Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

If anyone is interested, I did get Logtuner to run. All it took was a new computer!

My other one was 7 years old. It had been dying for awhile.

Ran Logtuner for the first time tonight. Have to say, it's pretty impressive. The hardest part is hitting all the cells that you have to while riding. I logged a 30 minute minute ride and had quite a few empties.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Panel preferences,
I use the six sometimes, but mostly stay with the 4 panel, black screen, white letters.
It would be nice if they let us re-order the panels, or delete the ones we don't use. Good Luck, Bob.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:01 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fierofly
I like your idea also but would like to have more then one of each gauge so I can assign different signals to say 2 different 6 ea set and toggle between those 2 also.
Me too.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:20 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Alright guys i have a question: I have run over 20 data logging sessions on all types of roads and ridding conditions. My VE tables will change by a few numbers up or down each time data log. I am still experiencing some decel popping ( i have the fuel moto pro touring pipes). These pipes may always have a little popping because it's always been there. Also, my bike just doesnt seem to have the power it should, kinda like its being held back or maybe in a strong head wind but no wind. My question is, should i just contact fuelmoto and get a new map to start over with that is setup differently? I am learing the power vision but i am very ignorant when it comes to changing values on my own. I just data log, calculate tune and apply. Thanks very much for the help!
UPDATE: Sent my tune off to Jamie at Fuelmoto and 15 minutes later he sent me back a revised tune. He adjusted the decel area, timing and throttle blade. The bike runs great now. Decel popping is almost completely gone and the bike seems to be more responsive.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Phochief
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closed Loop

Just got my PV and flashed a custom tune that DynoJet emailed me for my 2012 Fatboy. Definite improvement, got rid of 99% of the decel popping and seems to be running well. Now I'd like to tweek things using Log Tuner and athough I've read every page of this thread, I'm still confused.

Looking at the PV Basic Instructions someone posted on here, it says "You must have a closed loop calibration to use Log Tuner Basic. To enable closed loop Lambda values must be between .977 and 1.02 or AFR must be 14.6."

Looking at the tune I'm using in WinPV (photo attached), a lot of the values are set to 13.0. Am I supposed to change all of those to 14.6 before running a log?

UPDATE: I think I figured this out....I just set Stoich Value to 14.6 in the PV Log Tuner Software.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-afr.jpg  

Last edited by Phochief; 03-15-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: figured it out.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:47 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Guage-panel changes

Re: The gauge-panel ideas...

We have one user who wants to keep the large analog + 3-digital panel, but everyone else prefers the 4- and 6-gauge panels, preferably more than one of each style. I can see a need for an analog tach for those who don't have one anywhere else.

While riding today I had an idea that maybe DJ could have several firmware versions to select from, each with a different gauge selection. E.g. there could be one with 2 or more of each 4- and 6-gauge panels, another with the original array, etc. This may not be something they would like as it might get confusing, but I'll mention it. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I'll send the feedback you've given to DJ and will report back when I have any new info.

Last edited by iclick; 03-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Phochief
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I followed the PV Tuner Basic instructions but don't see any changes in the graphs or numbers after importing my data logs. This is what I did:

I opened my original tune (the one I had already flashed to the ECM) in WinPV and created a "Value File" by checking VE front, VE rear, AFR or Lambda fuel table, and Front and Rear Spark tables and saving the file.

I then used the 319245 code, rode the bike and made three logs, about 30 minutes each.

I retrieved my logs from the PV and saved them in a folder on my PC.

I opened PV Log Tuner and set the options as instructed. I clicked on Open PVV and imported the Value File. I selected and loaded the log files.

I clicked on Calc Tune.
I clicked on Apply tune
I clicked on Apply PVV and named the new file with an 001 increment to the original file name.

I went back to WinPV and opened the original tune. I imported the newly named Value File by going to File/Load All Values and selected the new PVV file I had just created.

I saved the new tune with File/Save As and named it with an 001 increment.

I clicked on Send Tune and sent the new tune to the PV in an empy slot.

I reflashed my Fatboy with the new tune.

To see what changes had been made, I used the "Compare" feature on WinPV, but I don't see any difference between the original tune and the one I created using the data log files. All the numbers are the same.

What did I do wrong? Please help me.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Re: The gauge-panel ideas...

We have one user who wants to keep the large analog + 3-digital panel, but everyone else prefers the 4- and 6-gauge panels, preferably more than one of each style. I can see a need for an analog tach for those who don't have one anywhere else.

While riding today I had an idea that maybe DJ could have several firmware versions to select from, each with a different gauge selection. E.g. there could be one with 2 or more of each 4- and 6-gauge panels, another with the original array, etc. This may not be something they would like as it might get confusing, but I'll mention it. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I'll send the feedback you've given to DJ and will report back when I have any new info.
Multiple version can be a configuration control nightmare. It would be cleaner to have a form to select the views to display, much like the way we select the signals to log.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Gauge arrangement, cont.

Based on my discussions thus far I think DJ would rather keep the existing gauge panels, including the analog type, but they seem willing to rearrange the order and possibly add duplicates of our favorites. I suggested the following order for the digital panels:

4-gauge (light text, dark background) – Night use
4-gauge (light text, dark background) – Night use

6-gauge (light text, dark background) – Night use
6-gauge (light text, dark background) – Night use

4-gauge (dark text, light background) – Day use
4-gauge (dark text, light background) – Day use

6-gauge (dark text, light background) – Day use
6-gauge (dark text, light background) – Day use

This would give us duplicates of all of the 4- and 6-gauge panels and will put them in groups that should make it easy to scroll from one to the other. E.g., when in daylight the dark-text (black), light-background (white) gauges are bunched together so we can scroll between them easily, and the same goes for the night type (I'm using dark orange text on black).

The analog panels will follow these groupings and for those of us who don't want them they will be out of our hair. How's all that sound?

On another note I've asked them to make the "Start Log" and "End Log" button on the gauge panels easier to read. I find it hard while riding to see whether it is logging or not, and a simple font-color change for one (like red for "End Log") would solve the problem.

Last edited by iclick; 03-16-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Wv7o
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my PV just a just a couple of weeks ago and have only been able to ride a couple of times sense then.

The map I have been using is a preloaded one listed for SE a/c Vance and Hines power duals and 2 in baffles. This tune is a great performer but you can watch the fuel gauge drop as you ride.

I am hoping to try the FM and DJ maps that each sent me when I can, and attempt to modify one that will give me a suitable performer that will give reasonable fuel milage.

I am not chasing a particular dyno number or specific fuel miliage number just 1 that will be just a combo of both.

I have a few questions about my PV that I am looking for some help with.

I am comparing maps that I have from Dynojet and Fuel Moto,

1) Can some one tell me what the green triangle represents. I know the yellow triangle's show differences between the active and compare map but I have some green triangles that show no differences.

I have a map from Fuel Moto that has the speedometer Calibration set to 0 but other maps I have (preloaded and 1 sent to me from Dynojet) show the spedo calibration set to 2206.

2) When I try the Fuel Moto map what will my spedo do?

3) Should I change the spedo calibration from 0 to 2206 in the Fuel Moto map then load it into the bike?

I know that active exhaust is only working if the lambda is set between .980 and 1.02 (using the stock O2 sensors)

4) Should active intake be on or off or when is it used?

Thank you for your help

Last edited by Wv7o; 03-15-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread