Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Mbarz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Vision

Went to the Harley dealer and bought my Power Vision today for my 2011 Ultra Classic, had a great deal going on for Vets. Anyway had a little problem loading the WinPV software, kept getting error message say it did not pass windows logo testing. I think I got everything now downloaded including the updates. Now I am trying to figure out how to put the maps on the WinPV then to the power vision so I can flash to bike. Went on the Dynojet website and located the maps, just need to put them on the PV. Any help would apreciate. Have not plugged into bike yet and save the stock set-up, planned on doing that before I start with the upgrades. Everything is stock now. Would like to add at least 3 maps to the PV .

Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Motown Highwayman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that's it. PV for me. This type of thread is what I love about this forum. Fact as well as opinions, from guys with no advantage to gain with a sale.

Thanks everyone.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbarz
Went to the Harley dealer and bought my Power Vision today for my 2011 Ultra Classic, had a great deal going on for Vets. Anyway had a little problem loading the WinPV software, kept getting error message say it did not pass windows logo testing. I think I got everything now downloaded including the updates. Now I am trying to figure out how to put the maps on the WinPV then to the power vision so I can flash to bike. Went on the Dynojet website and located the maps, just need to put them on the PV. Any help would apreciate. Have not plugged into bike yet and save the stock set-up, planned on doing that before I start with the upgrades. Everything is stock now. Would like to add at least 3 maps to the PV .
Pretty simple. Once WinPV is installed on your PC, start WinPV and open the map you want to send to the PV. Connect the PV via USB cable to PC. Select "Send Tune" and follow the directions from WinPV. It will ask you to pick a slot to store the tune.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Motown Highwayman
Well, that's it. PV for me. This type of thread is what I love about this forum. Fact as well as opinions, from guys with no advantage to gain with a sale.

Thanks everyone.
Let us know if you need any help or have questions.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Motown Highwayman
Advanced

Thanks Dennis - will do. My questions would come in the spring. Buying the stage I stuff over the winter, while bike is in storage. Gives me time to $ over a period of several weeks. Pull her out early March & assemble, including PV. Seems like a long way off. Still riding so far this year 29 degrees on my way in the other day.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Mbarz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default power vision

Starting to figure everything out. Is pretty simple and easy to use. Just got confused on the Dynojet start guide, they changed a few things. Like the load copy of stock. It is not on the page after you select vehicle tools. Saved my stock and now I am putting it on WinPV to save. Really some nice features on the PV I just need to figure out how to use it. Ordered some true duals and SE stage1 Air Kit and then I am going to try some maps. If I have any questions I will post.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

I was thinking of ordering the PV for my 2011 Blackline to compliment my pending Winter exhaust/air mods, but when I searched the site for maps it only had 2 listed for slip ons and high flow air filter.
Not sure I wanna drop that kinda dough only to find out that neither of those two are close enough to get the bike running well since I will not be using either components they built the map around.
Any advice?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,130 Likes on 1,345 Posts

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
I was thinking of ordering the PV for my 2011 Blackline to compliment my pending Winter exhaust/air mods, but when I searched the site for maps it only had 2 listed for slip ons and high flow air filter.
Not sure I wanna drop that kinda dough only to find out that neither of those two are close enough to get the bike running well since I will not be using either components they built the map around.
Any advice?
We have a wide range of Power Vision calibrations for the 2011 Blackline, we have most popular combinations covered and also offer unlimited technical support. Feel free to give me a call or email jamie@fuelmotousa.com with the mods you are planning and I will let you know whats available.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
Any advice?
I was going to suggest you call Fuel Moto. (I see Jamie responded too). They normally have more maps for multiple combinations. Also, once you get a good starting map, you can tune it more yourself.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Thanks gentlemen!
Hopefully Fuelmoto will have something to match my desired build components/configuration.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread