Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:48 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Easy Mounting Hardware

I've seen some posts from a few looking for decent easy on/off mounting hardware. This mount from Leader MC Products has been working great for me:

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/PROD/ED-CH-GPS.html

It's chrome and it doesn't look bad on the bars when the PV is removed. It basically just slides in and out of the mount in about 2 seconds! It comes with a a safety screw if you're worried about it coming off. I haven't used the screw and have had no problems. I also counter sunk some holes in the mounting plate so the screws on the back plate would be flush. It works great for gps's too. They also have a movable extention that gives you the ability to put it at any angle you want, but the mount alone works fine for me.

Larry

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-img_1831.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-img_1826.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-img_1825.jpg   Power Vision Information Thread-img_1827.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Larry,
That mount is the best looking one I've seen, by far.
...but I'm still sticking with my ugly RAM mounts!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using Dynojet's Visor and their Techmount. The PV just clips in and out without issue.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I've been using Dynojet's Visor and their Techmount. The PV just clips in and out without issue.
Exactly how does it clip right in and out? I have the one from FuelMoto too and you have to remove the 4 screws on the back or the single nuckle screw to take it off. I never saw a click in or out on mine.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SGLarry
I've seen some posts from a few looking for decent easy on/off mounting hardware. This mount from Leader MC Products has been working great for me:

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/PROD/ED-CH-GPS.html

It's chrome and it doesn't look bad on the bars when the PV is removed. It basically just slides in and out of the mount in about 2 seconds! It comes with a a safety screw if you're worried about it coming off. I haven't used the screw and have had no problems. I also counter sunk some holes in the mounting plate so the screws on the back plate would be flush. It works great for gps's too. They also have a movable extention that gives you the ability to put it at any angle you want, but the mount alone works fine for me.

Larry
That's the best looking one I've seen. Do they make it for a GPS that will be secure too or just the clip in and out ones. I want to mount the GPS permanently so I don't have to take it off every time I stop at a restaurant.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
Larry, that mount is the best looking one I've seen, by far. ...but I'm still sticking with my ugly RAM mounts!
I agree on both counts. I have my Zumo on a Ram mount so it seemed logical to match it with another Ram for the PV. I don't mind the look and they put the devices closer for better viewing, plus they offer quite a bit of movement to position them the way you want.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flinter
Taking it off the bike to bring it into the computer room is a pain. I really wish there was an easy on/off for the mount.
The aforementioned quick-release kit comes with a chrome (61300056) or black (61300054) hood. The chrome hood looks cheap (plastic) and I painted mine black, which looks better. I would recommend the black version. With this kit the PV just pops off, and the holding mechanism looks to be sturdy. I removed it to paint the hood and never re-installed it. I don't need the quick-release feature and am not sure the hood makes much of a difference, but if you use a desktop computer to link with the PV I would think it would be a necessity.

I can't get Logtuner to open on my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Everytime I try to open it, I get a message saying that it has to close and asking me if I want to send an error report to Microsoft.
I haven't heard of this problem and would recommend calling DJ tech support for help. It should work on any OS back to XP, but may require specific service packs. I have XP SP3 and have never had a problem.

If I had this problem I would uninstall LT, delete any reference to "Power Vision" in the registry, and then try to install it again--but you should play in the registry only if you are familiar with it.

Last edited by iclick; 03-12-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flinter
After riding all day I'm not 100% sure that what I call decel popping is popping at all. I'm begining the think most of it is just my exhaust (Big Shot Staggards).

I rode behind a guy once who had problems with decel popping and I remember hearing it as a "CRACK>>CRACK" . Most of mine is Blup-blup.

My other hint is that it isn't changing based on how much fuel I give it. Every now and then I'll hear an undeniable pop...but mostly it's that gurgle.

Lmao...if that makes any sense!

I think I'll check out my intake (intake and pipes are new) to make sure there isn't a leak tomorrow.
Yeah, check for leaks at the head. Spray some WD-40, carb cleaner, or whatever and listen for any change in idle RPM.

What you describe wouldn't be "decel pop" to me, which is a distinct and irritating popping sound (like turbocharged popcorn popping), and I don't think you can tune the "blup-blup" sound out. Most of us use straight-through mufflers and that's just part of the territory, IMO. I would put the VE and DE values back to the way they were and just live with the gurgling.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:09 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Udawg
Exactly how does it clip right in and out? I have the one from FuelMoto too and you have to remove the 4 screws on the back or the single nuckle screw to take it off. I never saw a click in or out on mine.
That must've been an earlier model, possibly one FM created, as the DJ kit like I have has no knuckle screw. It clips to the top and bottom recessed areas of the PV and looks to be sturdy. OTOH if it did pop out the cable(s) would keep it from getting away from you, I would think, but Jamie told me he had not heard of any problems.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool

I am using this Arkon AMPS-4 Bar Mount

5 tuning runs so far and it is solid. No movement at all. Oh, you can buy a few of these for the cost of the techmount. I paid $16 shipped from Amazon.

Here it is mounted on my Street Bob:

Last edited by jmeiers; 03-12-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread