Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Jamie told me there were some calibration additions but nothing major to his knowledge. I didn't bother upgrading, but I did update PV Tune to 1.2.0.0. The first thing I noticed was that the color-coding option no longer works. It's in Options but does nothing. I find the black on red cell color is difficult to read and suggested that they offer a no-color option (black on white only), which works best for me.

Cool. I check for updates every couple weeks. I remember some time back that Jamie posted that there would be a "Game changing update" where you would be able to do everything with the PV like update your tune with the PV hooked to the bike or something like that. I look forward to those types of changes.

Thanks

Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
What is the samples/sec that the PV records. Isn't the SEPST 1/sec, and the TTS 10/sec?
The PV records ECM data at a rate of approx 15/sec, sample rate limitations are due to the speed of the ECM's data bus. By comparison the PV and WB Auto Tune have the ability to sample several hundred times per second.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The PV records ECM data at a rate of approx 15/sec, sample rate limitations are due to the speed of the ECM's data bus. By comparison the PV and WB Auto Tune have the ability to sample several hundred times per second.
Jamie, can knock control be turned ON/OFF from the PV screen or can it only be modified from within WinPV. Is knock control being considered for tune editing from the PV in the future, if its not available today?

Last edited by Heatwave; 03-29-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
Had same issue....adjusted deceleration enleanment table and solved my popping then was able to increase 20kpa afr from 13.6 to 14.2. FM mentioned in my case not to play with deceleration enleanment mult factor ..I guess I now need to redo my VERY tables with basic tuning using. My PV now..
I agree with FM...I didn't mess with the DE multiplier, I just basically cut the the DE enleanment values in 1/2 from 147* on up

Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a short run today but not long enough to know if my small changes made any difference, although I didn't hear any pops. I've been pulling .01-.02 out for every trial, only ≥205°, which may not be enough unless the tuner wants to proceed at a painstaking pace. I'm going to also take some out down to 118° like you have, though.
Here's a capture of the original DE values from the HD Stage1 map that the PV pulled out as compared to the new values. I just cut the values in 1/2 from 147* on up and that has helped.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-capture2.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-capture1.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Re:

Originally Posted by kcmfg
I just got my PV mounted and everytime I've taken my bike out on a ride with a gauge screen on, the PV stops working and the gauges stop too. It's random when it happens, sometimes it works for 5 minutes and sometimes it's 20. Has anyone else had this issue? Btw I am not logging yet, this is just monitoring with the gauge screens.
How did you run your wires? You can't just run them under the fuel tank, as you will get electrical interference from spark plug wires, etc. Really need to take your fuel tank off, which is not that difficult (get the service manual) and run them along the tray and tie them down, leaving enough room when your handlebars are turned.

TedMan

Old 03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Jamie, can knock control be turned ON/OFF from the PV screen or can it only be modified from within WinPV. Is knock control being considered for tune editing from the PV in the future, if its not available today?
I'm not Jamie, but my tune has a parameter to switch it off. It's in Limits and Switches > Knock Control. Use "1" to enable, "0" to disable.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:25 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SGLarry
Here's a capture of the original DE values from the HD Stage1 map that the PV pulled out as compared to the new values. I just cut the values in 1/2 from 147* on up and that has helped.
My stock values look exactly like yours, so if it pops now with my latest adjustment I'll just plug your values into the table. I'm not that far from them now anyway.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by TedMan
How did you run your wires? You can't just run them under the fuel tank, as you will get electrical interference from spark plug wires, etc. Really need to take your fuel tank off, which is not that difficult (get the service manual) and run them along the tray and tie them down, leaving enough room when your handlebars are turned.
I have mine running along the right-center of the tank close to the wiring tray, between the tank and frame, but I didn't remove the tank in the process. I'm having no problems with this arrangement. OTOH when I was having trouble with my original two-module AT-100 DJ told me to make sure the PV and AT-100 wires weren't too close to a plug wire, but I got the impression "too close" was touching or within an inch or two. The problem was with the old modules not playing well with the PV, and I had to replace them with a new single-module unit.

I wouldn't run PV wires under the tank on the left side, which would probably be too close to the plug wires that are looped around under the tank.

Last edited by iclick; 03-29-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

I'm not Jamie, but my tune has a parameter to switch it off. It's in Limits and Switches > Knock Control. Use "1" to enable, "0" to disable.
Yes, I'm familiar with that switch in the WinPV software. What I'm somewhat unsure about is if there's a tune edit feature on the PV that allows the user to turn the knock control ON/OFF for a particular map file without having to download a file onto a laptop and change the switch in WinPV and the upload it again.

Given the Tune Edit features available directly on the PV, I'm surprised it's not included as an "editable" feature from directly within the PV (or at least I haven't been able to find it if it does exist). It would certainly be a helpful feature to have from my perspective.

If you wanted to run without the knock control feature ON (which can unneccesarily reduce performance under certain circumstances), you would need to use up 2 tuning map slots. One with Knock Control OFF and a second identical map with the Knock Control ON.

The better alternative is to only have the tune loaded to one slot and simply have access from the PV to turn the knock control ON/OFF as needed. Since there's already a list of editable tune features, it would seem this is an easy update if it doesn't already exist.

Last edited by Heatwave; 03-29-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread