Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

When you hit "Start Log", you should see (in small, scrolling letters right next to the button), the filename that is being created, something like log0001.csv, then the filesize, like 2.8MB, then the free space on your PV, like 98% free.
Ok, I do see this happening. I was expecting to see a graph or something.

But this "Pop-up" window you speak of, does it occur when you hit "start log" on the PV, or is this something happening when it's hooked to your computer? These clues are important, and so is the exact wording of these pop-ups. If it happens again, take a picture of it. Might be worth a thousand words...
The window pops up when I go into the log tuner on my PC, click on PVV and choose my value folder. I tried it twice closely reading the FM instructions and it comes up the same each time. "PE only supports VE and AFR value tables" I am at work now but will take a pic of the pop up when I get home. I can click on the OK button and it will take me to the chart but there are 0's in every box even when I try and upload my data log file.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:37 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Here is a pic of the pop up.

Found invalid tables. PE tuner app only supports VE and AFR value tables.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:57 PM
bohica48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Here is a pic of the pop up.

Found invalid tables. PE tuner app only supports VE and AFR value tables.
In WinPV did you first create a Value File from your loaded map by selecting/clicking on the box for VE front, VE rear, AFR or Lambda fuel table, and Front and Rear Spark tables then save as a pvv file.

You then import this file into Log Tuner by selecting Open PVV.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:58 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

I followed the instructions per fuel moto and justdennis. This popped up each time. I tried it all again and no pop up. I was then able to apply all my logs and create a new map.
I have no idea what i did different but it worked great.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:54 PM
bohica48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I followed the instructions per fuel moto and justdennis. This popped up each time. I tried it all again and no pop up. I was then able to apply all my logs and create a new map.

I know it can be intimidating at first, but once you go through it a couple of times it gets easier.... Glade you got it worked out....

Old 01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Just saw your note.. but glad you got the issue worked out. It gets easier to use once you do it a few times. Good luck and let us know if there are any questions.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:25 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,335 Likes on 2,527 Posts

Originally Posted by bohica48
After reading all 162 pages of this thread and the positive feedback on the PV I decided to take the plunge. Called Fuel Moto and ordered the Power Vision and FM Stage 1 AC, got them installed Saturday. Yesterday went on an 80 mile ride and I have to say I could feel more noticeable power, no popping or pinging. Fuel Moto said they had a good map for my setup and they were right, great customer service here…

Even though the bike runs well I want learn more about how these engines run and the PV capabilities, so I thought I would setup the PV to do some tuning runs. I went to Fuel Moto’s Tuning Tips website and it looked straight forward. Steps 1 & 2 were no problem; however step 3 is where I’m confused. When I go to Datalog / Signals I can see a list of channels but it’s not clear to me how to “Configure your Power Vision to datalog the following channels.” Do you select the channel then select add, or is it going to log all of those channels automatically? Could this sequence have changed in newer FW updates?

Thanks in advance…
Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
All the signals should be listed by default. You can either delete all the signals, then add only the ones you need, or try to only delete the ones you don't need from the original list.
There might not be any harm in logging extra or un-needed signals, but I prefer to log only the signals required by the Log-Tuner.

or couldn't he just type in the 319245 code?

Old 01-17-2012, 06:51 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
or couldn't he just type in the 319245 code?
Yes he could. That feature sets up the needed channels and brings up a logging screen that shows what areas of the map you are logging the data. I really like that feature and it helps me hit all the different ranges.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:08 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been using the 319245 code and it is a big help. One other question, how will i know when the tuning is at the optimal levels? The only changes being made each time are to the VE tables. Will these stop adjusting once at the optimal levels? I am on my 4th tuned map. Thanks so much for the info.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

If there are any additional tables other than VE F/R, Spark F/R, and Lambda (AFR) the popup will come up noting there is a table in your value file that is not supported

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread