Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Azdeluxe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so now alot of you have PV And been running it for awhile, is there any reason not to go with PV for my 2012 EG Limited? Fueo Motos Jamie seems to be a stand up guy with a tremendous amount of knowledge. I'm wanting to go with his 2/1/2 pipe, tour mufflers or monster rounds and Woods tw555 cams and keep coming back to PV , but the talk on this stickie seems to be very technical, so I'm wondering if this systems simplicity, plug and play, is overrated.
Please comment.
Thanks
Don

Old 10-26-2011, 04:28 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Azdeluxe
Ok so now alot of you have PV And been running it for awhile, is there any reason not to go with PV for my 2012 EG Limited? Fueo Motos Jamie seems to be a stand up guy with a tremendous amount of knowledge. I'm wanting to go with his 2/1/2 pipe, tour mufflers or monster rounds and Woods tw555 cams and keep coming back to PV , but the talk on this stickie seems to be very technical, so I'm wondering if this systems simplicity is overrated.
Please comment.
Thanks
Don
If you make that many changes to the breathing of any EFI vehicle, you will need some sort of tuner. If you do not own a dyno (and most of us don't) then the only games in town are TTS and Power Vision. Functionally, they are very similar. I prefer the Power Vision as you do not have to give your laptop a ride to collect data for the tuning software.

Power Vision has a huge advantage in that you can view almost anything on it as a digital display after the tuning is done. Things like gas mileage, gear, digital speedometer or even fuel trims to keep an eye on the tune as weather or fuel changes.

Sure you can get real over the top technical with these things or you can just toss in a caned map from Jamie and just go ride. Lots of people stop at this stage if not most people do. It's up to you.

Have fun tuning or just riding.

Beast

Old 10-26-2011, 06:33 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok so now alot of you have PV And been running it for awhile, is there any reason not to go with PV for my 2012 EG Limited? Fueo Motos Jamie seems to be a stand up guy with a tremendous amount of knowledge. I'm wanting to go with his 2/1/2 pipe, tour mufflers or monster rounds and Woods tw555 cams and keep coming back to PV , but the talk on this stickie seems to be very technical, so I'm wondering if this systems simplicity, plug and play, is overrated.
Please comment.
Thanks
Don
Don

The PV is very simple to use but it also is a very powerful tuner. The tables used in EFI tuning are very technical so sometimes the back and forth on this thread is just that - technical. For ease of use, I don't think you will find a better tuner that has all of the functions you may need. The PV can be used as simply as plugging it in and loading a predefined map for your setup or you can get as involved in the tuning as you want.

Tuning really doesn't change from tuner to tuner. The tables are all the same. The tuner is just the interface or tool to get the job done and the PV is a very good one. It can also be used to display a lot of useful information as you ride. It can read a tune from the bike and let you edit it, it does autotune data logging without having to drag a laptop along, etc....

Last edited by JustDennis; 10-26-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Azdeluxe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Don

The PV is very simple to use but it also is a very powerful tuner. The tables used in EFI tuning are very technical so sometimes the back and forth on this thread is just that - technical. For ease of use, I don't think you will find a better tuner that has all of the functions you may need. The PV can be used as simply as plugging it in and loading a predefined map for your setup or you can get as involved in the tuning as you want.

Tuning really doesn't change from tuner to tuner. The tables are all the same. The tuner is just the interface or tool to get the job done and the PV is a very good one. It can also be used to display a lot of useful information as you ride. It can read a tune from the bike and let you edit it, it does autotune data logging without having to drag a laptop along, etc....
Will the auto tune feature work like Thundermax and self learn/ auto tune, And make its own adjustments as you ride...ie making constant timing adjustments
When knocking occurs?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Will the auto tune feature work like Thundermax and self learn/ auto tune, And make its own adjustments as you ride...ie making constant timing adjustments
When knocking occurs?

Thanks
The autotune feature of the PV allows you to create log data as you ride and then analyze and apply that data to your tune. The log data allows you to corrrect fuel delivery and timing. It does not automatically apply the changes as you ride. The PV can use the stock O2 sensors for data logging or you can use the wideband autotune sensors from Dynojet as well.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Grandmaster
Novice

I just purchased one from Fuel Moto along with the 4" Jackpots, air cleaner, and 2/1/2 pipe. I was a little worried before buying the tuner that it was just going to be too technical and maybe I should go with a PCV. I have not flashed the bike yet, but I did plug the tuner into the computer and downloaded the maps that fuel moto included on the tuner. Once you download the map and start looking at them, they really are not as intimidating as initially thought. Maybe I will re-consider my thought on it when I do flash and have to start ironing out any bugs...but I am hoping fuel moto's maps are going to be on the money and I will be done!

Please comment.
Thanks
Don

Old 10-31-2011, 04:48 AM
zven
Stage III

I thought that, except flashing ECM, all other functions of the PV could be done on other bikes.
Actually that's not true : I wanted to do a copy of CURRENT of another bike and the PV says it was not married to that bike.

I understand that flashing need PV to be married, but not reading...
And it's for reading the ECM tables values (*.pvt) not the ECM (*.stk)

I wanted to analyse his spark advance tables, his bike's running very well...

Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 AM
zven
Stage III

Anyway I'm happy with the PV, but just a little dissapointed as I told my friend it can do it...

Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 PM
turtle2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zven
Anyway I'm happy with the PV, but just a little dissapointed as I told my friend it can do it...
What ....Thats not my understanding.
Who knows for sure?

Old 11-02-2011, 07:22 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by turtle2
What ....Thats not my understanding.
Who knows for sure?
The PV can read diagnostic information from other bikes but when it comes to loading the current ECM config or flashing a new tune the the ECM, it must be married to the bike. As part of the initial marrying sequence, the PV actually makes a copy of the original ECM config.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread