Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Currently the only 12mm wideband sensors available are made by Bosch Racing and are used in Formula 1 and Moto Gp and cost $700.00 each. Sensor development is driven by the automotive industry requirements and until we see something in an OEM application (which is the case with the current LSU widebands) we will likely not see anything available to the aftermarket.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I think DJ is working on an AT-100 kit with 12mm WB sensors, but I don't know the timetable for release. Maybe Jamie will pipe in with a report.
Count me in as soon as they are available!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Currently the only 12mm wideband sensors available are made by Bosch Racing and are used in Formula 1 and Moto Gp and cost $700.00 each. Sensor development is driven by the automotive industry requirements and until we see something in an OEM application (which is the case with the current LSU widebands) we will likely not see anything available to the aftermarket.
I would think the market's going to HAVE to catch up since every HD built since 2010 comes with 12mm bungs and 12mm NB O2 sensors.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Do you have the Stoich Value in the LT set to 14.6?
Yes I do

Old 10-07-2011, 08:45 AM
ARMJOKER
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to give Jamie @ Fuel Moto a big shout out. He is one hell of a stand up guy. Ordered a Power Visions and it appeared to get lost in shipping, Jamie immediately resent one NEXT DAY so that I could get it in time for our big foliage ride this weekend. SO I install the Python staggered Duals, Vance&Hines Naked VO2 intake and the Tune supplied by Jamie @Fuel Moto from the Power Vision and now my 2011 Fat Bob just came ALIVE!! Just finished all the installs last night and it's already chilly in the Northeast at night so I haven't but the bike thru it's paces yet but I will tonight after work. Thanks again Jamie!!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ARMJOKER
Just wanted to give Jamie @ Fuel Moto a big shout out. He is one hell of a stand up guy.
He's okay. Other than selling top-drawer products, giving faultless customer service, going the extra mile in the event of a problem, giving the customer the benefit of the doubt, and otherwise being a nice guy, he's pretty average.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

This is how I do WOT testing using the PowerVision with a wideband option. I always use 2ed gear and pull from below 2000 RPM to the rev limiter. I always test on the same stretch of road. Here is my bike that happens to have a very flat torque curve.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/WB2edGearPull.jpg

This is what the same bike looks like when the fuel light just came on. The stock tank is a very poor design that is very sensitive to fuel starvation. This is what the issue looks like when it is caught on the widebands. This is just one of the things that has
convinced me that dyno tuning gets you in the ballpark but final has to be done in the real world.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/WB2edGearFuelStarve.jpg

Here is the two runs superimposed for comparing the torque. Even with the lean hole, the run with starvation slightly out pulled the
clean pull.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/WB2edGearPullComp.jpg

Have fun tuning

Beast

Old 10-08-2011, 02:11 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 FXDF and the Power Vision

A buddy of mine has a 2009 FXDF. He kept it stock for the life of the warranty.

The day the warranty was over he ordered a K*N Stage one A/F from Fuel Moto, a Power Vision, and found some V*H Big Radius 2-2 on a clearance table.

He put everything on himself, and got a map from Jaime. He did a little tweaking to the map, but that PV is awesome, and the difference in his bike as far as ride ability and get and go is ten fold.

I have a SEPST, and I am thinking of buying one of those devices. He has it mounted on his clutch side, and it tells him engine temp, RPM, estimated fuel usage, and all types of other stuff.

I thought I'd just pass this along to the Dyna riders. I am in no way a sales person or affiliated with Fuel Moto or DynoJet, but that tuner sure made a difference in my buddies ride.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
PIGSNOTS
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 FLHTK with Rhinehart True Duals and Stage I screaming Eagle air cleaner. Have the Power Vision but have not been able to find tune I am satisfied with. I am new to self tuning; however I am wanting to learn. Anyone who is willing to give me some advise would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:13 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PIGSNOTS
I have a 2011 FLHTK with Rhinehart True Duals and Stage I screaming Eagle air cleaner. Have the Power Vision but have not been able to find tune I am satisfied with. I am new to self tuning; however I am wanting to learn. Anyone who is willing to give me some advise would be greatly appreciated.
grab a few COLD ONES.... begin by reading this thread from POST 1... most of info for basic tune is explained pretty well here... then shoot of some questions...... thats how i did it... the PV isnt that hard once u begin to tool with it...

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread