Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:40 AM
stevegoetsch
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 CVO roadglide, do these models have a different ecm flash than non CVO Harleys. If so will the CVO flash allow me more room for changes without a different flash. The reason I ask is that I am taking off the stock exhaust and replacing it with a 2010 Roadglide Custom 2 into 1 with the cat. removed and stock CVO muffler. Thanks for input!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:55 AM
Niblet
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OOOOOPPPPPS got the o2 sensors backwards

Yes,, I will admit it,,during my swap from stock to Rinehart true duals
I looked at the service manual and installed the o2psensors per the
picture in the book,,,,problem was my bike had the plugs installed opposite
from the pic in the service manual so I ended up reversing the o2 sensors,,

I did my tuning runs and sent my map off to Jamie at Fuel Moto and he asked me to double check the install of my o2 sensors,,sure enough he was correct!!
so now I will get the o2 sensors set up correctly and do some more tuning runs,,
does anyone know how bad having the o2 sensors reverse is??how could one tell by looking at my fuel MAP?

Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 AM
AEaton10
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TedMan
The easiest way to make sure you are recording all of the signals you need is to use the 319245 code, which will automatically record all of the data you need, which you can then fetch and bring into log tuner. I highly recommend you read Just Dennis' guide (link in his signature line) for details. Quick read and will put you on the right path. Good luck.

TedMan
Thanks. I read through the guide and I'll give the code a try today. Hopefully it works out. I want to get it dialed in before the weather gets hot.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Was riding today and noticed something funny. I'm done with tuning for the time being and just had regular gauges up. One of those is demanded AFR. I just wanted to watch and be sure it looked right according to my table. All is good except for idle after the bike is warm. Once warm the idle showed the wrong AFR, 14.4 which is what I'm using in cruise range. I'd blip the throttle in case something was stuck, no change. In my 20 KPa column I have 13.0 750-2000 and 12.5 2250+. The 27 KPa column is 14.4 750-3000. Idle wouldn't be at 27KPa? I'd think it would be lower. I was going to look for a KPa item for a gauge but forgot about it and had to get home. I'm curious what my KPa is at idle once warm. The AFR table might need adjustment, I don't want to sit in traffic with 14.4 AFR.

Anybody got any ideas?

Having the AFR as one of your gauges is handy. You can see the effects of warm up enrichment, decel enleanment, and acceleration enrichment. It would probably assist those of you having decel popping by seeing what the AFR goes to as you coast to a stop. Mine drops to 12.5 - 12.8 and I don't have any popping. Then once stopped the AFR goes back to 14.4 (which is the above problem).

Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Was riding today and noticed something funny. I'm done with tuning for the time being and just had regular gauges up. One of those is demanded AFR. I just wanted to watch and be sure it looked right according to my table. All is good except for idle after the bike is warm. Once warm the idle showed the wrong AFR, 14.4 which is what I'm using in cruise range. I'd blip the throttle in case something was stuck, no change. In my 20 KPa column I have 13.0 750-2000 and 12.5 2250+. The 27 KPa column is 14.4 750-3000. Idle wouldn't be at 27KPa? I'd think it would be lower. I was going to look for a KPa item for a gauge but forgot about it and had to get home. I'm curious what my KPa is at idle once warm. The AFR table might need adjustment, I don't want to sit in traffic with 14.4 AFR.

Anybody got any ideas?

Having the AFR as one of your gauges is handy. You can see the effects of warm up enrichment, decel enleanment, and acceleration enrichment. It would probably assist those of you having decel popping by seeing what the AFR goes to as you coast to a stop. Mine drops to 12.5 - 12.8 and I don't have any popping. Then once stopped the AFR goes back to 14.4 (which is the above problem).
You can use MAP sensor to see kpa. Idle is around 30+ kpa stock and even higher with cams. I have tuned out almost all my decel popping by tuning the 20 kpa range similar to yours.

I wouldn't worry about it. I leave mine at 14.6 for most of my AFR map and let closed loop handle it except for the 20 kpa column, above 80 kpa columns, and above 4000.

I am thinking of making a 13.8 summer map though just to keep loaded in the PV for those REALLY hot days.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:23 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
You can use MAP sensor to see kpa. Idle is around 30+ kpa stock and even higher with cams. I have tuned out almost all my decel popping by tuning the 20 kpa range similar to yours.

I wouldn't worry about it. I leave mine at 14.6 for most of my AFR map and let closed loop handle it except for the 20 kpa column, above 80 kpa columns, and above 4000.

I am thinking of making a 13.8 summer map though just to keep loaded in the PV for those REALLY hot days.
Yeah, found the sensor and set it up on my gauges for my next ride. I'm running an open loop map and only have the cruise range at 14.4. I'd rather sit at idle around 13.0 If 30+ KPa is idle then I have some adjusting of the AFR table to do. At any rate, next ride I'll find out what my idle KPa is with SE255 cams.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:10 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv

Anybody got any ideas?

Yep, the idle can be at 30 kpa often so just set the 2 cells at 30 kpa (from 750 and 100rpm) to the AFR you would like to see. I noticed the same thing so I set them at 13.8 and that's what I get at idle now.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

I'm hoping this is a simple question. Is there any way to turn the knock control ON and OFF for a particular map directly from within the PV? Or can the Knock control only be turned ON/OFF from within WinPV?

Which would mean the only way to have a map with knock control ON and the same map with the Knock Control OFF is to use 2 of the 6 slots on the PV.

Can anyone help with this relatively simple question? I don't see any knock control feature in the tune edit menu on the PV, so any direction on how to make this change to a map without the use of a laptop would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-25-2012, 02:18 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Niblet
Yes,, I will admit it,,during my swap from stock to Rinehart true duals
I looked at the service manual and installed the o2psensors per the
picture in the book,,,,problem was my bike had the plugs installed opposite
from the pic in the service manual so I ended up reversing the o2 sensors,,

I did my tuning runs and sent my map off to Jamie at Fuel Moto and he asked me to double check the install of my o2 sensors,,sure enough he was correct!!
so now I will get the o2 sensors set up correctly and do some more tuning runs,,
does anyone know how bad having the o2 sensors reverse is??how could one tell by looking at my fuel MAP?
With the sensors installed backwards, you will continue to make adjustments to the wrong vE values and the map would get further and further off. You should just start over with your beginning map and tune from there.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question 1 - in column MAP20 on PV for my 2011 SG, will there be a big differance in MPG and cooling if my AFR is lowered from 14.4 -14.0 to 13.6 ? I have a canned Map from FM. My current MAP from 30-80KPA is all set to 14.4. Dynojet has a perf improved and they set the AFR to 14.0 across..

Question 2 - i have been doing Basic tuning with the PV. The adaptive Control is set to 1 (on) - to what i understand if i tune below 14.2 AFR, i need to select Adaptive control to 0 (off) after I am happy with my VE tables ( open loop) ? is this correct.. Been since last year i played with the PV... began reading all the threads and now i got confused again.... I dont have the AT option with my PV.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread