Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

My vote is I like your thoughts and agree with what you come up with. I know it does not bother me as much as it does you I dont watch them at all at times. But they are nice to have.

Originally Posted by iclick
Ever since buying the PV a year ago I've been complaining to my contact at DJ about the gauge panels. For my uses there are too many and only the digital type are useful for daylight viewing. They could completely eliminate the analog gauges as far as I'm concerned, and when I did an informal survey here a few months ago others seemed to agree.

Since this isn't the highest priority for PV upgrades I sent my contact another reminder yesterday and received a favorable response today. He asked me how I and others felt about the ordering of the screens, and if any gauges could be eliminated without anyone missing them. I replied that they could nix all the analog gauges and recommended the following order:

(1) 4-gauge (light text, dark background)
(2) 4-gauge (dark text, light background)
(3) 6-gauge (dark text, light background)
(4) 6-gauge (light text, dark background)

I don't use other gauge panels but the remaining digital gauges could be placed after the above in sequence. I use #2 and #3 for daylight use (light background, black text) and toggling between them would be much easier if they were together. I have #1 and #4 set up as night gauges (black background, dark orange text), but I use these very rarely.

I'd like to get ideas from everyone who uses the gauge panels on (1) order preferred and (2) what gauges you could live without. I suggested a separate selection screen where we could check or uncheck those to be viewed, but based on the email I received today I think they are thinking more about an easier solution, to eliminate some gauges and re-order those that remain.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever since buying the PV a year ago I've been complaining to my contact at DJ about the gauge panels. For my uses there are too many and only the digital type are useful for daylight viewing. They could completely eliminate the analog gauges as far as I'm concerned, and when I did an informal survey here a few months ago others seemed to agree.

Since this isn't the highest priority for PV upgrades I sent my contact another reminder yesterday and received a favorable response today. He asked me how I and others felt about the ordering of the screens, and if any gauges could be eliminated without anyone missing them. I replied that they could nix all the analog gauges and recommended the following order:

I don't use other gauge panels but the remaining digital gauges could be placed after the above in sequence. I use #2 and #3 for daylight use (light background, black text) and toggling between them would be much easier if they were together. I have #1 and #4 set up as night gauges (black background, dark orange text), but I use these very rarely.

I'd like to get ideas from everyone who uses the gauge panels on (1) order preferred and (2) what gauges you could live without. I suggested a separate selection screen where we could check or uncheck those to be viewed, but based on the email I received today I think they are thinking more about an easier solution, to eliminate some gauges and re-order those that remain.
I like your idea also but would like to have more then one of each gauge so I can assign different signals to say 2 different 6 ea set and toggle between those 2 also.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Linville Lion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fierofly
I like your idea also but would like to have more then one of each gauge so I can assign different signals to say 2 different 6 ea set and toggle between those 2 also.
I support iclick's original proposal. I also agree that more of the six panel screens might be good. I have tried to find a use for the analog gauges and find them worthless for me.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the analog display with 3 digital fields as my primary display!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

I agree with both your gauge selection and the order of priority. +1

Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratbob
I use the analog display with 3 digital fields as my primary display!
Okay, that's one vote for the analog + triple-digital panel. Since posing this question a few months ago you're the only one who reports using any of the analog gauges. What parameter are you monitoring with the analog gauge? Can you see it in daylight?

To others who've responded, I like the idea of multiple six-gauge panels and will send that and other suggestions on to DJ in a day or two. Keep the suggestions coming.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
etitanic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the 4 gauge #2 the most - mainly because I like to see the larger text. Ya I know getting older... I do not use the analog for anything.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, that's one vote for the analog + triple-digital panel. Since posing this question a few months ago you're the only one who reports using any of the analog gauges. What parameter are you monitoring with the analog gauge? Can you see it in daylight?
No problems seeing my Tach in daylight. I ususally monitor gallons used, engine temp, and battery voltage in the digital panels, but when I want to monitor a different parameter I just change this guage so that I can keep my analog tach. I've tried using the tach in a digital read-out but it's just not the same for me. My mind can process the analog guage a lot quicker as I scan past the PV down to the speedo.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To others who've responded, I like the idea of multiple six-gauge panels and will send that and other suggestions on to DJ in a day or two. Keep the suggestions coming.
Maybe swap some of the graphs for 6 panels. I don't mind the current number of options just that some don't seem to have much value..at least to me. I don't think I'd want to see an increase in the number of available screens though.

Wouldn't mind having ET show on the 'special code' logging grid screen though.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it possiable to put ALL the gauges in the SOFTWARE and then download the ones we want to use and maybe customized by US into the PV???

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread