Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,130 Likes on 1,345 Posts

Dynojet Power Vision now gives you the option of tuning multiple bikes with the purchase of an additional Power Vision Tune License. These licenses will cost $199.00 and there will also be special pricing for tuning shops. There is NO limit to the amount of ECM’s that can be tuned with a single Power Vision, however each ECM will require a specific Power Vision Tune License. For additional information you can contact Fuel Moto at jamie@fuelmotousa.com or Dynojet at pvtech@dynojet.com

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 PM
dropone
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Dynojet Power Vision now gives you the option of tuning multiple bikes with the purchase of an additional Power Vision Tune License. These licenses will cost $199.00 and there will also be special pricing for tuning shops. There is NO limit to the amount of ECM’s that can be tuned with a single Power Vision, however each ECM will require a specific Power Vision Tune License. For additional information you can contact Fuel Moto at jamie@fuelmotousa.com or Dynojet at pvtech@dynojet.com

It’s a definite winner now.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

That sounds pretty good to me. So if you sold bike you can take tuner with you to next bike foe $200.? Seems reasonable to me.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:38 AM
spelk3
Club Member

I've been doing a lot of logging and tuning and my VE's never seem to reach a steady state. Here is my front VE after 12 iterations running with a AT-110 hooked up:
Name:  VEfr012.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  84.9 KB

What am I doing wrong?

Bike is a '09 FLSTF with SE air cleaner, Zippers filter and Patriot Defender 2into1 exhaust. I'm tuning it with the exhaust valve closed first. I need it quiet for commuting. Once I get the quiet tune figured out I'll open the exhaust valve and make a LOUD tune for that configuration.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spelk3
I've been doing a lot of logging and tuning and my VE's never seem to reach a steady state. Here is my front VE after 12 iterations running with a AT-110 hooked up:

What am I doing wrong?
Well, let's start with the blue cell at 1500RPM. You should never have two adjoining cells with a 60+ difference in value. So you could manually edit that cell, and the one next to it, to about 88. Then check the rear VE, you probably have a similar reading. Then run some more logs.
In the RPMs between 1200 and 2000, it is very hard to get a high hit-count. I spend time in the parking lot, in first and second gear, and also use my cruise control in the higher gears, to get hits in those areas.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM
spelk3
Club Member

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
Well, let's start with the blue cell at 1500RPM. You should never have two adjoining cells with a 60+ difference in value. So you could manually edit that cell, and the one next to it, to about 88. Then check the rear VE, you probably have a similar reading. Then run some more logs.
In the RPMs between 1200 and 2000, it is very hard to get a high hit-count. I spend time in the parking lot, in first and second gear, and also use my cruise control in the higher gears, to get hits in those areas.
I was not doing any smoothing while I was tuning. I have since done a smooth on the both the VE tables and did some more logging/tuning today.

Here is the latest front VE after smoothing the entire table:
Name:  VEfinal.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  84.7 KB

Looks a bit better.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

Originally Posted by spelk3
I was not doing any smoothing while I was tuning. I have since done a smooth on the both the VE tables and did some more logging/tuning today.

Here is the latest front VE after smoothing the entire table:
Looks a bit better.
Looks much better. I'm sure it'll RUN much better too!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Kworse
Stage I

Just flashed my ecm with a dynojet map i can't see my self doing any tuning is it an issue if i reset my fuel trims? sorry new to all this!!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Kworse
Just flashed my ecm with a dynojet map i can't see my self doing any tuning is it an issue if i reset my fuel trims? sorry new to all this!!
I always reset the trims when I load a different map. I sometimes wonder why they even ask if you want to rest the trims. Why wouldn't they be reset automatically when you flash a new map? I can think of only one instance where you would not need to reset the trims: If the map you are flashing is basically the same as the previous one, except for changes to the map that have nothing to do with the tuning of the bike (such as the fuel mileage calculation). But even then, no harm would be done if the trims were reset. Your bike will re-learn everything it needs to know...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Question about PV. I have used the thundermax and PCV in the past. When you wanted to change a/f ratio...you just go to the table and change it...the feedback from the WBO2 would let the software make the change.

This thread talks alot about VE. I understand the principle and definition of VE. Here is the question. Once you have dataloged and got your VE tables to model the airflow for your bike....do you just adjust the a/f (lambda) to get the a/f you want (even outside closed loop)?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread