original fuel moto map. I am not having any issues per se with the map I manually adjusted VEs on bike to me seems to run pretty good honestly its the best I have had the bike running since I put the cams in but my data logs are saying that the VEs are not leveled out. I get myself confused when a cell seems level then moves a lot.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

For best overall performance it is crucial to get your spark timing with enough advance where while mild knock activity is normal and the retard corrects effectively, however the system does not need to apply excessive or large corrections that affect performance negatively.
Has this been done with my Fuel Moto map or is this something I need to do?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Linville Lion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
I can appreciate the forum let me talk in circles trying to learn. The bottom line is probably me and the way I am riding to collect the data. I am going to raise my hit count I had been using 30 and concentrate on quality. I will continue with my current tune and I will start one over with my original fuel moto map. I am not having any issues per se with the map I manually adjusted VEs on bike to me seems to run pretty good honestly its the best I have had the bike running since I put the cams in but my data logs are saying that the VEs are not leveled out. I get myself confused when a cell seems level then moves a lot.
Let me tell you what I have been doing this week....I have a four gauge screen set up for Lambda (AFR), MAP, CLI and AFF. For the CLI and AFF, you can select either front or back cylinder. I reset the trim tables when I load the tune. I run through all of the RPM and MAP possibilities. You will see the CLI table starting to stabilize at 100 +/- 2-3 percent. The AFF table show a number that will turn out to be the amount of change that will be made in each cell. I do not do a data log until the CLI stabilizes around 100. I think you get a cleaner data log if you do not start to track the data until the trim tables get all of the adjustments in place with your new tune.

I am postulating that when the CLI and AFF tables both run 100 +/- 2-3, your VE tables are close.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this and I am wondering if this makes sense to others on the board...

Old 04-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Lion,

Very similiar to what I propose to do. Run data logs and make adjustments. then test ride with CLI showing for front and rear cylinders. When amount of change in the CLI is less than 5 percent....bingo...tune is done.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the VE tables dialed in. What is a good AFR setup for SE204 cams?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Linville Lion
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Yardstick
Lion,

Very similiar to what I propose to do. Run data logs and make adjustments. then test ride with CLI showing for front and rear cylinders. When amount of change in the CLI is less than 5 percent....bingo...tune is done.
I think that what I am doing is a little different. I am checking the VE table with the AFF Gauge. I think that if the AFF table is near 100 percent, the VE table is correct. From what I have seen, the CLI table will track towards 100 percent as the trim table adjusts the VE tables via the O2 sensors. I will not do a log run until the CLI is at or near 100 percent.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 PM
mormak
Stage IV

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The map you are using is not a closed loop calibration. To use PV Log tuner closed loop is required, you will need to change the closed loop area in the AFR table to 14.6 and I recommend setting the Bias tables to 700. If you would like one of our Fuel Moto maps to start with you can send me an email to jamie@fuelmotousa.com

I'm a little confused on this point. Wont changing the bias tables to 700 increase the afr?

Thanks to everyone for all the great information being shared.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mormak
I'm a little confused on this point. Wont changing the bias tables to 700 increase the afr?
Yes, but not much. The O2mv scale is not linear, as seen in the attached graph. The chart gives a range of values showing Lambda, AFR, and O2mv--but not all of these are usable. I've heard 450 should be the minimum (14.68) and 780 the max (14.43). My stock '07 CLB table shows 500-600 in the cruise range, which is between 14.6 and 14.7. I'm not sure why you can't set O2mv higher, but it may be because of a lack of accuracy above a certain point. Note that in the graph the line begins to shift radically to the left in about the area we normally think of as the max.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-lambda-afr-o2mv.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-lambda-o2mv.jpg  

Last edited by iclick; 04-20-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Yes, but not much. The O2mv scale is not linear, as seen in the attached graph. The chart gives a range of values showing Lambda, AFR, and O2mv--but not all of these are usable. I've heard 450 should be the minimum (14.68) and 780 the max (14.43). My stock '07 CLB table shows 500-600 in the cruise range, which is between 14.6 and 14.7. I'm not sure why you can't set O2mv higher, but it may be because of a lack of accuracy above a certain point. Note that in the graph the line begins to shift radically to the left in about the area we normally think of as the max.
We generally set it at 700mv, and 770mv is about as high as we like to see Bias voltage, this is near the limit where the O2 sensors can still accurately control the mixture. Above 800mv and the system does not know the difference between 14:1 and 12:1 AFR as you are outside of the working range of the sensors.

Last edited by fuelmoto; 04-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread