Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
hboat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Kranky. I think there will be more knock events in the rear cylinder because it runs hotter.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:20 PM
kranky
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hboat, yes I get that and have the rear cyl. richer to compensate. Why is the spark hit count table exactly the same and why then monitor it? Soooooooo the tables are supposed to be the same and any difference would indicate a problem with spark plug????? But this is for tuning not diagnostics. I just don't understand spark hit.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:47 PM
hboat
Cruiser

I'm no expert either...I'm 2 weeks new to PV...and I'm reading all I can to learn.

I think the # of 'hits' is the # of times during your tuning run that the data logger got a 'hit' at that particular MAP and RPM reading. So, the # of 'hits' is the same, but whether or not there was a knock event is different.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
hboat
Cruiser

The hit count adds reliability to you data. If there are 100's and the results are similar then you're logging a meaningful event. If there are only a few 'hits' (likely at a cell that's hard to reach (eg. High MAP/low RPM), well, then, one might value the data differently.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:56 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kranky
Hboat, yes I get that and have the rear cyl. richer to compensate. Why is the spark hit count table exactly the same and why then monitor it? Soooooooo the tables are supposed to be the same and any difference would indicate a problem with spark plug????? But this is for tuning not diagnostics. I just don't understand spark hit.
You're right that the hit counts would be the same for VE and spark - as they both reflect where the motor is running. Where the spark hit comes into play is if it starts detecting detonation. It will then use this info to reduce your spark advance in those areas.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
You took out quite a bit above 118°. The untested settings I posted Monday almost got rid of the pop, so I went -.01 again before I saw your table. If that doesn't get rid of the pop I'll just set it like you and that should take care of it.
I did, lol! But my bike has always been prone to decel popping no mater what kind of exhaust. It only does when the bike warms up....with these settings coupled with the lowered afr at 20kpa there's not a pop or gurgle. :-) ( There are no leaks and everything is sealed with copper high temp silicone. ) There is such little fuel used at closed throttle so those settings may need more tweaking than you'd think and I don't believe it hurts anything.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:01 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the samples/sec that the PV records. Isn't the SEPST 1/sec, and the TTS 10/sec?

Old 03-28-2012, 06:28 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SGLarry
I did, lol! But my bike has always been prone to decel popping no mater what kind of exhaust. It only does when the bike warms up....with these settings coupled with the lowered afr at 20kpa there's not a pop or gurgle. :-) ( There are no leaks and everything is sealed with copper high temp silicone. ) There is such little fuel used at closed throttle so those settings may need more tweaking than you'd think and I don't believe it hurts anything.
Had same issue....adjusted deceleration enleanment table and solved my popping then was able to increase 20kpa afr from 13.6 to 14.2. FM mentioned in my case not to play with deceleration enleanment mult factor ..I guess I now need to redo my VERY tables with basic tuning using. My PV now..

Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate

I just got my PV mounted and everytime I've taken my bike out on a ride with a gauge screen on, the PV stops working and the gauges stop too. It's random when it happens, sometimes it works for 5 minutes and sometimes it's 20. Has anyone else had this issue? Btw I am not logging yet, this is just monitoring with the gauge screens.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SGLarry
I did a short run today but not long enough to know if my small changes made any difference, although I didn't hear any pops. I've been pulling .01-.02 out for every trial, only ≥205°, which may not be enough unless the tuner wants to proceed at a painstaking pace. I'm going to also take some out down to 118° like you have, though.

Last edited by iclick; 03-28-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread