Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 06:36 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dynaulv
There is a lot of discussion on the Net about what the official stage one map really is doing. To really find out I would like to have a look at a stage one map for a 96"
twin cam in power vision format (.pvt). Anyone here who has got one?
(People who started using PV on a a bike already mapped to stage one and have
backed up as stock and made a "copy of stock")
A screendump of the VE-tables in a stage one map would be an useful alternative.
(I am not trying to save money, I just want to see the facts, and suddenly
realized that we PV users have a way to find the truth...)
Here ya go.

Attached Files
Old 09-24-2011, 04:10 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

question.. Do I have to reset the fuel trims everytime i load a new map after using the log tuner on the PV while i keep on trying to get VE tables to almost no changes ?

also - i changed Dec Enrichment from stock 1.0 to 0.9.. .without changes AFR's... got rid of the popping.. i kept decreasing the AFR from 14.4 to 13.5 and went as low as 13.0 in the 20% column but then bike had a smell of gas while riding... im between 13.7-13.5 now till about 3000RPM... I assume replaceing Dec Enr factor will decrease 10% all values in my current AFR table MAP or only the 20% column only ?? hope i am making sense lol...

bike is running great now.... just looking for feedback..... seems i still have to run several logs to get VE tables though...

Last edited by papifun; 09-24-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
iaff84
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

I have read most of this thread and must say I am more confused as a new user of this tuner. The booklet that came with it just tells how to hook up and down load tune, not how to log and tune. The instruction booklet down load at web site does not work. Can anyone post a link to instruction booklet that gives a blow by blow explanation on how to log and tune? Then maybe when I have a little knowledge, I can ask for some help!
Thanks
Dennis

Old 09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

This may help you get started.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/PVlogtuner.htm

Old 09-25-2011, 06:09 PM
iaff84
Tourer

Thanks, I have that one, I copied it from a post here, got me started, have ran two logs, now by reading this form, have no clue where to go from here and how to compare tunes. Is there any down load instructions with more "simple" instructions, examples of what we are looking at, you know PV for dummies??

Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 PM
iaff84
Tourer

To be more clear, I need someone to suggest down loads of manuals to read, I have never messed with any tuner. Bought this one thinking with time, I could work out tune on 2011 Tri Glide.
I was surprised at the little info I received with it. I have been following this long thread but would like to down load a manual but links at web pages come up blank from fuel motto. As a new person to this, this forum is helpful but also confusing spread over so many pages. Took me 60 pages to realize I needed to down load PV log tuner program to even get started.
I have the tune Jamie did for my set up down loaded as a starting point.
So any suggested reading would be helpful.
Dennis

Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Martimus
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iaff84
To be more clear, I need someone to suggest down loads of manuals to read, I have never messed with any tuner. Bought this one thinking with time, I could work out tune on 2011 Tri Glide.
I was surprised at the little info I received with it. I have been following this long thread but would like to down load a manual but links at web pages come up blank from fuel motto. As a new person to this, this forum is helpful but also confusing spread over so many pages. Took me 60 pages to realize I needed to down load PV log tuner program to even get started.
I have the tune Jamie did for my set up down loaded as a starting point.
So any suggested reading would be helpful.
Dennis
You can also find the PV manuals, firmware, and software here:

http://www.dynojet.com/newdynojet/do...Power%20Vision

Old 09-26-2011, 05:42 AM
iaff84
Tourer

Originally Posted by Martimus
You can also find the PV manuals, firmware, and software here:

http://www.dynojet.com/newdynojet/do...Power%20Vision
Thank You.
Now for some reading, I am sure I will have some more questions in a few weeks after trying a few things.
Dennis

Old 09-26-2011, 06:19 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
question.. Do I have to reset the fuel trims everytime i load a new map after using the log tuner on the PV while i keep on trying to get VE tables to almost no changes ?
I reset the trims every time I load a new map after tuning.

Originally Posted by papifun
also - i changed Dec Enrichment from stock 1.0 to 0.9.. .without changes AFR's... got rid of the popping.. i kept decreasing the AFR from 14.4 to 13.5 and went as low as 13.0 in the 20% column but then bike had a smell of gas while riding... im between 13.7-13.5 now till about 3000RPM... I assume replaceing Dec Enr factor will decrease 10% all values in my current AFR table MAP or only the 20% column only ?? hope i am making sense lol...

bike is running great now.... just looking for feedback..... seems i still have to run several logs to get VE tables though...
Changing Decel Enleanment only effects fuel delivery during the decel event. Decel would take MAP values to 20% or below so you would be affecting that column. A value of 13.0 in the 20% column should not make you smell gas. 20% only occurs during decel. Your bike probably idles around 30%. 13.0 to 13.5 should be fine in the 20% column to reduce decel popping. Does that answer your question?

Last edited by JustDennis; 09-26-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:20 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iaff84
Thank You.
Now for some reading, I am sure I will have some more questions in a few weeks after trying a few things.
Dennis
Click the link in my signature for another version of instructions I compiled at the request of some folks here when the PV first came out.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread