Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Teardrop
I just tried to download the new software but a window poped up and said I had a newer version.
They must've pulled it, as it isn't there anymore. I definitely saw it the other day with a "latest update" shown as 03/02/12. The version up there now is 1.0447, which dates back to August.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
They must've pulled it, as it isn't there anymore. I definitely saw it the other day with a "latest update" shown as 03/02/12. The version up there now is 1.0447, which dates back to August.
Yep. Maybe they weren't ready for the next version. I will be installing cams this weekend and after that I will be doing some data log runs. After reading all the threads and asking a couple questions I think I have it down with the exception of setting retarding the spark tables. if the cells has 45.00 and I set it to 42.00 would that be retarding the timing 3*.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. Maybe they weren't ready for the next version. I will be installing cams this weekend and after that I will be doing some data log runs. After reading all the threads and asking a couple questions I think I have it down with the exception of setting retarding the spark tables. if the cells has 45.00 and I set it to 42.00 would that be retarding the timing 3*.
Yes, you've got it right.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So do you subtract 3 from the whole table or just above a set RPM?

Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 AM
bohica48
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fierofly
I would think you would subtract 3 degrees in the cells where you have your lambda set at 0.981, closed loop.

FWIW, my map from Fuel Moto had lambda set at 0.981 from 20-80Kpa, 750-4000 rpm's. Jamie said that I did not need to reduce timing with this current map but if i wanted to extend it out further then I would need to reduce timing.....

Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Fierofly
I think it's easier to reduce for the entire table, via the upper left hand corner, and then you can easily add it back in via the same method once you've got your VE's close and you re-enable knock detection. From there, continue on to fine tune VE's and spark advance.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bohica48
FWIW, my map from Fuel Moto had lambda set at 0.981 from 20-80Kpa, 750-4000 rpm's. Jamie said that I did not need to reduce timing with this current map but if i wanted to extend it out further then I would need to reduce timing.....
Jamie's timing maps are very good and close. After several runs, I've only had to reduce timing in one cell so far. Once I get my VE's finalized, I may start increasing the timing a little to see how much it will actually take. I'll add 2 - 3 degrees for the entire map, and then see where it reduces after data logging; continuing this trend until I start introducing pinging in multiple cells. Once I get a good feel for what it tolerates, then reduce timing a 2-3 degrees across the board for a safety margin.

Last edited by ColoSpgsMark; 03-06-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 355 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I'll add 2 - 3 degrees for the entire map, and then see where it reduces after data logging; continuing this trend until I start introducing pinging in multiple cells. Once I get a good feel for what it tolerates, then reduce timing a 2-3 degrees across the board for a safety margin.
You should be a little bit carefull with this stategy, as common as it is. There are a lot of places in the timing tables that are not spark limited. You will still be adding timing and the only thing that is happening is your power is going down.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
You should be a little bit carefull with this stategy, as common as it is. There are a lot of places in the timing tables that are not spark limited. You will still be adding timing and the only thing that is happening is your power is going down.
Good point - thanks!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I am just running the fuelmoto map provided and doing multiple log runs with it in various ridding conditions. I dont plan on getting very deep into the tuning (adjusting timing). Should i be? Or am i ok just data logging the fuelmoto map and then leave the tuning alone? Thanks

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread