Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 AM
iaff84
Tourer
Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

That is even better, THANKS.
Dennis

Old 09-26-2011, 10:51 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I reset the trims every time I load a new map after tuning.

Changing Decel Enleanment only effects fuel delivery during the decel event. Decel would take MAP values to 20% or below so you would be affecting that column. A value of 13.0 in the 20% column should not make you smell gas. 20% only occurs during decel. Your bike probably idles around 30%. 13.0 to 13.5 should be fine in the 20% column to reduce decel popping. Does that answer your question?
yp ...and thanks..you've been great help... bike running better and quieter after redoing ve tables ...so far 7 times using PV log tuner...is this normal ?..or is ir because running richer ?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
yp ...and thanks..you've been great help... bike running better and quieter after redoing ve tables ...so far 7 times using PV log tuner...is this normal ?..or is ir because running richer ?
As the VE tables are adjusted to more accurately reflect the air flow thru your engine, it allows the ECM to more accurately calculate fuel delivery. The bike should run better. 7 - 11 tuning runs with Log tuner seems to give me pretty good results so it sounds like you are right on track.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:23 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Dennis, my wideband showed up yesterday. I hope to see just how good I did tuning the bike with just the aid of narrow bands this weekend.

Beast

Last edited by whittlebeast; 09-27-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
Dennis, my wideband showed up up yesterday. I hope to see just how good I did tuning the bike with just the aid of narrow bands this weekend.

Beast
I will be interested to see your results. Good luck.

Last edited by JustDennis; 09-27-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Closed throttle timing

I have an '11 Ultra Glide. Uses the strategy 44 maps. It has 25 degrees of timing at 0 degrees throttle. When does "0" throttle occur? When running at an idle the PV shows 4 degrees. I have changed this timing number a few times and now have it set at 65 degrees and never see it in the display or logs. I just like to tear stuff apart and see how it works and if this is a feature of these ecm's and it is used on other strategy maps like a TP type that is ok and I will put it back to the stock 25 degrees and leave it alone.

Another area I wonder about. Does the stock and/or stage or SESRT calibrations have the PE mode in them or does it just show up with a PV? I never see any discussion on this feature on Master Tune or Race Tuner threads. I have a copy of SESRT software and have looked at the calibrations and there is no PE info, only one throttle blade control table. Don't get me wrong I am not Bashing any of these products but the PV seems to offer so much more. My dyno guy is going to Vegas next week for required training for Auto Tune and I hope he learns more about the PV while he is there.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:57 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by captdave221
I have an '11 Ultra Glide. Uses the strategy 44 maps. It has 25 degrees of timing at 0 degrees throttle. When does "0" throttle occur? When running at an idle the PV shows 4 degrees. I have changed this timing number a few times and now have it set at 65 degrees and never see it in the display or logs. I just like to tear stuff apart and see how it works and if this is a feature of these ecm's and it is used on other strategy maps like a TP type that is ok and I will put it back to the stock 25 degrees and leave it alone.

Another area I wonder about. Does the stock and/or stage or SESRT calibrations have the PE mode in them or does it just show up with a PV? I never see any discussion on this feature on Master Tune or Race Tuner threads. I have a copy of SESRT software and have looked at the calibrations and there is no PE info, only one throttle blade control table. Don't get me wrong I am not Bashing any of these products but the PV seems to offer so much more. My dyno guy is going to Vegas next week for required training for Auto Tune and I hope he learns more about the PV while he is there.
Dave, Post your *.pvt that you are running. The table that controls that is exposed in some configs and in others is hidden. If you can get to it, it will be under <Spark> <Closed Throttle Spark> and this table overrides the main spark table.

Hope this helps

Beast

Old 09-28-2011, 08:00 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

I think you are speaking of the Closed Throttle Spark Table - if so, it does appear in other calibrations and comes into effect on Closed Throttle. My bike is a Throttle by wire bike also and always shows 4% at idle but the Closed Throttle spark table comes into effect when you release the throttle not when TP goes to 0%. The only time I have used that table and changed the value away from 25 is to help get rid of decel popping that I could not get rid of by using adjusting DE or AFR in the 20% MAP column of the AFR Table. I currently have my Closed Throttle Spark table set to 22 at the 118 degree F range for 1500 to 4000 RPM. This setting works best for my setup. I haven't looked for it in the logs but moving it just a little helped get rid of the last annoying pop I had. I would never set it to something like 65 - somewhere between 20 to 30 is more like it.

PE mode is a function of the ECM so it is part of Stock and Stage I calibrations. The PV just gives you the ability to modify it. I can't speak to the SESRT but the same feature is available in TTS. You set it the PE RPM enable under ECM tuning constants in TTS and the PE AFR and Spark tables are also available.

Last edited by JustDennis; 09-28-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

I got the PowerVision widebands running on the Sporty today. This is the first log of the tune I did using only MegaLogViewer HD and the stock narrow bands. So far I am quite happy with the results.

On the right is the target AFRs and on the left is the actual AFRs that is showing up at the exhaust. Keep in mind that with this configuration, I am running 100% open loop.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/WidebandSporty01.jpg

Have fun tuning.

Beast

Last edited by whittlebeast; 09-28-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
ARMJOKER
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to call Jamie @ fuelmoto tomorrow to get a Power Vision headed my way for my 2011 Fatbob. Talked to him tonight and all he wants is what intake and pipes I have, gave him the info and he says he has a killer map to pre load into the unit. I can't wait to feel the difference.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread