Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
elwoodto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if I'm reading this right, Fuel Moto will send a map to me then I can flash it to my ecm.
I have a 05 Road King and it'll work? This seems a lot easier then what I've been reading about the HD tuner. New to this but the videos I've watched it seems this system is more user friendly.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by elwoodto
So if I'm reading this right, Fuel Moto will send a map to me then I can flash it to my ecm.
I have a 05 Road King and it'll work? This seems a lot easier then what I've been reading about the HD tuner. New to this but the videos I've watched it seems this system is more user friendly.
I think the O2 sensors were added in 2006 so your Road King is fuel injected but doesn't have O2 sensors right? You should call Fuel Moto and talk to them to see if the 05 is supported.

But to answer your other question, the PV can be very simple to use - just plug and flash, but it also has a lot of capability to adjust almost anything you want in the calibration.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Low speed overheat

I was over in Gatlinburg Tn last summer stuck in bumber to bumper traffic through town and got some really high ET. We finally parked for a bit and then managed to escape. I don't want to go through that again. I know this isn't uncommon. A couple of questions regarding possible ways to reduce the heat experienced at low speeds. My stock Dyna tune has EITMS set to 1. Does this have any impact on AFR calcs since the Dynas don't actually have the EITMS and should I set it to 0? TTS has some pretty comprehensive documentaion on using their system. One of their suggestions is to add some timing advance to the idle region. They're saying it can have a significant impact on heat build-up. Has anyone here tried that and have you had success with it? How much advance did you add and in what ranges?

Thx folks for all the input, it's appreciated.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:27 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

What year Dyna do you have? EITMS is functional on the Dyna line. I don't know why you think it isn't.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Principles of Tuning Programmable EFI Systems

I hope this helps others.
I found this on another website:
http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

It kinda explains everything and principals in tuning an EFI system.
It's not for the PV but I think the theory is the same.

So for those who don't know, but want to know everything about the tuning principal, this may help.

I'm still confused about the tuning process.
But I'll try to read through all this and hopefully understand it enough that one day I will be knowledgeable and confident enough to tune my bike with the PV.
For now I will just use the the canned maps Fuel Moto put in my PV.

I wish Fuel Moto or Dynojet would just make a start to finish video with all the details, on how to use the PV to tune your bike.
It would make life a lot easier.

Last edited by Jester750; 02-22-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a 2009. My brain picked that up and made it a fact from somewhere. It thought EITMS was only functional on the Touring models.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Yes, slight decel popping can be corrected adjusting DE. To increase fuel delivered, reduce the value. Reduce it by 20% or so and see if it makes a difference. If it gets worse go the other way.

If it is stubborn and can't be corrected by adjusting the DE, you can adjust the 20KPA column of the AFR table. Normally, decel popping is caused by a lean condition so try enriching the 20 kpa column by up to 1 AFR above the 30 kpa column at the affected RPM. So if it is 14.6 at 2000 RPM and below in the 30 kpa column, set the AFR to something like 13.8 in the 20kpa column.
Hey JD. Nice explanation. The nice thing here, no matter what EFI tuner you use TTS, SEPST, PV, these are concepts that can be utilized accross the spectrum to solve these issues. Just think about the knowledge that everyone is gaining by now seeing how changes they make to each areas of the map changes how the bike runs. The nice thing about it.. hard to blame the EFI tuner for a poor running bike, it now falls into the hands of the operator

Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Default VE cells maxxed out questions

I am tuning a 120" motor. I have had to set the engine size to 130" because of too many cells in F & R ve tables maxxing out at 127. It has the 58mm TB and 5.3 injectors. The exhaust is a Fuel Moto headpipe with 3" Rinehart slip on's. I is in the 3-3500 range where this is happening and the front cyl is the worse of the two. I can only get the a/f down to 15-1 in that area. BTW have 13-1 set for tuning the VE tables. Changing mufflers helped but the customer wants to keep the existing muffs.

Anyone got an idea? Of course I am using the PV for tuning or I would never have posted here.

Thanks,
Capt. Dave

Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 AM
captdave221
Intermediate

Originally Posted by captdave221
I am tuning a 120" motor. I have had to set the engine size to 130" because of too many cells in F & R ve tables maxxing out at 127. It has the 58mm TB and 5.3 injectors. The exhaust is a Fuel Moto headpipe with 3" Rinehart slip on's. I is in the 3-3500 range where this is happening and the front cyl is the worse of the two. I can only get the a/f down to 15-1 in that area. BTW have 13-1 set for tuning the VE tables. Changing mufflers helped but the customer wants to keep the existing muffs.

Anyone got an idea? Of course I am using the PV for tuning or I would never have posted here.

Never mind I figured it out. Made it a 140!

Thanks,
Capt. Dave
Got it taken care of. Using a phone is not easy.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM
bohica48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of questions.

For tuning in closed loop I have my lambda set at 0.981 in cells from 20-80 Kpa, 750-4000 RPM. I have made numerous tuning runs at my normal driving style varying speed and rpm’s, my VE deltas are 1 or less, is this close enough? Yesterday I noticed when stopped at a long traffic light my ET got to 302F, just before this at 70 mph I saw 225F. I assume this is due to the Lambda/AFR being too high. Looking at the PV at idle I was getting hits at 30Kpa and 1000rpm.

So if my VE’s are GTG, I would like to richen it up for more power outside the cruise range and cooling at idle. For fuel mileage , I was thinking of keeping lambda at 0.981 in the 2500-3000rpm range, for power, changing lambda in 20-80Kpa and 750-2250 RPM range to 0.959 (14.1), does this make sense? At idle, should I set the cell 30Kpa and 1000rpm to something like 0.939 (13.8) to help with cooling?

Thanks in advance…….

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread