Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I've been gradually reducing my DE by .01-.02 to get rid of a quick pop at roll-off, usually heard when I shift from 1-2 or 2-3. I have the following values now and would like to know if anyone else is having trouble getting it right and where everyone else has theirs set. Where it is now has mostly gotten rid of it, and I just flashed a tune with -.01 from "Last Tested" that will be checked out today.

------------Stock----Last tested----New untested
205°------- .41 ------- .35 ------------- .34
234°------- .38 ------- .30 ------------- .29
264°+ ---- .34 ------- .26 ------------- .25
Here's my table, seems to work well on my '09

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-capture.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Phochief
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AEaton10
I followed the directions and used the '319245' code. Collected about 4MB of data and I'm still getting zero box hits when I load the log and calculate the tune.

I opened the log file and all of the values that I need are showing. I have a lamda based tune and the cells that I want to tune for are '0.984'... or 14.5AFR. According to the instructions 0.984 is ok for a lamda tune.

What am I doing wrong?
Did you hit Ctrl-E in the PV Log Tuner software to turn on HD-CAN mode?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:03 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

I followed the directions and used the '319245' code. Collected about 4MB of data and I'm still getting zero box hits when I load the log and calculate the tune.

I opened the log file and all of the values that I need are showing. I have a lamda based tune and the cells that I want to tune for are '0.984'... or 14.5AFR. According to the instructions 0.984 is ok for a lamda tune.

What am I doing wrong?
If you're looking at the log and seeing values (VE and New VE), it would seem you are collecting information OK. But, if log tuner is not picking it up, it's ignoring the data for some reason. I'd check the log tuner options and see if something there is limiting what it is using from your logs. (temp, hit count, etc...). Also, your value file does include VE front/rear, AFR, and spark front/rear?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
AEaton10
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phochief
Did you hit Ctrl-E in the PV Log Tuner software to turn on HD-CAN mode?

This was it. I was able to use two log runs from today successfully. We are making progress now. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:34 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was it. I was able to use two log runs from today successfully. We are making progress now. Thanks for the help.
sorry for my ignorance.. whats the Crtl-E HD-Can do when selected in the PV Log Tuner.. ??

Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by papifun
sorry for my ignorance.. whats the Crtl-E HD-Can do when selected in the PV Log Tuner.. ??
Some of the new 2012's have a CAN bus that the ECM communicates on. I think the crtl-E just toggles it into a mode to read the information properly.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Teardrop
Does anyone know what the firmware update does that was just released?
Jamie told me there were some calibration additions but nothing major to his knowledge. I didn't bother upgrading, but I did update PV Tune to 1.2.0.0. The first thing I noticed was that the color-coding option no longer works. It's in Options but does nothing. I find the black on red cell color is difficult to read and suggested that they offer a no-color option (black on white only), which works best for me.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:15 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SGLarry
Here's my table, seems to work well on my '09
You took out quite a bit above 118°. The untested settings I posted Monday almost got rid of the pop, so I went -.01 again before I saw your table. If that doesn't get rid of the pop I'll just set it like you and that should take care of it.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I'm hoping this is a simple question. Is there any way to turn the knock control ON and OFF for a particular map directly from within the PV? Or can the Knock control only be turned ON/OFF from within WinPV?

Which would mean the only way to have a map with knock control ON and the same map with the Knock Control OFF is to use 2 of the 6 slots on the PV.

Can anyone help with this relatively simple question? I don't see any knock control feature in the tune edit menu on the PV, so any direction on how to make this change to a map without the use of a laptop would be appreciated. Thanks
Does anybody have any insight on this early question about turning Knock Control ON/OFF from the PV itself?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 AM
kranky
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spark hit count exactly same for both cyl?

Big learning curve on efi for me. I used the pv logging file, so I dont have the wrong signals. But, I got the exact same spark hit count for both cyl. The actual spark knock numbers were higher for the rear cyl. Somebody please explain this. Thanks, Kranky.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread