Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:53 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is a good explanation of what acceleration enrichment is. I have never really had to mess with this stuff in the Harley calibrations. This is all a real challenge getting your head around in the PC5 world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ItkpVofKLw

Beast

Old 02-18-2012, 11:40 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok so i got my pv today and after loading my fuel moto tune it asked me if i wanted to reset my fuel trim values and that it was only if i changed my air/fuel tables or something like that so i said no. do i need to reflash and say yes? it asks me this everytime i try to flash

Old 02-19-2012, 06:40 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

It is totally normal to see a rise in MAP whenever you have an increase in throttle position. Looking at your data, that looks just fine. A rise in MAP will have a matching drop in AFR.

Beast

Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx for the input fellas. This is quite the learning experience. I think I neglected to realize that 20 or 30 lines of a log is probably a half second or whatever. And that small changes could easily be an erradic throttle hand or something.
Another question I have is, can slight decel popping be corrected with adjustments to "deceleration enleanment"?
I have very little, but hey, if I can make it better yet, right?

Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

The answer to this questions depending if you have MAP based tuning or TPS based tuning. To kill decel popping, raise the VE in the zero TPS column or in the low MAP area of the VE table. I was tuning with narrow bands first. Later when I want to widebands, the VE went way up in my zero TPS column. I wound up maxing out the VEs in this column from about 3000 to 6000 to get the AFR correct.

Beast

Old 02-19-2012, 09:35 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,130 Likes on 1,345 Posts

Originally Posted by RLE
Im looking over the first log I did. I notice that out of nowhere, under no hard acceleration or deceleration, my afr drops from the usual 14.5-14.6 down to 12-1. The only other value I see that changes is kpa drops considerably at the exact same times the afr ratio drops. Why would this be?
I am running stock o2 sensors and did the log off of Jamie at fuel moto's map; one that runs great.
What does kpa even mean? Some sort of manifold pressure?
The AFR you are looking at in your log referst to the AFR table in your calibration, not actually measured AFR. If you seeing 12.X in your log you will be able to reference this in your calibration. If this occurs at low MAP take a look at the TPS and you are likely looking at a decelleration event. Hope this info helps and if you need any assistance just let me know

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-20-2012, 06:32 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The AFR you are looking at in your log referst to the AFR table in your calibration, not actually measured AFR. If you seeing 12.X in your log you will be able to reference this in your calibration. If this occurs at low MAP take a look at the TPS and you are likely looking at a decelleration event. Hope this info helps and if you need any assistance just let me know

You were right. Those events do correlate. With only 20 or so lines of the log showing this I figure I must have just let off the throttle for a second. Thanks for the assistance. Also thanks to the others on this forum who have chimed in and helped me out.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdc rider
ok so i got my pv today and after loading my fuel moto tune it asked me if i wanted to reset my fuel trim values and that it was only if i changed my air/fuel tables or something like that so i said no. do i need to reflash and say yes? it asks me this everytime i try to flash
If you are flashing a new map, you should reset the fuel trims if you change VE, AFR , etc anything to do with fuel. Resetting just starts the learned trims over. Just say yes when reflashing a map and you will be fine.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RLE
Thanx for the input fellas. ...
Another question I have is, can slight decel popping be corrected with adjustments to "deceleration enleanment"?
I have very little, but hey, if I can make it better yet, right?
Yes, slight decel popping can be corrected adjusting DE. To increase fuel delivered, reduce the value. Reduce it by 20% or so and see if it makes a difference. If it gets worse go the other way.

If it is stubborn and can't be corrected by adjusting the DE, you can adjust the 20KPA column of the AFR table. Normally, decel popping is caused by a lean condition so try enriching the 20 kpa column by up to 1 AFR above the 30 kpa column at the affected RPM. So if it is 14.6 at 2000 RPM and below in the 30 kpa column, set the AFR to something like 13.8 in the 20kpa column.

Last edited by JustDennis; 02-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
If you are flashing a new map, you should reset the fuel trims if you change VE, AFR , etc anything to do with fuel. Resetting just starts the learned trims over. Just say yes when reflashing a map and you will be fine.
thanks

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread