Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011 | 09:46 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Another head exploding here. I got my PV today and started playing. I'm comparing 2 tunes and going through all the differences. I notice that in the custom tune from DJ there are things missing compared to the stock tune, like 'Closed Loop', 'Close Throttle Spark', 'MPG Adjustment'. So if the custom tune doesn't have these tables, what happens to those values if the tune on the bike currently has those? Does the flash only overwrite the values listed? Is there a way to get a missing table from the stock tune to the custom tune?

Old 11-15-2011 | 11:06 AM
883_dave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Another head exploding here. I got my PV today and started playing. I'm comparing 2 tunes and going through all the differences. I notice that in the custom tune from DJ there are things missing compared to the stock tune, like 'Closed Loop', 'Close Throttle Spark', 'MPG Adjustment'. So if the custom tune doesn't have these tables, what happens to those values if the tune on the bike currently has those? Does the flash only overwrite the values listed? Is there a way to get a missing table from the stock tune to the custom tune?
Normally if you flash the custom tune to your ECM using the PV. Then use the PV to download the custom tune back off of your ECM (use save copy of current function on PV) and then use "get tune" to load the custom tune from the PV to WinPV you should be able to see all of the tables that pertain to your bike.

Old 11-15-2011 | 02:57 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by 883_dave
Normally if you flash the custom tune to your ECM using the PV. Then use the PV to download the custom tune back off of your ECM (use save copy of current function on PV) and then use "get tune" to load the custom tune from the PV to WinPV you should be able to see all of the tables that pertain to your bike.
Sweet, that did it. Thanks!

Old 11-15-2011 | 03:25 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
If one tune has different tables exposed than another it is simply using the tables that you are editing and leaving the others in place, however you can easily update any tune to expose all of the latest tables & features using the following procedure: First run the update client and make sure you have the latest firmware in the PV unit, then go to Program Vehicle/Load Copy and select Copy of Current, this will extract your current calibration and give you the option of which slot to place it in the Tune manager and it will be fully updated. A later firmware release will allow you to simply select something like "update tune" and it will do it automatically

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-15-2011 | 04:13 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Would be nice to merge them in WinPV too. When comparing two tunes, be able to add missing pieces to the custom tune if they are there in the stock tune.

Old 11-17-2011 | 05:02 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Dynojet Power Vision now supports ALL 2012 H-D models, including the '12 Dyna and Softail. Power Vision now supports all 2001 / 2002 – to -current 2012 models including the new '12 Dyna and Softail Models! If you've been following along, you'd know the '12 Dyna and Softail use a new ECM with CAN-bus communication broadcasting on the HD-LAN. This ECM is new, and different than the two CAN-bus ECM’s used on last years Softail, and Softail CVO. After months of testing with the new ECM and calibration that's buried inside it, we’re excited to unlock the potential of these bikes. Not to leave the V-Rod guys hanging, this update also includes support for the new “177 Software Level” calibrations that are present in the 2012 V-Rod’s. All you need to do is use the update client to update your Power Vision to the latest Tune / Config Database and firmware, PV_TUNEDB-0.0.9.7.pvu and PV_FIRMWARE-1.0.7-971.pvu respectively. This Tune / Config Database does include new tune files for many models, including the '12 Dyna and Softail. They are available via the update client within the Tune / Config Database, and will be posted on the Power Vision website soon (the tune files are consistent between the tune database and the website). Not sure which part number supports which model? PV-1 Power Vision for All J1850 ECM Harley-Davidson Models (Excludes 2011-2012 Softails, and 2012 Dyna) Supported Models:
2001-2010 Softails
2002-Present Touring
2002-Present V-Rod
2004-2011 Dyna
07-Present Sportsters
PV-2 Power Vision for all CAN ECM Harley-Davidson Models Supported Models:
20011-2012 Softails (includes CVO)
2012 Dyna (includes Switchback)

Old 11-18-2011 | 06:41 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

In case you missed it in Jamie's longer post, a new firmware update and tune files are available for the PV

All you need to do is use the update client to update your Power Vision to the latest Tune / Config Database and firmware, PV_TUNEDB-0.0.9.7.pvu and PV_FIRMWARE-1.0.7-971.pvu respectively.

Old 11-18-2011 | 08:06 AM
Mbarz
Advanced
Default Power Vision

I just got my duals and stage 1 kit for my bike. The dealer put them on and I got my bike back yesterday. A little cold riding but had to try it out. Anyway the question I have is they downloaded a map from my PV which I had in the Custom Tunes. And since I have 3 maps plus my original I wanted to find out which they put in. Is there a anyway I can check on the PVWin to see what map the bike has or do I have to plug it and check. I have not run any logs since it is a little cold so I planned on holding off until it gets warm. Planned on riding with the map I have until it snows, seems to run good, no pop or problems. I might want to adjust IAC since it is really high in the cold weather at first start. Just wanted to know which map they put in.

Old 11-18-2011 | 08:24 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mbarz
I just got my duals and stage 1 kit for my bike. The dealer put them on and I got my bike back yesterday. A little cold riding but had to try it out. Anyway the question I have is they downloaded a map from my PV which I had in the Custom Tunes. And since I have 3 maps plus my original I wanted to find out which they put in. Is there a anyway I can check on the PVWin to see what map the bike has or do I have to plug it and check. I have not run any logs since it is a little cold so I planned on holding off until it gets warm. Planned on riding with the map I have until it snows, seems to run good, no pop or problems. I might want to adjust IAC since it is really high in the cold weather at first start. Just wanted to know which map they put in.
Yes, Connect the PV to your bike and use the "Copy Current tune" function to copy the tune from the ECM to a slot on the PV. Once you do that, connect the PV to your PC, run WInPV and then select Get Tune. Pick the slot where you put the current tune and save to your PC with whatever name you want to use. You can then edit any features you want.

If you open the tune in WinPV, you should be able to look under Tune Info/ Calibration ID and determine which one they used.

Old 11-19-2011 | 11:02 AM
Mbarz
Advanced
Default power vision

I already have 3 maps on my custom tunes. And when I took it to the dealer to put my stage 1 and duals on I gave them the power vision to download the map I had in the custom tunes. Just trying to figure out if they downloaded the right map since they are not familiar with the power vision. It would be nice to see somewhere on the PV or WinPV what map is currently loaded on the bike. I can select get tune and I get the 3 maps that I have in custom tunes but I do not know which one the bike is actually running. I was thinking on downloading the map I suggested to the dealer to make sure that is the one downloaded on the bike. If it was the same I probably do not need to reset fuel trims. If I download the map is there any problem with downloading twice the same map.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread