Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
I have been using the 319245 code and it is a big help. One other question, how will i know when the tuning is at the optimal levels? The only changes being made each time are to the VE tables. Will these stop adjusting once at the optimal levels? I am on my 4th tuned map. Thanks so much for the info.
The 319235 code works excellent, they will be adding a few more readable channels in that tuning screen such as engine temp which will be very helpful. As far as the tune itself there will always be delta's even in a perfectly tuned EFI system, the key is getting them narrowed down so the integrator only has minimal work to maintain the lambda target. If your deltas remain within 3-4% this would be considered very well tuned.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-17-2012, 11:13 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks, I will probably do a few more tuning runs and just leave it alone. The bike runs very well. It does have some decel popping but that is getting worked out. I am ignorant (but learning) when it comes to all this tuning. I start a log run, ride the bike as suggested by FM and JD and stop the log when I get to my destination. I run another log for my ride home. I then combine and choose both logs when uploading by holding down the Ctrl key. The largest area of difference I see when comparing the old map and the new map I just created is the VE tables. A good bit of the boxes change value by a few #'s some will change from for example 87 to 90, some will go down by a few #'s and others only move a point or two. I am not sure if I should be looking at another value when comparing? Sorry to be long winded. Thanks again!!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Thanks, I will probably do a few more tuning runs and just leave it alone. The bike runs very well. It does have some decel popping but that is getting worked out. I am ignorant (but learning) when it comes to all this tuning. I start a log run, ride the bike as suggested by FM and JD and stop the log when I get to my destination. I run another log for my ride home. I then combine and choose both logs when uploading by holding down the Ctrl key. The largest area of difference I see when comparing the old map and the new map I just created is the VE tables. A good bit of the boxes change value by a few #'s some will change from for example 87 to 90, some will go down by a few #'s and others only move a point or two. I am not sure if I should be looking at another value when comparing? Sorry to be long winded. Thanks again!!
You are doing a great job with the product, if your VE values only change by a few numbers for each session you have it tuned right where you want it. Well Done!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:29 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Mbarz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my power vision just before the holidays. Since I live were there is cold and snow I really have not had a chance to really getting any good tune logs. Ran a few to try to figure out the PV and still learning. So I have been trying to pick up any info on this thread before I start riding again when the weather breaks. I wanted to know what is the 319245 code that you selected. And I put in the tune that Dynojet has on their web page, is there a big difference in the tune that Fuel Moto has. When the weather breaks I am going to try a tune from Fuel Moto, just wanted to know before I start.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,335 Likes on 2,527 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbarz
I wanted to know what is the 319245 code that you selected.
one of your home screens on the pv has a box that says 'enter code'. if you type that code in, it automatically selects the fields that you need in order to do a proper datalog. you don't have to go in and select/deselect the channels you want to log, it does it for you.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:30 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
one of your home screens on the pv has a box that says 'enter code'. if you type that code in, it automatically selects the fields that you need in order to do a proper datalog. you don't have to go in and select/deselect the channels you want to log, it does it for you.
If you want to give it a try, use back to return to the home screen on the PV, then go to "settings", "enter code" and then enter the 319245 to enter "Autotune Datalogger"

It will set up all the channels you need to log plus give you a screen that shows which cells you are hitting in the map as you ride. Don't forget to start the log on that screen and you should be logging all the data you need.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

deleted

Last edited by Yardstick; 01-22-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Mbarz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I will give that a try when I do my next log run.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry, I just asked a question and found the answer...

Last edited by Flinter; 01-23-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread