Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 08:48 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Phochief
Another question....are my Air-Fuel Ratio (Lambda) numbers supposed to change at all after I run the Log Tuner and save a new tune or do they just stay the same unless I manually change the cells? I've got 14.6 in the 20KPa row and wonder if I should lower that number manually? Oh, and the DynoJet tech said it didn't matter if the numbers were 14.6 or 14.7 because it will still run in closed loop.
The Log Tuner changes VE and Spark Advance, not AFR values, and it won't even let you change them manually. The idea is to perfect the VE table based on the AFR's you have specified, and then you can go in and change the AFR in WinPV.

I have mine set at 14.0 at 20kpa from 2500 on down, which is where I had some popping. I'm still getting some transient pop, like one pop immediately after pushing the throttle back when hot, and that requires changing DE values for the pertinent temperature.

I would make your AFR changes and continue to tune, as it will pick-up from the point where you made the changes. I wouldn't make a habit of changing AFR values until the tune is consummated, as once that's done you can go in and change the AFR values at will without doing any further tuning--in theory anyway. This works on my '07 and it amazes me how I can tune for 14.5 in a region, come back later to reset at 13.0, and find that it actually does run 13.0 from then on.

Last edited by iclick; 03-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:50 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
You changed .977 to .980 in the collection/data log after you collected it at .977 than proceed with that log file and run it in log tuner?
No. Just changed the value file. I had a good collection run that I wanted to use. If log tuner doesn't see .980 or higher in the value file, it won't use values in the log file.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
No. Just changed the value file. I had a good collection run that I wanted to use. If log tuner doesn't see .980 or higher in the value file, it won't use values in the log file.

Ok thank you I think I get it.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I thought it would work between .980 and 1.02. Is .981 the real minimum?

From what i've read it says the AFR setting needs to be at 14.6 AFR in order to work in closed loop. If you go into the Air fuel table and type in 14.6 then then uncheck then AFR box top right so the table shows Lambda the cell you changed to 14.6 will read .981 lambda so that is what I am basing my statement on. I did 3 log runs today and couldn't get it to work so what the hell do I know anyway.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Phochief
Advanced

Originally Posted by iclick
I would make your AFR changes and continue to tune, as it will pick-up from the point where you made the changes. I wouldn't make a habit of changing AFR values until the tune is consummated, as once that's done you can go in and change the AFR values at will without doing any further tuning--in theory anyway. This works on my '07 and it amazes me how I can tune for 14.6 in a region, come back later to reset at 13.0, and find that it actually does run 13.0 from then on.
thanks for the explanation. So are the AFR settings in WinPV used by the ECM or are the AFR settings only used by log tuner? I mean, if I have a lot of my AFR cells set to 14.6 now while I do logs, do I need to change the cells to some other setting when I get the bike running good? And how do I know which ones i need to set to something like 13.0? Sorry, I just don't get it. But on a good note, it seems like after doing about eight log runs, my scoot is running smoother and only a rare pop now and then.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The reason none of my logs were actually making any changes to my tune was because I had not turned on HD-CAN by hitting Control-E in the log tuner software.

Is this something that you need to do on just the 2012 year bikes or is it something we all have to do?

Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Teardrop
Is this something that you need to do on just the 2012 year bikes or is it something we all have to do?
This is done only on the bikes using the can system like the new dyna's and softail's.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Alright guys i have a question: I have run over 20 data logging sessions on all types of roads and ridding conditions. My VE tables will change by a few numbers up or down each time data log. I am still experiencing some decel popping ( i have the fuel moto pro touring pipes). These pipes may always have a little popping because it's always been there. Also, my bike just doesnt seem to have the power it should, kinda like its being held back or maybe in a strong head wind but no wind. My question is, should i just contact fuelmoto and get a new map to start over with that is setup differently? I am learing the power vision but i am very ignorant when it comes to changing values on my own. I just data log, calculate tune and apply. Thanks very much for the help!
UPDATE: Sent my tune off to Jamie at Fuelmoto and 15 minutes later he sent me back a revised tune. He adjusted the decel area, timing and throttle blade. The bike runs great now. Decel popping is almost completely gone and the bike seems to be more responsive.
If I run a few logging runs will this affect the changes Jamie made to my tune? It's running very good just needs a little smoothing out. Thanks

Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

So are the AFR settings in WinPV used by the ECM or are the AFR settings only used by log tuner? I mean, if I have a lot of my AFR cells set to 14.6 now while I do logs, do I need to change the cells to some other setting when I get the bike running good?

And how do I know which ones i need to set to something like 13.0? Sorry, I just don't get it. But on a good note, it seems like after doing about eight log runs, my scoot is running smoother and only a rare pop now and then.
These are good questions and instead of addressing them now I'm going to provide an general explanation in a subsequent post. This will cover, as well as I am able, the relationship between the AFR, CLB, and VE tables. It took me about six months to fully grasp these concepts, so I don't doubt that most people will have similar problems.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Fatboy011
Novice
Default Ordered power vision 2 from Fuel Moto

I placed my order for the Power Vision 2 from Fuel Moto for my 2011 Fatboy. i have dealt with Fuel Moto in the past and am always happy with their customer support, so I figured this was my best option. I wanted the TTS Mastertune but I couldn't wait any longer for it to come out. I should get it within the next couple of days. I will post when I get it and how it was to install and use.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread