Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I am going to try that will set up a CLI/Lambda

The VEs based off yesterdays 7 data logs no big surprises or big moves either way I made a tune and will continue with that today.

All the spark events are in the high RPM and KPA range I sure did not hear them. In fact if not for acting like a jackwagon on a closed course obviously you could ride all day and not even be up in that range.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Like Heatwave said, you can make your gas-mileage calculations more accurate by using the Trip Center to change the Fuel Used and Distance Traveled parameters. It may take a few tankfuls but it'll zero-in on a reasonably accurate calculation in time. I find that my GPS, odometer, and Distance Traveled values vary somewhat, but I don't know why--and you'll never get the Fuel Used value perfect since you can't always fill the tank the same way every time. I wouldn't use the odometer to figure Distance Traveled, as it is usually not correct. Mine was 2% fast until I calibrated my speedometer, which was originally 4% fast, so now the odometer is 2% slow. That's okay since I'd rather have a correct speedometer than a spot-on odometer. I use the GPS for the correct distance per tankful, but like I said all of these values vary somewhat. I do assume the GPS is the most-accurate measurement of the three, however.

In the Trip Center click on the value itself, like where it shows Fuel Used and Distance Traveled, and it will give you a touch-pad to enter the values you actually realized. For example if it shows that you used 4.21 gal. of gas and you filled with 4.33 you would enter the latter value. From that it will calculate a correction factor that will keep it fairly close from then on. I don't change the MPG value, but rather only Fuel Used and Distance Traveled, which are the two parameters it uses to calculate MPG.
Questions.. for us canadians and Metric countries.. ok.. everyone except USA, is there an option we can use trip center in Km, Liters, KM per liter on the PV ?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:33 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I have recently started having a weird issue. During very gradual roll on acceleration the bike falls flat, like it's being held back. If I keep opening the throttle, I get past that and it opens up again. It is a very noticeable occurrence, and can be replicated. It is independent of speed or gear. It always seems to come on about 20-26% TP around 2250 rpm. Ran a log today and made sure to keep it in the hesitation zone to get a bunch of hits using AT100. I calculated the tune and looked at that area of the new settings. Detected AFR looked good, wasn't lean or too rich. Minor KR events in that area. VE's were also around 1% delta in that area. I am running +3 SA 2250-3000, 30-50kpa. Any ideas?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
I have recently started having a weird issue. During very gradual roll on acceleration the bike falls flat, like it's being held back. If I keep opening the throttle, I get past that and it opens up again. It is a very noticeable occurrence, and can be replicated. It is independent of speed or gear. It always seems to come on about 20-26% TP around 2250 rpm. Ran a log today and made sure to keep it in the hesitation zone to get a bunch of hits using AT100. I calculated the tune and looked at that area of the new settings. Detected AFR looked good, wasn't lean or too rich. Minor KR events in that area. VE's were also around 1% delta in that area. I am running +3 SA 2250-3000, 30-50kpa. Any ideas?

I personallly think the cells in the region where you get the stumble are moving up & down too much. For example, on the front cyl at 25tp and 2250rpms you go from 92.3-93.4-90.0-72.6-79.9 and then at 30tp you go 94.7-92.1-83.7-80.8.

In fact much of your map jumps around far too much from my perspective. As a general rule the cells should gradually increase from left to right and from top to bottom in smooth graduations. This is only a general rule as it doesn't apply everywhere (such as in the very lowest TPs, above 4500 rpms and in the highest TPs) But in the region of the map you are getting stumbles, I believe its due to the lack of smooth transitions in the VE cells.

Try using the "smooth" function in small groupings of cell (12 or so) and see if that eliminates the stumble you're experiencing.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
I think your issue is in the timing tables. Look at the delta between the 70 kpa column and the 80. At 20-26% TP I suspect that is the area you are in. Also you are seeing knock retard in that area and some times the lack of enough timing will fool the ion sensing. Dropping 10+ degrees from 70 to the 80 kpa column just doesnt make sense. Try setting up your tables similar to this an see what happens.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-timing.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Thanks guys! I'll give both a shot and do some testing.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:36 PM
etitanic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
Questions.. for us canadians and Metric countries.. ok.. everyone except USA, is there an option we can use trip center in Km, Liters, KM per liter on the PV ?
You need to change the units default to Metric. Go to Settings then Units and then select Metric. Of course this will cange all your guages, etc, to metric units.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

BeasleyIV.

If you look at the logged WB sensor data...you jump from 16 to 1 to 12.xx to 1. Might just be your bog. Check the requested AF ration and smooth out. Set at 13.5 from 30-70 kpa

Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardstick
BeasleyIV.

If you look at the logged WB sensor data...you jump from 16 to 1 to 12.xx to 1. Might just be your bog. Check the requested AF ration and smooth out. Set at 13.5 from 30-70 kpa
This can be the confusing part as the afr and spark tables are kpa/rpm. The ve tables are tps/rpm. Chances are at 2500 rpm/30% tps you are going to be at 80 kpa or higher on the spark tables, right where there is knock retard activity. The reason for the drop in the afr on the wb sensor data is probably because not only does the ecm pull timing as a reaction to the knock event it will also add fuel regardless of what you ask for on the afr table.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Guys, I compared my SA maps with what I have for the original HD tables. They are so different across the whole table, I'm not sure how it got that way. So I reset SA to factory. Then I smoothed out some of the rough transitions in the VEs. Loaded it up and went for a test run yesterday. The bog is gone. Logged WB AFRs look good for the cells I hit. Overall acceleration was better too. I think it was the SA more than anything. I will continue to monitor. Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread